Beauty Loves with Becca TSV 10/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Has anyone who is wears medium beige bare minerals and similar shades been colour matched for becca?

I'm thinking the nearest may be nude. Any ideas?

Hah, what a PR disaster. :mysmilie_17:

And bloggers giving only positive reviews, what a surprise... I wouldn't trust a word a blogger says, even those who claim to be completely independent, they're hardly going to give completely honest negative reviews all the time or else brands will stop sending them stuff to try. They have to embellish the truth or they won't be able to sustain the blog due to lack of freebie samples to review.

How can you trust these Beauty Bloggers and other Bloggers when they get free stuff and they have to say it's amazing, tremendous? Why can't they be honest with their reviews? There must be some brands that don't agree with their Skins? That's why it's a joke! :mysmilie_5:

Wow Alison Young looked amazing in the launch show with this make-up. Not tried it before and was really unsure of what shade but so glad I went for the Nude as this is was Ali was wearing and I would say my skin tone is similar to hers. Also advanced orders already on some colours

Goodness, I thought the complete opposite. Ali Young's hair looks a complete mess with those roots coming through.

Isn't that Becca guest the Perfect Formula woman (amongst other things) with the great nails? Yes I do believe it is. :mysmilie_17:

Alison's hair has been like that since Xmas, its awful.

There are bloggers who actually buy their own products. I trust them, in the US you can return cosmetics if used and they don't work for you.

Here are reviews from MUA, these are normal woman who have actually bought it. Now they do tend to use the Mac numbers for matching shades.

https://www.makeupalley.com/product...imate-Coverage-Complexion-Crème/Becca/Liquid

Sephora gives the shade and the actual description of the shade.

http://www.sephora.com/ultimate-cov...640?skuId=1576305&icid2=products grid:p384640

Wow Alison Young looked amazing in the launch show with this make-up. Not tried it before and was really unsure of what shade but so glad I went for the Nude as this is was Ali was wearing and I would say my skin tone is similar to hers. Also advanced orders already on some colours

I've just had a look and agree with you, lukea01 - I don't mind the roots (I can't talk, mine are currently shocking) and I really like the soft curls as they suit her. What I think looked wrong was yet again, way too much highlighter making her look sweaty and puffy and she needed either a stronger lip or a stronger eye - when you've got a round face, you have to have one or the other, otherwise your features just disappear into your face.

I agree about Alison, I thought she looked really nice, for a change. I liked her hair toned down and with a soft curl and the make up really suited her. Funny how we all see different things. ��

I had to have a look too, didn’t like Ali’s make up at all, shiny, put me off.
The model’s cheeks looked so raw, ouch.

I agree about Alison, I thought she looked really nice, for a change. I liked her hair toned down and with a soft curl and the make up really suited her. Funny how we all see different things. ��

I thought she looked good too

The plastered down look at the roots is awful. Makes it look like her hair is full of grease.
Bet Estee Lauder who now own Becca who pulled the AD. I will say the TSV was booked long before EL bought Becca but AD since its not made yet has been pulled by them.

The plastered down look at the roots is awful. Makes it look like her hair is full of grease.
Bet Estee Lauder who now own Becca who pulled the AD. I will say the TSV was booked long before EL bought Becca but AD since its not made yet has been pulled by them.

Ooh that sounds very plausible - I had a look on Q's FB page and people are asking, but no response as yet from Q, wonder if they'll just pretend it never happened

I ordered AD on behalf of my daughter so I'm rolling up my sleeves for a fight. I wonder whether the planned AD stock is now being sold as advanced orders. Off to look at facebook for a full and frank response from the xx media chaps (not holding my breathe because they have to "pass it to the relevant "team", that'll be the BS team!)

On the topic of bloggers, my DD is a blogger, she's performs this role in-house for the beauty brand she works for, but also independently blogs and buys the products herself. This way she's buying stuff she and other 20 year olds are tempted to buy and certainly doesn't like everything. However she does get sent products to try but these are often inappropriate for her age - including anti-aging skin care and grey root coverage products. She gets invited to blogger events too (generally in London ofcourse) where there are usually goody bags, but these invites are sometimes very wide of the products she reviews, including a foodie niche tea brand! Mr A and I are still working our way through these tea bags as DD doesn't even drink tea! So if she receives a product she has no interest in she'll email and ask them to send her the return postage or to arrange collection but they usually respond that she can pass the item to someone else or bin it. (I'm doing quite well out of it but they're at the end of a large stockpile of products I choose to use.

Is her name Ruth, the Becca/Perfect Formula guest? Nice to have a change from the usual nasal Estuary accent, but a Northern nasally speaker isn't a huge improvement imho!

I ordered AD on behalf of my daughter so I'm rolling up my sleeves for a fight. I wonder whether the planned AD stock is now being sold as advanced orders. Off to look at facebook for a full and frank response from the xx media chaps (not holding my breathe because they have to "pass it to the relevant "team", that'll be the BS team!)

Akimbo, keep us updated as it will be interesting to see if they honour the AD orders already placed - fingers crossed for you they do!

On an entirely different note, look how nice JF looked with darker hair in this earlier presentation of one of the Becca products

http://www.qvcuk.com/Becca-Ultimate...em=216331&recommendationTypeId=IOFFER&sc=DTLR

This brush is bonkers though!

http://www.qvcuk.com/Becca-The-One-...ml?sc=SRCHDR&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-10-_-205255

On facebook there's a reply:

"apologies for any confusion or disappointment caused here. The auto delivery option has been cancelled in order to allow for the advanced order facility to be available for our customers once the initial stock is sold out. Joe x" (Only one kiss this time)

So how long will it take for Q to contact every buyer who doesn't read facebook? Again, not holding my breath!

Latest posts

Back