Beauty Tools & Accessories TSV 2/10/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh dear I've succumbed - I hate shaving my legs frind it waste of my time, the cats don't like the smell of cream hair removers, tried the Rio laser but one hair at a time is like sooooooo boring!!!
I have looked at loads info on it and it seems to be if use it right should work. So my reckoning is come summer should be hair free!
Will let you know
Mollymoo - who really can't afford it but what the heck..

I just ordered too ARGH!!

It is on advance orders now so will have a think over the next week!!

I really hope it does get rid of a lot of hair for next summer!!

I really look forward to seeing how those of you who have gone for this TSV will get on with it. I would love to believe it works, and if it does, then £115 (or even the full price of £140) is money well spent. But somehow, I can't beleive the hype. I hope you prove me wrong though!

I really wanted it to work, but sadly it doesn't do the job for me. It's extremely time consuming, and very difficult to use on contoured areas like knees. Then there is the burned stubble, which has to be sanded off. The replacement hot blades & buffers aren't cheap either. I bet they will get 100s of these returned.
The only good thing was that I only paid £70 for mine, it was a total waste of cash, but it could have been so much worse.

I asked my OH about this TSV & he was adamant that it was highly unlikely to work long-term, as without a laser thingy (my words, his was a long, drawn-out technical explanation! lol), to apply enough heat to permanently stop the hair re-growth, it would have to be so hot you'd end up in a burns unit.....which clearly it isn't.....ergo, it won't work!
I decided to take his scepticism seriously & not bother with it but would love to be proved wrong in 8 months time by anybody who does find it a permanent solution! lol

Yep I would have been really excited and would definately have got it.

although I've ordered the nono, I'm still not sure if I need it or if it will work. But I think that its worth the postage to find out!

I have one which I got for half price from Debenhams - £70.

I find it really easy to use, it doesn't hurt and you can't cut yourself. I bought it because I get ingrown hairs quite badly and I've been using it for a few months now and only had 1 ingrown hair which is amazing.

When you use it the burning smell is quite strong but as you feel nothing it's fine. I ten to use it every other day. I do struggle a bit with the bony bits (knees, lower shin and ankle).

What is has been fantastic for is my upper legs, I had never removed hair there before (my hair is very fine) and I was confident enough to No! No! this a few days after I got it and it's barely come back. On the basis of this I would say it would be fantastic for a young girl who has never shaved.

I find that you don't get a really smooth finish like with other forms of hair removal and there have been a few times when I've wanted smoother and I've shaved.

My hair does seem finer than before.

I think if you want something quick and lasting it's not for you, epilate or wax. If you want really smooth, shave. If you have an ingrown problem this definately helps.

Tootsie, I too have PCOS but the demonstrations haven't persuaded me to part with that amount of money. I'll stick to the epilator, razors and tweezers lol.

Tootsie, I too have PCOS but the demonstrations haven't persuaded me to part with that amount of money. I'll stick to the epilator, razors and tweezers lol.

Same here, although I'd love it if Tootsie were to report that the product works! Please report back, Tootsie!!:flower:

Oh dear I've succumbed - I hate shaving my legs frind it waste of my time, the cats don't like the smell of cream hair removers, tried the Rio laser but one hair at a time is like sooooooo boring!!!
I have looked at loads info on it and it seems to be if use it right should work. So my reckoning is come summer should be hair free!
Will let you know
Mollymoo - who really can't afford it but what the heck..

Sounds a bit like our house, our two are the bosses here too!

I was tempted for this reason, but nope... I remained steadfast in FARTy style :talking:

Yes Yes I have my No NO!!
used it twice - so far so good. Very easy to use - have to get a still green light. Did get a smooth leg first time. Can smell burning hair but no wose than the rio laser.
My only concern is the heads and how long they last. I think if I get through more than one in the mbg then it will go back - but if it works may be worth it???
Will keep using and report back - promise!!

Mollymoo
Hoping to be hair free

Yes Yes I have my No NO!!
used it twice - so far so good. Very easy to use - have to get a still green light. Did get a smooth leg first time. Can smell burning hair but no wose than the rio laser.
My only concern is the heads and how long they last. I think if I get through more than one in the mbg then it will go back - but if it works may be worth it???
Will keep using and report back - promise!!

Mollymoo
Hoping to be hair free

I've been using the same heads for a few months now and they are still good.

That's good to know Flo - is it working for you?
The only thing I was wondering is how long is long hair? My OH wants his back doing will I have to clip it first - what a question!!
Mollymoo

Well it's certainly finer although I have cheated and shaved a few times for a smoother leg. I did my OH's back and just used the long hair head. I think the longer the hair the greater the burning smell but you don't need to pre trim.

Well I decided that I should cancel my order. I did really want it but thought that it would probably end up just sitting on the side!! Plus I really want the clarisonic too and I would I think rather have that!!

Oh I hope I don't end up regretting it!!

Latest posts

Back