Bit of a bargain

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Toril

Registered Shopper
I had the gardening show on in the background and saw the mistral anemones being presented. I thought about getting them but they sold out. There were 10 corms for £9.99 and £3.95 P&P.

I thought I’d have a look at his website and have just ordered 15 corms of the mistral anemones for £4.99. 😳 Even with £4.99 P&P they work out cheaper, although if I’d ordered anything else the P&P would still have been capped at £4.99. I’ve dealt direct from Richard’s site before and their CS is ”on the ball“ so, for me, this was a good solution.

So much for QVC’s buying power. 😉

I had the gardening show on in the background and saw the mistral anemones being presented. I thought about getting them but they sold out. There were 10 corms for £9.99 and £3.95 P&P.

I thought I’d have a look at his website and have just ordered 15 corms of the mistral anemones for £4.99. 😳 Even with £4.99 P&P they work out cheaper, although if I’d ordered anything else the P&P would still have been capped at £4.99. I’ve dealt direct from Richard’s site before and their CS is ”on the ball“ so, for me, this was a good solution.

Hmmm… you do need to know your prices these days, they are no longer the value option they used to be. Glad you got a lovely bargain!

Wasn‘t there a donation of £1.50 from every QVC purchase going to Re-Leaf charity today.

RJs website often has bargains that are twice the price on QVC, as does P2G. I really hope the price was not put up to cover the cost of donations which would leave a horrible taste in my mouth as the charity is a children's hospice. £1 or £1.50 is poor anyway. Why not have a few items with free postage where ALL the sales go to the charity. They'd sell far more.

CC

RJs website often has bargains that are twice the price on QVC, as does P2G. I really hope the price was not put up to cover the cost of donations which would leave a horrible taste in my mouth as the charity is a children's hospice. £1 or £1.50 is poor anyway. Why not have a few items with free postage where ALL the sales go to the charity. They'd sell far more.

CC
That’s why I was so surprised to find 15 corms on his site for £4.99, as opposed to 10 of the same anemone for £9.99 on QVC, as his site is usually more expensive. They do occasionally have bargains on there though and I think this was one of them. Hopefully they’ll all grow well. 🤞

I agree about the P&P. If QVC had donated the P&P on every item in the gardening shows today then they’d have raised a lot more for the charity.

I had bulbs from RJ's site and also the everlast primroses which are all still flowering. I also bought a few things last year that were on sale, tools and bird things etc. I had a whole box of items for under £30 which was a good deal. It's worth snooping around on there from time to time.

CC

Lidl Have 10 Anemonies £1.29. Just bought them. Love their plants and they get excellent varieties.
sorry 25 bulbs
Wow 😲 and I told hubby to look out for a pack of ten 😉😂
Well two large packs of Dahlias arrived back from his trip to Lidl
As apparently there were baskets labelled £1. & something but no Anemones to be seen in them.
So instructed to bring some bulbs, he brought two big bags of £5. & something Dahlias instead. 🙂

I used to love getting the odd bedding plant (for outside planters) in Lidl but they don’t stock them here any more. They’re in the weekly leaflets so I always look in the bit near the door where they used to be (where the cut flowers and pot plants still are) but they stopped a year or so ago. I suspect it's because loads got wasted as the staff here never watered them. If you didn’t go in on day 1 or 2, they just had a few withered or half dead flowers. Heartbreaking! I should have offered to pop in and water them for nothing myself! I’m not a gardener, by the way - hate it but love to have a few planters around.

I used to love getting the odd bedding plant (for outside planters) in Lidl but they don’t stock them here any more. They’re in the weekly leaflets so I always look in the bit near the door where they used to be (where the cut flowers and pot plants still are) but they stopped a year or so ago. I suspect it's because loads got wasted as the staff here never watered them. If you didn’t go in on day 1 or 2, they just had a few withered or half dead flowers. Heartbreaking! I should have offered to pop in and water them for nothing myself! I’m not a gardener, by the way - hate it but love to have a few planters around.
Sadly I think that’s a problem at most supermarkets and B&Q that I’ve seen plus they can be on trolley shelves that don’t get any daylight.

This week my local Lidl had Camelias for £9.99 stacked with buds in two tone pink and white. Huge would cost at least £30.00 in a posh Garden centre. They have some Dianthus that would cost around £6-00 a pot in the right kind of shop for £1.79 also full of puds. they also had summer bulbs/corms/rizomes loads of the in a large container £2.00 a bag

Latest posts

Back