QVC in general.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In general, I don't know why I shop at QVC. Although I rarely do nowadays, I mainly watch, and mostly it's so I can join in the hilarity on this forum. If I was looking to buy something specific then Q would be on the bottom of my list, if at all for places to look. Things I've bought from Q have pretty much all been impulse buys. Since I've been more careful, my latest buys have all been great, the Kochblume cloths, the M.Asam foundation and of course my usb adjustable fan, which funnily enough got broken today and I'm furious! Oh's mate often visits with his (annoying) dog. I love dogs, but this one is annoying as he's not be trained properly and is spoiled rotten. I found out that the ****** thing was being allowed to lay on our new sofa when I wasn't home, the dog hair was a big clue and when I noticed that he'd pulled a couple of threads in the fabric, I was livid..but instead of saying no the bliddy thing, he now puts a blanket on the seat! Today when I got back from work Oh had to admit that the dog had jumped up, caught the fan as it was on charge and managed to bugger up the usb connection on the fan, so has rendered it useless! I asked whether his mate offered to replace it...no,of course he didn't. To be fair if he had, and I'd have been there I'd have refused his money but I would've liked to have seen or heard about some kind of apology. Oh has ordered me another one but not Q as they don't sell it any more, it looks the same, hope it's as good! Sorry got a bit sidetracked there didn't I?!

In general, I don't know why I shop at QVC. Although I rarely do nowadays, I mainly watch, and mostly it's so I can join in the hilarity on this forum. If I was looking to buy something specific then Q would be on the bottom of my list, if at all for places to look. Things I've bought from Q have pretty much all been impulse buys. Since I've been more careful, my latest buys have all been great, the Kochblume cloths, the M.Asam foundation and of course my usb adjustable fan, which funnily enough got broken today and I'm furious! Oh's mate often visits with his (annoying) dog. I love dogs, but this one is annoying as he's not be trained properly and is spoiled rotten. I found out that the ****** thing was being allowed to lay on our new sofa when I wasn't home, the dog hair was a big clue and when I noticed that he'd pulled a couple of threads in the fabric, I was livid..but instead of saying no the bliddy thing, he now puts a blanket on the seat! Today when I got back from work Oh had to admit that the dog had jumped up, caught the fan as it was on charge and managed to bugger up the usb connection on the fan, so has rendered it useless! I asked whether his mate offered to replace it...no,of course he didn't. To be fair if he had, and I'd have been there I'd have refused his money but I would've liked to have seen or heard about some kind of apology. Oh has ordered me another one but not Q as they don't sell it any more, it looks the same, hope it's as good! Sorry got a bit sidetracked there didn't I?!
He sounds exceptionally selfish, as seen by the fact that he's spoiled, not trained, his dog. You have every right to get side tracked, I'd side track this individual, friend of OH or not.

Watching and buying - I did buy the Kochblume cloths which are brilliant and very occasionally buy something if I can't see it cheaper elsewhere. But like so many have already said, I watch very little but never a whole hour because of this forum and I also don't buy because of this forum! Even if wasn't for this forum, the presenters would do that job for me.

I saw a few minutes the other day and didn't realise it was her,she speaks so different.
I wonder if they are bothered by how not themselves they become? I suppose they weren't satisfied with their physical attributes before. Ultimately they are the ones having to live with the changes 24/7, so if they and their loved ones are happy with the changes that's what really matters.

Like many others on here, I probably would have a mental breakdown if I calculated how much I spent 10 or 15 years ago on qvc. A small fortune on Crafting 'stuff', enough gold/silver jewellery to last 2 lifetimes, and fashion and handbags bought with gay (can I use that word ?) abandon.

We cannot be the only ones who have massively reduced their spending habits, and QVC must notice this if they have data analysis on our shopping choices. A decade plus ago online shopping wasn't as prevalent as it is now, but QVC haven't moved with the times, and I think eventually will go the way of QVC France.

Flicking over to Eek clearance show - has K Pulliger had further work done to her teeth. Even Mr L commented she looks different.
I thought she looked better than usual, but I put it down to makeup and lighting. Could easily be more work done on her teeth. She doesn't have a pretty mouth especially when she wears red lipstick but again, any improvements around the mouth could all be due to extensive dental work

If you want to have a good chuckle go to QVC trustpilot the reviews are scathing,particularly from long term customers.
Customer service,refunds,not accepting customers have returned items,when proof of said item being returned has been sent.
One lady has gone the whole hog launching a tirade against QVC and its presenters,pointing out they are more interested in becoming a minor celebrity,and pushing their lifestyle and books,than concentrating on the products they are trying to sell.
I’m not a technical person so don’t know how to upload said comment.
Highly amusing reading and nearly everything, everyone here may or many not think is wrong with QVC and it’s awful presenters 😂 😂 😂

This is probably it.........

Nearly every comment is 1* , had a good laugh reading the complaints. Even Ruth Langsford got a mention on her rubbish T shirts.

If you want to have a good chuckle go to QVC trustpilot the reviews are scathing,particularly from long term customers.
Customer service,refunds,not accepting customers have returned items,when proof of said item being returned has been sent.
One lady has gone the whole hog launching a tirade against QVC and its presenters,pointing out they are more interested in becoming a minor celebrity,and pushing their lifestyle and books,than concentrating on the products they are trying to sell.
Highly amusing reading and nearly everything, everyone here may or many not think is wrong with QVC and it’s awful presenters 😂 😂 😂
These ones??

Attachments

• 5963FEA9-3727-420A-BD23-3013151EAD5F.jpeg
    5963FEA9-3727-420A-BD23-3013151EAD5F.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 168
  • E175128D-6F1C-469F-9C26-440E94363F00.jpeg
    E175128D-6F1C-469F-9C26-440E94363F00.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 177
I am way more selective than I used to be and as I have mentioned before, everything I buy I think about carefully and weigh up the costs of delivery and return.
TBH I only buy because of the 60 day back policy. If I'm not sure I will really test out a product for the full period and back it goes if I don't like it via my Hermes guy who picks up from my doorstep (I text him). If I am not going to trial then they go back as a cancellation and I get my original p and p back (the times I have had to remind them, even after I have emailed in advance about distant selling...)
My recent purchase was the Amanda H candles (contemplating cancelling as on advanced order) and this week I ordered the cooling towels - a purchase on a whim - but might be useful for my dog. Again I will trial.
The best thing QVC is for: shoes and testing out if I can actually be comfortable and walk in them. I have lost count of pairs I have bought in the past from other companies that sit in my wardrobe. They may look great but ouch.
During the pandemic, QVC was one of the only live channels that kept going. It was quite comforting to have a channel that wasn't talking about COVID (even though I am addicted to news and care a lot about what is happening in the world - but you have to get a break sometimes)

I wonder if anyone else feels as I do. We all know that using QVC can , ndeed be very handy. I personally for the most part like using it because let’s face it we get the deliveries sometimes quicker than 3 to 5 days, and no quibble to return. I do find it very convenient mainly because of where I live which is rural.

All of that said, I haven’t bought anything other than Harry’s jar candles and plants for a very long time.

I turn on every day at some point, and look at the TSVs and their TV guide, then turn over because frankly I am very fed up with the same old, same old, very boring shows and presentations, yes seen it all before.

Take Kelly Hoppen as an example, apart from odds and ends, rugs etc the bedding is almost always the TSV, she does far more than bedding, but I am so bored with it all.

I cannot stand At Home with Alison Cork’s cheap (over priced) junk, so I no longer watch.

I find now I am watching QVC less and less—————anyone else feel like me?
Yes I watch less and less now. Nothing interests me anymore. I use to spend loads but now look elsewhere for valve for money. IMO qvc are very expensive

'Goodbye QVC
I have shopped with qvc since the beginning. Not any more. They used to sell quality goods at competitive prices, not any more. They have become too complacent and have little control over their sales staff who have come to believe that they are celebrities. Good grief! The presentations, though presenters call them their shows, are more about the presenters showing off. Maybe that’s why they call them shows? There’s frequently an undercurrent whereby they slip in information about their lifestyles which they think will impress the viewer. What kind of lifestyle do they think the rest of us have? No, that’s enough. It’s the high street for me, more choice, better prices and I am not subjected to staff thinking they are celebrities. If any of them worked in a shop I would avoid it. I can rest easy knowing my money is not going to contribute to the endless, expensive freebies which find themselves into presenters homes. Goodbye qvc.'

The only reason they didn’t talk about Covid was it would have interfered with self promotion and the hard sell, sell, sell.

Believe me if they had had Covid related items to sell it would have been a whole different story.
They did sell masks although they were classed as face coverings (i.e. thin bits of material with no nose wires) and they were selling sanitizer gel, as well as a rubber thing you wore on your wrist that squirted gel on to your hand when you were out. No, I didn’t buy any of their “covid” offerings.

At least the sale of those items wasn’t too “hard sell” which made a change,

These ones??
I did go and read through . There was one about Julia bragging about knowing her courier's name,guess what I know my courier's name.
Never had a problem with Hermes deliveries,anything we return we send via a local shop. Amazon refund as soon as they get the details,usually been next day.

Latest posts

Back