Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

glycolics have been around for many decades and i believe are very good for most skins. but the problem i feel with the beauty product of the month is the amount of essential oils that i think coupled with the glycolics is causing major irritation. one of the things i like about alpha h initially was the glycolic system which imo is far more superior than the psuedo science of the spa brands which rely heavily on smells and rich textures and packaging rather than true results.

but alpha h is losing its way. michelle has said many times no fluff and puff but is going down the same scented oils route. alpha h bases are quite "clean" ie the famous night cream. and liquid gold and thier papaya masks. inovative with superb results and no irritation. slowly but surely the formulations are changing and i dont think its for the better

My mum washed her face with soap and water and used oil of ulay( as it was called then) and has fabulous skin for someone in her late 70s.
She still does the same today.

My mum too, Sharon. She's 90 and has only ever used soap and water and, believe it or not has never used any kind of moisturiser. Says she doesn't like the feeling of "gloop" on her face. And she has lovely, fresh skin with very few wrinkles. She went into a care home last year and when I turned up on her birthday with her dog carrying a helium balloon saying "90" on it, none of the carers would believe she was that old and they all cited her beautiful skin as the reason they thought she was much younger.

I've been shocked by the people posting on FB saying the Alpha H peel has their skin coming off all over their faces. When I looked at their profile pics, some of them can have been no older than early 20s. God knows what damage they're doing themselves. And the worse thing is that Tom is apparently not telling them to stop using it, but to use it less frequently until their skin gets used to it.

Laura Geller Supersize Balance n Brighten 20g
Item Number: 210953
QVC Price £32.52
P&P: £0.00

Laura Geller's Balance-n-Brighten Foundation features colour correcting swirls of multi-coloured liquid pigments that are baked for 24 hours to produce weightless, creamy coverage that self-adjusts to leave skin looking even, flawless and beautifully radiant. In this super-size, you'll be achieve fantastic coverage for even longer.

Contains:

1 x Supersize Balance-n-Brighten Foundation (20g)

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.210953

Many thanks SCW, I've just ordered mine. I think this is the first BPOTM that I've been interested in ordering. It seems areally good deal and I use this every day.

Am I the only person who finds B n B is drying , doesn`t give particularly good coverage and the shades are a bit iffy ? I only ever bought it the once, never again and couldn`t understand what all the fuss was about.

My mum washed her face with soap and water and used oil of ulay( as it was called then) and has fabulous skin for someone in her late 70s.
She still does the same today.
My grandma was 99 when she died and her skin was still beautiful right up to the end. Hardly any wrinkles and a lovely fresh complexion and she only used soap and water and no creams whatsoever. Sadly I haven't inherited her skin but I do wonder if all the lotions and potions we slap on these days do more harm than good.

Am I the only person who finds B n B is drying , doesn`t give particularly good coverage and the shades are a bit iffy ? I only ever bought it the once, never again and couldn`t understand what all the fuss was about.

no, same here
drying, and don't like the finish
i returned mine after one try
i guess i like more of a glowy and semi sheer type
and mainly use bb crwam
i am however interested in finding a really nice 'proper' full flawless face make up
for special occasions, and one that dies't look flat or cakey
willing to spend and use soaringly for the right one
currently planning to get a sample from Harrods for Suqqu
and then save up fir a while if it is what i am hoping for, £60 for not a moderate pot

TI don't like it either, give me liquid & loose powder any day.

I don't like it either. Too drying and flat, and none if the shades suit my skin. The consistency is not as described on air, it is very powdery. I have Bare Minerals original, and Doll10 liquid gel, and Avon Ideal Flawless. Most days I wear no foundation at all and just concealer where needed.

i love B&B. it gives me enough coverage for most everything but on a night a night out i will use a tinted moisturizer or sheer foundation with a dusting of B&B over the top. The only problem with it for me is getting the right mix. Sometimes the medium is too yellow etc. the new formulation has messed up the colours and the fair seems to be dark than before

Ordered 2 of the Laura Geller supersize BPOTM, one fair and one medium thanks for posting

It's now on 3EP, is this unusual for BPOTM? EP and free P&P. Now it will be selling like hot cakes, they must have loads of stock to last all month.

I heard Julia say that B&B is £22, went and checked and yes they've put it under a new item number, guess because the old one gets loads of disappointed people saying 'what's happened to the formula?'

The new one is £22 and has not been on air
http://www.qvcuk.com/Laura-Geller-B....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-4-_-213445

The old one is still £28
http://www.qvcuk.com/Laura-Geller-B...IO_ProdDetail-_-1&relType=IO_DO&refLocation=1

It's now on 3EP, is this unusual for BPOTM? EP and free P&P. Now it will be selling like hot cakes, they must have loads of stock to last all month.

I heard Julia say that B&B is £22, went and checked and yes they've put it under a new item number, guess because the old one gets loads of disappointed people saying 'what's happened to the formula?'

The new one is £22 and has not been on air
http://www.qvcuk.com/Laura-Geller-B....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-4-_-213445

The old one is still £28
http://www.qvcuk.com/Laura-Geller-B...IO_ProdDetail-_-1&relType=IO_DO&refLocation=1

no a few other of the others have had easy pays like the philip kingsley ect

I imagine that the offering of free p&p and also easy pays is dependent on the company putting their own hand in their pocket... it certainly won't be coming out of QVC's cut.

They've recorded a presentation with Amanda as the model... I don't think the application is great as in the long shot she looks like her face needs washing! I think it no longer evens out Amanda's skin tone, which has always been very uneven... not surprising, as our skintone as well as our skin type can change over time.

Last edited:
I hope they sorted the formula in this new supersize but not holding my breath.

This is the first pick of the month I've been interested in too.
I love b&b. I use the porcelain.
I've completely given up on liquid foundations as I've never found one that doesn't make me look tangoed after half an hour, most are too dark to start with anyway. I know there are an odd few brands that do very, very pale ones but I don't live in easy reach of stores that stock those sort of brands. But b&b porcelain never changes colour & neither does BM Fair.

I imagine that the offering of free p&p and also easy pays is dependent on the company putting their own hand in their pocket... it certainly won't be coming out of QVC's cut.

They've recorded a presentation with Amanda as the model... I don't think the application is great as in the long shot she looks like her face needs washing! I think it no longer evens out Amanda's skin tone, which has always been very uneven... not surprising, as our skintone as well as our skin type can change over time.

Since the shades are supposedly forgiving (not any more inmho since changes have been afoot) it would be a useful demo to see Amanda with fair on one half and medium on the other half of her face. Having been a happy medium customer for years until my last purchase, I might try the fair this time and if that's no good then it will be adios I'm afraid.

I haven't tried B n B but I can't get on with BM just can't get good coverage without it looking patchy. Given up on foundation now.

Latest posts

Back