Bose TSV 25/10/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've been trying to download a manual for a popularBose item that I've lost the manual.

The Bose website was one of the worst I've used, and I couldn't find one to download. So I will phone them tomorrow and see if I can get more sense from a human.

I'm all Bosed out.

I already have one of these, and quite often when I want to hear a particular programme at a specific time, it won't come on, it says "please wait" so presumably it is doing a software update.

It does sound good though, but mine doesn't have Bluetooth unfortunately. It had Apple Play instead, but this was totally unreliable. Bose told me that Apple kept updating its software for Apple Play, and Bose could never keep up.

I have at least 12 Bose items, and they all sound good, but they are all VERY expensive compared with other makes. Some sound remarkable for their size, such as the Bose Mini.

Attachments

• Bose TSV 1.jpg
    Bose TSV 1.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Bose TSV 2.jpg
    Bose TSV 2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 118
  • Bose TSV 3.jpg
    Bose TSV 3.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 98
  • Bose TSV 4.jpg
    Bose TSV 4.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 105
  • Bose TSV 5.jpg
    Bose TSV 5.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 108
I notice that tomorrows TSV is a Bose system, can anyone advise me, is it worth the money, are there any alternatives out there that are just as good but better priced TIA

Bose SoundTouch Wave Music System IV with DAB/ FM Radio CD Player & Bluetooth
Item Number: 519905
QVC Price £599.00
Todays Special Value Price £464.88
P&P £0.00

The Bose SoundTouch Wave Music System IV lets you easily enjoy all your music from one place, featuring a CD player, DAB/FM radio tuner and a SoundTouch Pedestal to stream your favourite music wirelessly. Enjoy the rich, room-filling sound you would expect from Bose, with this sleek music system that will fit perfectly in any room of your home.

High-performance sound - the system features the legendary performance of the award-winning Bose waveguide speaker technology, which delivers the deep, rich sound you would expect from a much larger stereo. A high-powered woofer enhances the bass, plus two precisely positioned drivers tackle the mid/high range notes which also help deliver a great rich, powerful sound.

Make your system smarter - simply connect your Wave system IV to the SoundTouch Pedestal, plug it in to a power source and start listening. You can stream all your favourite music from your home Wi-Fi connection or listen directly from a phone or tablet using a Bluetooth connection, or Apple AirPlay 2, and then use the SoundTouch app to easily control your music - it’s that simple!

Fast, simple control of all your music - experience your favourite music from your speaker with the SoundTouch app. It lets you take total control of your listening experience, right from your smartphone or tablet. Browse popular music services like Spotify and Deezer, internet radio stations through TuneIn, or your stored music library.

Elegant simplicity - the system sets up easily in minutes, while the app helps walk you through the steps. MP3s can be listened to via Bluetooth or the AUX cable from your device, CDs load directly into the front, and your streaming music sources and DAB/FM stations are available with the six pre-set buttons that can be personalised for one-touch access. A slim infrared remote control lets you operate all system functions from anywhere in the room, and the convenient touch-top controls for on/off/snooze are barely noticeable.

Intuitive audio - Bose technologies automatically perform many of the adjustments needed for high-performance audio, so you can enjoy the performance of a large, multi-component stereo without a row of controls. The large, easy-to-read display shows the music source, time and more. And the dual alarms are great for working couples who have to wake up at different times. If you like to snooze in the morning, just tap the top of your system to buy some extra time.

Built for multi-room audio - this system will work together with other Bose SoundTouch systems to create a multi-room listening experience, so you can play the same music throughout your home or listen to different music in different rooms, even outdoors.

What's in the box?

• Bose Wave SoundTouch Music System IV
  • SoundTouch Pedestal
  • Remote control (includes batteries)
  • Power cable
  • USB cable
  • Instruction CD

Colour options:

• Arctic White
  • Espresso Black
  • Platinum Silver

So tempted to treat myself - Christmas present to myself of course.

Strato. Is this any good? Is it worth the money? I had a fabulous Beocentre 2000 which has sadly given up and I can't find anyone to repair it so would this be as good? I thought I'd watch the demo but it's hairdryers at the moment :rolleyes:
CC

It does sound good, but the only control on it is on/off. For everything else you HAVE to use the remote control, so if you lose it or don't have a spare battery if it goes flat, then that's it.

And don't forget the SoundTouch module only works with a good internet and wi-fi connection.

Mine is the previous model to this, and doesn't have Bluetooth.

It is my most-used radio, but I use other equipment for CDs and Bluetooth.

To be honest, I use my Alexa 2nd Gen for a lot of radio as I just have to tell it what programme I want, instead of faffing around with the remote, and there are not enough presets on the Bose for all your favourites.

PS you don't really need the SoundTouch version if you don't want to listen to internet radio from around the world, it is an optional extra (but not optional in the TSV).

Off now to see the presentation, hope it is not Lee.

Last edited:
It does sound good, but the only control on it is on/off. For everything else you HAVE to use the remote control, so if you lose it or don't have a spare battery if it goes flat, then that's it.

And don't forget the SoundTouch module only works with a good internet and wi-fi connection.

Mine is the previous model to this, and doesn't have Bluetooth.

It is my most-used radio, but I use other equipment for CDs and Bluetooth.

To be honest, I use my Alexa 2nd Gen for a lot of radio as I just have to tell it what programme I want, instead of faffing around with the remote, and there are not enough presets on the Bose for all your favourites.

Off now to see the presentation, hope it is not Lee.
It's 9-30 pm now, thought the preview would be on, but it's all xmas tat :(

Thanks Strato. Hmm, it's a lot of money and you can be sure that I will lose the remote/dog will eat it/batteries will leak or something. I'll have a nose tomorrow. I think there was about 10 mins of preview after the hairdryers. I guess Q know where their priorities lie!

CC

I never directly recommend anything (unless it is useless and I DON'T recommend it) but point out the pros and cons.

But as it has free PP, and Q will probably collect it for free too (CHECK FIRST) there is nothing to lose by trying it for a couple of months to see if you think it is worth the money.

BTW if there is a chance I will be returning something, then as I unbox it I make copious notes of how it all fits in the box and the sequence of unpacking, to make it easier to return.

Last edited:
I eventually saw the demo, not much detail, and he implied that the CD goes into the bottom part, which is wrong.

Also, the top part does not have Bluetooth, that is in the bottom part.

I found this out as they were selling a Bluetooth receiver in the same show to plug into the Bose Wave, if you didn't have the bottom unit.

It sounds a bit complicated lol. I've still got an old Philips mini hifi that takes CDs, cassettes and has a radio :LOL::LOL: I mean, what else do I need. My nephew wanted to take it to Antiques Roadshow a few years ago :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

CC

Latest posts

Back