Beauty box coming to Q Friday?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, I finished my tax return a couple of hours ago (couldn't be more last-minute if I'd tried!), I've bathed and eaten and now I'm ready to reward myself so I'm after this box. Hope it's not going to be long. Can anyone remember if the last two boxes were presented on air? Is it likely to be on tomorrow, or is it only online or on the Beauty channel or something?

It's live now but I'm out - the sizes are tiny and whilst the total cost of the contents is more than £20, it's just not good value for me as the mystery full sizes just don't make up for the rest, which I either have a version of already or don't really want - disappointed

Breakdown of contents Worth and cost.
Where the sizes can be purchased I have quoted that price, if not then worked out by ml for ml.
For those of us that like to give as little gifts, or just like to know.

In your box:
1 x Essie Mint Candy Apple Nail Polish (12ml) - WORTH £7.99 cost £1.68
1 x Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Coconut Breeze (40ml) - WORTH £9.50 cost £2.00
1 x Molton Brown Dewy Lily of The Valley & Star Anise Bath & Shower Gel (50ml) - WORTH £5.00 cost £1.05
1 x Australian Bodycare Skin Wash (50ml) - WORTH £2.45 cost 53p
1 x This Works In Transit Camera Close-up (20ml) - WORTH £15.00 cost £3.16
1 x Elemis Gentle Foaming Face Wash (30ml) - WORTH £6.50 cost £1.37
1 x Pixi Glow Tonic Exfoliating Toner (15ml) - WORTH £1.50 worth 32p
1 x Decleor Aromessence Mandarine Oil Serum (5ml) - WORTH £17.50 cost £3.67
1 x Doll 10 Lip Velvet (2ml) WORTH £10.00 cost £2.11
1 x Mally Evercolor Shadow Stick Extra (1.6g) WORTH £19.50 cost £4.11

Total worth £94.94!!!!!!
No brainer.

Well, I finished my tax return a couple of hours ago (couldn't be more last-minute if I'd tried!), I've bathed and eaten and now I'm ready to reward myself so I'm after this box. Hope it's not going to be long. Can anyone remember if the last two boxes were presented on air? Is it likely to be on tomorrow, or is it only online or on the Beauty channel or something?

they are web exclusive so will never go to air

It's live now but I'm out - the sizes are tiny and whilst the total cost of the contents is more than £20, it's just not good value for me as the mystery full sizes just don't make up for the rest, which I either have a version of already or don't really want - disappointed

You have made me re-think this and I thank you! I was feeling in need of a treat and the box is undoubtedly good value at £20 when the RRPs total 4-5 times that. However, like you say, I don't really need, or won't use, half of it, especially the colour cosmetics of which I have hundreds and don't even know if I'll like the colours. I have looked at the "value" (to me) of the things I really would like or might buy anyway (see below) and I'm struggling to make £20 in all honesty. I'm fed up of relying on eBay to offload the extras in this and other beauty boxes, in order to justify my past purchases - it's time-consuming and overall you only make a few quid here and there after fees and postage. I think I'm going to swerve this one after all.

Breakdown of contents Worth and cost.
Where the sizes can be purchased I have quoted that price, if not then worked out by ml for ml.
For those of us that like to give as little gifts, or just like to know.

In your box:
1 x Essie Mint Candy Apple Nail Polish (12ml) - WORTH £7.99 cost £1.68
1 x Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Coconut Breeze (40ml) - WORTH £9.50 cost £2.00
1 x Molton Brown Dewy Lily of The Valley & Star Anise Bath & Shower Gel (50ml) - WORTH £5.00 cost £1.05
1 x Australian Bodycare Skin Wash (50ml) - WORTH £2.45 cost 53p
1 x This Works In Transit Camera Close-up (20ml) - WORTH £15.00 cost £3.16
1 x Elemis Gentle Foaming Face Wash (30ml) - WORTH £6.50 cost £1.37
1 x Pixi Glow Tonic Exfoliating Toner (15ml) - WORTH £1.50 worth 32p
1 x Decleor Aromessence Mandarine Oil Serum (5ml) - WORTH £17.50 cost £3.67
1 x Doll 10 Lip Velvet (2ml) WORTH £10.00 cost £2.11
1 x Mally Evercolor Shadow Stick Extra (1.6g) WORTH £19.50 cost £4.11

Total worth £94.94!!!!!!
No brainer.

This is brilliant, thank you! I think you've done what I do and worked out the costs pro rata so you've saved me a job there. But what I also do is look at the value to me - eg I wouldn't put the Mally shadow at £4 let alone £19.50 because I wouldn't use it so it's really only worth £0 to me. Being brutal here but I've got to get a grip. It's only my personal view and I'm sure a lot of people will consider it a no-brainer as you say. Hope you love it, lloyd.

I ordered mine .I like everything except the nail varnish ,so maybe give that to someone as gift .

You have made me re-think this and I thank you! I was feeling in need of a treat and the box is undoubtedly good value at £20 when the RRPs total 4-5 times that. However, like you say, I don't really need, or won't use, half of it, especially the colour cosmetics of which I have hundreds and don't even know if I'll like the colours. I have looked at the "value" (to me) of the things I really would like or might buy anyway (see below) and I'm struggling to make £20 in all honesty. I'm fed up of relying on eBay to offload the extras in this and other beauty boxes, in order to justify my past purchases - it's time-consuming and overall you only make a few quid here and there after fees and postage. I think I'm going to swerve this one after all.

AndiK, yes that's exactly how I feel (although bizarrely, if the Molton Brown shower gel had been 100ml, I probably would have succumbed). I knocked the You Beauty Box on the head for exactly the same reason - very good value, but I ended up with loads of little travel/sample sizes that I generally ended up giving away before they went off.

With this box, I actually already have a few of these items in travel sizes and given there is no guarantee of the colours we'll get for the full sizes, this just doesn't seem like a value purchase for me, but as Lloyd has shown, it is berluddy good value if you do fancy the products inside!

AndiK, yes that's exactly how I feel (although bizarrely, if the Molton Brown shower gel had been 100ml, I probably would have succumbed). I knocked the You Beauty Box on the head for exactly the same reason - very good value, but I ended up with loads of little travel/sample sizes that I generally ended up giving away before they went off.

With this box, I actually already have a few of these items in travel sizes and given there is no guarantee of the colours we'll get for the full sizes, this just doesn't seem like a value purchase for me, but as Lloyd has shown, it is berluddy good value if you do fancy the products inside!

I am disappointed as the first few items revealed to be in the box made it look very attractive. It went downhill for me though. I've just had another good look at the list of contents and faltered a tiny bit but I think I've made my mind up. Love Molton Brown like you, but hate 50ml bottles in any make.

Thanks for this .... I had just ordered on auto pilot - but then read the recent comments and sanity has prevailed. Ido the NEED any of this ... yes a couple of things might be 'nice' but I really don't need anyone more 'stuff' I've got drawers full of unused stuff - so now cancelled my order
Thanks again !

Prezzies

I am sure I will enjoy it, thank you AndiK.
I have a couple of other beauty boxes and when I have friends birthdays I e mail them with what I have and then they can choose things to try. Might seem an odd thing to do but it works for me, I have had great feedback from friends. At least if you break it down in price you can make an informed decision whether to buy or not.

Last edited:
I am sure I will enjoy it, thank you AndiK.
I have a couple of other beauty boxes and when I have friends birthdays I e mail them with what I have and then they can choose things to try. Might seem an odd thing to do but it works for me, I have had great feedback from friends. At least if you break it down in price you can make an informed decision whether to buy or not.

I think that's a great idea - I tend to make up gift boxes for friends with what I think they'd like but that's a much better way of doing it!!!

I've ordered this box. I didn't need any of it and a couple of items I don't like/want so I'll gift them. But there are a couple of things I want to try.

Thanks for the breakdown. It's good value but I just bought the Powder box with the discount..... Trying to resist but mmmmm, like some of the products.

So out of interest I had a look at the Elemis Gentle Cleansing Wash ingredients on their own site. It has lactic acid, I cannot use this ingredient I come out in lumps if I use it. So not gentle at all.

The Essie polish Candy Apple, is an old shade I know I bought it 5 or 6 years back. I own a few from the collection it came in, they should have given the lovely deep rose pink or even the even more pretty blue shade.

Latest posts

Back