Best eye cream?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cazimag

Registered Shopper
I have looked at a few on the QVC website but can't decide. I am looking for a light gel-cream for first lines and not too rich. I have never found one I like as I either end up with puffiness from the cream or it stings my eyes! I have sensitive combination skin.

Any suggestions?? Any favourites??

I use pro-collagen marine cream as an eye cream and it has this texture. Personally I think the best is philosophy hope in a tube.

You sound like you have quite similar skin/ sensitivity issues as me.

Gel-cream tectured eye products I've tried and liked (not all QVC brands) include:

Clinique all about eyes (prefer if it was in a tube or pump than pot though)
Comfort zone eye gream gel - completely unscented and no sensitivity issues at all with that one (from salonskincare.co.uk)
A'kin cornflower and white tea eye gel (from mypure - not sure if stocked on QVC at the moment)

I'm curently using and liking the A'kin - though if I had to choose and money was no object I'd go with the Comfort Zone. When I've run out the A'kin I'll probably go back to that.

I totally agree with the either stinging or making your eyes weep/cryu/irritated.
I have tried the Molton Brown, but found the eye rescue a real "Oh my eyes need rescuing". The philosophy I found ok, but also wondered if it was doing anything for my eyes. I actually quiet liked the Alpha H eye cream, and found it made a slight difference to my puffyness. Do not like the Liz Earle one, akthough I like most of her other things it also made my eyes very irritated. The best one I use is the Decleor Hydrotenseur. But I also vote for me as the Decleor Vitaroma as the worst eye cream of all time: itching, drying and making me cry.

I have looked at a few on the QVC website but can't decide. I am looking for a light gel-cream for first lines and not too rich. I have never found one I like as I either end up with puffiness from the cream or it stings my eyes! I have sensitive combination skin.

Any suggestions?? Any favourites??

You may want to give the A'kin Cornflower gel a miss then as that made my eyes very itchy recently (that said my skin does to be overly sensitive at the moment). I'm fine with their eye cream though.

The Liz Earle Lip & Eye treatment is light - I've only had a sample of it so not sure how it works in the long term but the texture was nice.

Green People do an eye gel - I haven't tried that but their eye cream is nice and light yet hydrating. I think they are both around the £7.50 mark.

I have awful eyes, not too many lines as yet but terrible hereditary eye bags, slightly wrinkled eyelids, some hooding etc.
My eyes are also incredibly sensitive & there are very few products I can put anywhere near them!
I was previously using Gatineau Melatogenine Futur Plus Eye Cream, which gave some results but recently changed to L.E.'s Superskin Lip & Eye Treatment & have been very pleased with the results!

I look quite a few years younger now (I think!) as the LE has improved the look & texture of my eyelids & under eye area considerably & I shall keep on with this now as the difference is obvious to anyone I think!
(Oddly though, I can't use the standard LE Eye Repair at all, as it really irritates!)

Both products last for ages & you only need the minutest amounts, morning & night & the LE was giving noticeable results within a couple of weeks I would say, although the first few times I used it, it seemed to make my under eye area even puffier initially, as it sort of 'filled out' the baggy bits, though not in an irritating reaction kind of way!

I probably wouldn't try anything further now, as I think the LE is the closest I've come to the 'ideal' & I definitely think it's worth the money! :)

Everyone is different, but I would highly recommend the LE lip & eye treatment. I do not have any issues in the eye area, but it still appears plumper and smoother. It may be a 15ml pump, but it will last for a couple of months and, if you cut it open once the pump stops working, you can get another week's use out of it.

Last edited:
i really like gale haymen eye lift, thats really light and cooling and doesnt sting/itch at all i can imagen that would really help with any puffiness, im also useing elemis absolute eye serum which is quite light, not been ueing it long so havent seen alot of results just that the skin is nice and moisturied

Thanks for all the suggestions! :mysmilie_696:

I have looked at the A'Kin and Comfort Zone and am tempted DrJude but am concerned by cupcake's comments about sensitivity. With my eyes, if there is a chance of reaction, they will!

I hadn't thought of Decleor, athena89. The last serum I used was a Liz Earle Smoothing Line serum and it felt a little tacky or not quite dry around my eye which caused my eyes to smart. This has been the problem in finding an eye cream /gel for me.

Thanks cupcake, KWC and Watersiren for the Liz Earle recommendation. I use the normal LE skin care line and haven't tried the Superskin range.

OTR, the Elemis sounds nice. read the reviews and people seem to like it.

I may try the new Liz Earle Superskin one as the QVC 30 day return will allow me to try it out first. If I react it can go back.

Before I order any more suggestions? :mysmilie_17:

No worries. I've not had any sensitivity issue with the A'kin - but we all react differently. I did receive a sample of the LE eye and lip with a purchase from their web-site and quite liked it. Nice light texture.

I'm 30, fair skinned, combination/oily skin, dark circles under my eyes, crinkle lines round my eyes when I smile. I have hayfever and wear contact lenses and my eyes can be sensitive also.

I've been using Decleor Expression De L'age Eye cream which is excellent. I can really see a difference in the lines that were starting to form, it dries fast and feels very nice on the skin.

I also like the Liz Earle Superskin Lip and Eye cream, her normal eye products don't seem to work on me though.

great thread as i have the same problem and i have been looking for creams and make up removers that dont sting or make my eyes puff up.

Has anyone tried the Judith williams products? i just bought her face cream and i was very tempted by her eye stuff as the review was good.
i recently bought a kenzoki relaxing eye cream but while it doesnt sting or irritate my eyes i dont think it is hydrating enough and it def. isnt lifting

I forgot tosay yesterday that the Korres eye creams are lovely - you get a huge tube as well which lasts for ages. I particularly like the Evenign Primrose one in the dark blue tube, and the Eyebright Firming one in a purple tube.

I've tried many many eye creams, not for my eyes (they're ok) but I have terrible deep lines round my lips (and I'm not a smoker). I stumbled across creme de la mer range in a department store and got a couple of samples. Wasn't really that impressed with the price and the range BUT, and its a huge BUT, their eye cream is fantastic. Has worked miracles on my lips - honestly. A small 15ml tub is £123 - I nearly passed out when I first went to buy it - but it lasts about 6 months - you only need a tiny tiny amount. Having used it for nearly a year now my lipstick doesn't bleed anymore cause the lines are now not deep enough for it to bleed into. A lotta dosh but worth it. The rest of the range didn't really do it for me but this is a tub of miracle cream.

Thanks for the replies, ladies!

Mibbette, you sound similar to me so I will visit the local Decleor counter to ask for a sample, thank you!

borednow, I have tried the Judith Williams try me and reacted quite strongly to it especially my eyes. It looked as if I had been crying for hours! We all react differently to these products don't we?

Clare, is the Elemis one perfumed? I find the perfume in the PCM creal too strong but liked the texture very much.

Scruff, I have always wondered what the Creme de la Mer products are like!The price is very steep but if it works for you I can see that it is an investment. If it lasts a long time too that helps!

I have now been given a sample of Estee Lauder Time Zone and so far I haven't reacted so I will see how that goes. I also intend to try the Liz Earle superskin from QVC.

Thanks for comments! It helps to make that decision! :mysmilie_696:

Thanks for the replies, ladies!

Mibbette, you sound similar to me so I will visit the local Decleor counter to ask for a sample, thank you!

borednow, I have tried the Judith Williams try me and reacted quite strongly to it especially my eyes. It looked as if I had been crying for hours! We all react differently to these products don't we?

Clare, is the Elemis one perfumed? I find the perfume in the PCM creal too strong but liked the texture very much.

Scruff, I have always wondered what the Creme de la Mer products are like!The price is very steep but if it works for you I can see that it is an investment. If it lasts a long time too that helps!

I have now been given a sample of Estee Lauder Time Zone and so far I haven't reacted so I will see how that goes. I also intend to try the Liz Earle superskin from QVC.

Thanks for comments! It helps to make that decision! :mysmilie_696:

my judith williams face cream (purple set: day and night cream and serum) arrived today and the first time i put it on it felt strange. tried again tonight without the serum and that felt great. so i dont know if its the serum tht feels funny or if its just an initial reaction.

i got a free sample kit from estee lauder too, i agree that the time zone day cream felt fine and the serum didnt irritate my eyes either. I got it as i bought the night cream which is very thick but i havent tried it near my eyes as yet

My Pure are stocking a new natural skin care range from NZ called Natural Being. They are giving away a free eye cream (manuka honey) with orders or £17 or more. It looks nice and I am keen to try it.

Latest posts

Back