Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In the '80s he was anywhere from around 18 to 28. At that period in his life what exactly would he be doing in the States so high profile he hooks up with Debbie Reynolds? It's possible, so you cannot definitely disprove it, but along with so much else he claims, it is without any trackable evidence.
Her house boy?

I've heard him mention Debbie Reynolds as a dear friend before but I doubt there's any real evidence of that.
And she passed away so cannot corroborate it. He reckons he's friends with the stars, played Vegas and yet he's worked for years on shopping channels.

His Wikipedia entry details the Live and Kicking children's TV stuff, and a couple of reality TV type appearances. Toured Butlins with a live version of Run The Risk.

Joined Bid in 2000 until 2014 when channel went into liquidation. Joined Gems in May 2014 then left in June 2014. Joined IW in 2014 but suspended for a month in 2018 due to his comments about Polish and Latvians in UK.

No mention of anything interesting where he may have come into contact with these stars. Maybe he met Debbie Reynolds in McDonalds when she was getting a Big Mac and he was appropriately dressed as a clown🤔

And she passed away so cannot corroborate it. He reckons he's friends with the stars, played Vegas and yet he's worked for years on shopping channels.

His Wikipedia entry details the Live and Kicking children's TV stuff, and a couple of reality TV type appearances. Toured Butlins with a live version of Run The Risk.

Joined Bid in 2000 until 2014 when channel went into liquidation. Joined Gems in May 2014 then left in June 2014. Joined IW in 2014 but suspended for a month in 2018 due to his comments about Polish and Latvians in UK.

No mention of anything interesting where he may have come into contact with these stars. Maybe he met Debbie Reynolds in McDonalds when she was getting a Big Mac and he was appropriately dressed as a clown🤔
Maybe played Vegas slot machines

I mean he's never been anything big that would take him to the states and work has he, that would take him into the realms of meeting Cher and the like, surely?

I mean he's never been anything big that would take him to the states and work has he, that would take him into the realms of meeting Cher and the like, surely?
I'm sure if he really had, we would never hear the end of it. It's the first time today I've heard him mention it.

The cynical thing about them, in particular, for me is the manipulative and clouded use of these price comparisons. Their target market in general, you would think, are not expert Internet users. If they were, why on earth would they be buying from them in the first place? Their deals on known products can so often be considerably beaten on price. Rarely, if ever, have I seen this channel be cheaper on these types of goods than other established online retailers. Telling old ladies and gentlemen without a computer that a kettle and toaster set cost nearly £200 elsewhere, when you can actually get the same set for around £80, is a shameful tactic for me. Shopping channels should NOT be allowed to use ‘Sold Out’ price comparisons to attempt to improve the look of their own. The rules should be any price comparisons given MUST by sourced and only on goods currently available. Still, the more scrupulous channels like QVC tend to not engage in these sorts of shoddy tactics without the need for rules. Others, need to be legislated against.

For all the many faults IWmk2 had, intentionally misleading — because let's face it: that is what they are shown for, to mislead intentionally — price comparisons was not one of them.

Whenever they showed a price comparison chart it was always for in-stock, directly comparable items; sites/stores were listed by name; and on a few occasions they were confident enough to list places selling something /cheaper/ then were (to which they'd say "they're a few quid cheaper but you don't get flexi pay or the convenience of ASDA returns" or "we also include 2 free cookbooks", etc).

And it's one thing meeting them, but he claims he was great friends with them. I've heard him claim that he'd "played Vegas" but that could be the Vegas nite club in Clacton. He wouldn't have been good enough to have played at the the Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club!

I've noticed the following Pedro-isms over the years:
  1. Claims we was in TV shows he wasn't (e.g., Blue Peter) and has won awards he hasn't (e.g., a BAFTA)
  2. Say he was/is a "dear friend" to various stars of yesteryear …who are almost long dead and can't refute
  3. Takes anecdotes/jokes he's heard other comedians/TV stars say and passes them off as his
Case in point, recently there was some look back at an old comedian on Channel 5 (I think) where someone recounted an amusing anecdote involving a university tour/show they did. Next night, Pedro is on IW passing the same story and punchline off as having happened to him.

I cannot imagine any circumstance or scenario in which Peter Simon's orbit would've ever, ever been near that of Cher. Not even in a presenting capacity - his career peak was in children's tv, and even then he is most famous for being a bit-part in a gameshow fronted by other, actually famous/well-known presenters.

Like, the guy doesn't doesn't even have the name recognition to have been asked to appear in ONE of the endless low-rent "celeb" reality TV show that filled the schedules of non-mainstream channels in the late 2000s, e.g., Celebrity Most Haunted, Celebrity Enema Farm, Celebrity Carboot Sale, etc. Says it all.

Last edited:
And it's one thing meeting them, but he claims he was great friends with them. I've heard him claim that he'd "played Vegas" but that could be the Vegas nite club in Clacton. He wouldn't have been good enough to have played at the the Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club!
I did read he had an audience 'warm up' job

Latest posts

Back