Boycott QVC today

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They are very expensive on repairs so I have been told.

Yes, they are. The dealership sold it to me with an extended service / warranty contract, though. So I get pretty much what I'd get if I'd bought it new. I only do weekend journeys and the odd little trip here or there so I'm sure it will be fine. The cleaning products from QVC are excellent.

Julius - have I got you mixed up with someone else, but I seem to remember that years ago you were either in the army or intending to join?

That was me. My army career didn't take of at all, for medical reasons. Also I didn't like the culture of it. Alas I have now found a career path that I like.

I don't watch Dennis Basso shows because I object to his use of real fur. However, I switched the TV on just now whilst having a late lunch and he was on. Tova was around and referred to him as the best furrier in the world! Probably a little indiscreet since QVC UK seems to gloss over the real fur side of his business. To a is now on on her show and started to show something about Dennis B and JR stopped her saying this hour was about Tova.....hmm. Denis also said 'think of me over the holiday season when you feel warm'. No - I will think of all the animals that should be keeping warm in their own fur coats.

I don't watch Dennis Basso shows because I object to his use of real fur. However, I switched the TV on just now whilst having a late lunch and he was on. Tova was around and referred to him as the best furrier in the world! Probably a little indiscreet since QVC UK seems to gloss over the real fur side of his business. To a is now on on her show and started to show something about Dennis B and JR stopped her saying this hour was about Tova.....hmm. Denis also said 'think of me over the holiday season when you feel warm'. No - I will think of all the animals that should be keeping warm in their own fur coats.

I don't think the animals have any worries anymore. Their humble spirits are sadly departed from this world, but one does wonder about the way he treats them, and what the precise circumstances are in the time preceding their demise. He's not likely to extend them much kindness. Their pelts equal dollar bills to him. He was on late last night with Debbie Flint and his voice was even more growly than ever. He said: "I love Tova. She has many of my things!"

They are very expensive on repairs so I have been told.

It might be the smallest in the range but it is very expensive and quite desirable if you are into that size of car so yes it is boasting just in the same way as saying you have an iPhone whereas those using a basic mobile don't talk about their 10.99 Doro they just say my mobile.

Maybe Tova needs to been boycotted too seeing as she has so many DB things and I bet they're not faux fur

Tainted money exchanges hands!

Well I certainly will anyway.

I am disgusted that they are devoting a TSV to that odious butcher Basso.

I wonder how many people buy, not knowing what he does?

It's been said so often I know, but it just makes me so angy.

WAKE UP QVC AND STOP DEALING WITH THIS REVOLTING MURDERER.:58::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The point is not only do they know what kind of 'animal murderer (My opinion), he is they illude to it in the shows, saying that he has all these 'fabulous' shops and designs haute cature. Some of them even use the word 'fur'. But like with anything in life, he will pay his money, for his air time and thus able to 'flog his goods'. Tis wrong, but if people are buying than the circle will continue!

If you boycotted QVC for all the harm they do to animals their shelves would be empty, the majority of their skin care is tested on animals, and for those who say their product isn't, the ingredients are, their "designers" like Bob Mackie use fur, so if you're looking for an ethical company, QVC isn't it. Every time I channel hop and catch that vile voice of vile Basso, I'm content in the fact I closed my QVC account over two years ago and will never, ever go back.

Cannot bear this man!! Turn over everytime he comes on!! :mysmilie_51:

He must be hugely popular, though - otherwise QVC wouldn't feature him or his products. The viewing public like buying his products in the knowledge that they are affordable and are not made from dead animals. It's arguably the fanatical who campaign for total boycotts. It's like refusing to buy a vegetarian dish from a restaurant that also happens to sell meat dishes. I would hardly imagine Basso personally bludgeons each mink to death with a rolling pin whilst he sports an ear-to-ear grin as the cold moonlight streams in behind him. More likely the animals are put into some gas chamber and gassed / suffocated. I'm not saying that this is a nice thing to do - because it is not. Indeed it happened to thousands of people during WWII - but aren't humans higher up the chain than animals? We know it's wrong to gas humans, but animals - why not? Their coats make luxurious products that are long lasting and people appreciate. On the other hand, some of the faux furs are just as convincing and arguably less cruel. Perhaps you should all NOT boycott QVC or Basso and all rush out and buy his faux furs, then he might concentrate on that area of his business and no longer see the need to snuff out the lives of animals in the way one might extinguish the flame of a Yankee candle.

Last edited:
He must be hugely popular, though - otherwise QVC wouldn't feature him or his products. The viewing public like buying his products in the knowledge that they are affordable and are not made from dead animals. It's arguably the fanatical who campaign for total boycotts. It's like refusing to buy a vegetarian dish from a restaurant that also happens to sell meat dishes. I would hardly imagine Basso personally bludgeons each mink to death with a rolling pin whilst he sports an ear-to-ear grin as the cold moonlight streams in behind him. More likely the animals are put into some gas chamber and gassed / suffocated. I'm not saying that this is a nice thing to do - because it is not. Indeed it happened to thousands of people during WWII - but aren't humans higher up the chain than animals? We know it's wrong to gas humans, but animals - why not? Their coats make luxurious products that are long lasting and people appreciate. On the other hand, some of the faux furs are just as convincing and arguably less cruel. Perhaps you should all NOT boycott QVC or Basso and all rush out and buy his faux furs, then he might concentrate on that area of his business and no longer see the need to snuff out the lives of animals in the way one might extinguish the flame of a Yankee candle.

I'm going to have to stop reading posts regarding this matter from you, because I'm not going to lie, they really irritate and annoy me! You can't compare WW2 with gassing of animals today! Did we not learn nothing from fifty years ago?! But can't you understand that two wrongs don't make a right, and it is physically possible to care about more than one atrocity at once you know?! It doesn't have to be one or another, but the last thing I'm going to say to you about this is, humans aren't the better animal you know, far far from it, some humans are nasty, vile, barbaric, cruel, evil, WW2 for example, believe it or not animals kill for one thing and one thing only, for food! A badger won't kill a fox to wear it's fur. When an animal cuts, it bleeds so do we, the blood is red so is ours, they feel pain so do we, they feel fear so do we, they only kill for food so do............oh wait!

I'm going to have to stop reading posts regarding this matter from you, because I'm not going to lie, they really irritate and annoy me! You can't compare WW2 with gassing of animals today! Did we not learn nothing from fifty years ago?! But can't you understand that two wrongs don't make a right, and it is physically possible to care about more than one atrocity at once you know?! It doesn't have to be one or another, but the last thing I'm going to say to you about this is, humans aren't the better animal you know, far far from it, some humans are nasty, vile, barbaric, cruel, evil, WW2 for example, believe it or not animals kill for one thing and one thing only, for food! A badger won't kill a fox to wear it's fur. When an animal cuts, it bleeds so do we, the blood is red so is ours, they feel pain so do we, they feel fear so do we, they only kill for food so do............oh wait!

I understand and agree with much of what you say, Shopper, but I don't think everything is perfect in the natural world. Foxes don't just kill for food, they destroy loads of chickens and leave their carcasses discarded all over the coup. I just don't think it's right to boycott QVC just because it is connected with someone who is involved in a certain business. What about the products in your local supermarket? Do you seriously believe that they are all sourced ethically? Are Asda / Waitrose / Aldi / Lidl / Morrisons etc paragons of virtue? Some of their products are sourced in the most appalling ways but it doesn't stop people shopping there. It's up to individuals as to what they want to buy. Clearly Basso and his products ARE very popular and the whingeing of a few people on a forum isn't going to change that. It seems strange to advocate boycotting QVC, like QVC is / should be a paragon of virtue. It is not - it's a commercial / capitalist organisation that has taken the business decision to sell Basso's faux furs to wear with their faux eek rings! Of course animals have feelings, but Basso doesn't bludgeon them personally, leaving each critter to suffer an agonising death, they are likely killed in a virtually painless manner. I personally find Basso repulsive, yet also amusing, like a pantomime villain. I don't buy any of his products - real or faux, nor would I, but I don't see the point in trying to encourage people to boycott anything and everything he is associated with. You go into any shop / store and most likely it will sell things you like and things you don't.

Last edited:
I understand and agree with much of what you say, Shopper, but I don't think everything is perfect in the natural world. Foxes don't just kill for food, they destroy loads of chickens and leave their carcasses discarded all over the coup. I just don't think it's right to boycott QVC just because it is connected with someone who is involved in a certain business. What about the products in your local supermarket? Do you seriously believe that they are all sourced ethically? Are Asda / Waitrose / Aldi / Lidl / Morrisons etc paragons of virtue? Some of their products are sourced in the most appalling ways but it doesn't stop people shopping there. It's up to individuals as to what they want to buy. Clearly Basso and his products ARE very popular and the whingeing of a few people on a forum isn't going to change that. It seems strange to advocate boycotting QVC, like QVC is / should be a paragon of virtue. It is not - it's a commercial / capitalist organisation that has taken the business decision to sell Basso's faux furs to wear with their faux eek rings! Of course animals have feelings, but Basso doesn't bludgeon them personally, leaving each critter to suffer an agonising death, they are likely killed in a virtually painless manner. I personally find Basso repulsive, yet also amusing, like a pantomime villain. I don't buy any of his products - real or faux, nor would I, but I don't see the point in trying to encourage people to boycott anything and everything he is associated with. You go into any shop / store and most likely it will sell things you like and things you don't.

Do us a favour, Google "fur trade" and if you can sit through the you tube videos, if what these animals go through and if you don't shed a tear or it doesn't haunt you for days, then I take my hat off to you. We've had this conversation before, a fox does what comes naturally, it's the owner of the chickens fault if they don't protect those chickens properly. And for the record yes most are bludgeoned and skinned alive, why waste time and money by doing it humanely? They're not exactly at Butlins or the Maldives living it up while waiting their fate. Why doesn't Basso ever say on live telly "I deal in real fur, that's my main job" why if there's nothing to hide? Why are QVC not informing people of his background live on air? Could it be they're embarrassed and know people will be appalled? anyway I'm done with this topic on here now.

Latest posts

Back