Bit fed up with...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I posted on the other thread that if you're going to criticise someone, please do it poliltely, but got slated in return so am hoping this thread is a little more civilised! Milly your post makes sense...

Re the old auctions depending on how many are bidding - yes they did, but the auctioneer could also close early if they chose - sometimes they hung on for ages, other times they closed very quickly and I missed a couple of things for that reason - as a case in point, also re requests and feeling you have to have them - I requested something and Barry let the bidding go up to £24, so I felt I had to have it, having asked for it. But the next night, Carol closed the same item very quickly at £8 - it was worth far more than that and I felt she wasn't properly considering the final price. Maybe it was a one-off error of judgement on her part, but I was well gutted...

The presenter's style makes no difference to me whatsoever - they say if you like the salesperson you'll buy the product - not me, I just go for the lowest price!

In Carol's defence, it's very easy to get on the wrong side of people - I teach adults, and sometimes a throwaway remark will be taken seriously by someone and they'll take offence, but I know I only meant it in fun - I have a dry sense of humour that people don't always appreciate - I never mean to upset anyone and I'm sure Carol doesn't either.

I have the sound down for 90% of the time anyway - only turnit up for things I'm really interested in, or if the Chat suggests something exciting's going on!

Jacky, you should have bought it at £8 as well and returned the £24 one.

I always put my foot in it as well through people not understanding my SOH so I know that feeling WELL lol :1:

I could have, LD, but I was new to it at the time, and it happened so quickly I didn't realise it had closed until it did, IYSWIM...

awww thats a pig, well at least you know for next time. You can return anything within 30 days so if you see anything else at such a knockdown price buy it and return the dear one. :1:

Latest posts

Back