QVC in general.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am still watching off and on, ot in the background. I don’t buy half of what I once did.

As for Katy’s teeth those would have cost a fortune but very unnatural looking in my opinion, and do you no favours as you age, if she has them so bright.

'Goodbye QVC
I have shopped with qvc since the beginning. Not any more. They used to sell quality goods at competitive prices, not any more. They have become too complacent and have little control over their sales staff who have come to believe that they are celebrities. Good grief! The presentations, though presenters call them their shows, are more about the presenters showing off. Maybe that’s why they call them shows? There’s frequently an undercurrent whereby they slip in information about their lifestyles which they think will impress the viewer. What kind of lifestyle do they think the rest of us have? No, that’s enough. It’s the high street for me, more choice, better prices and I am not subjected to staff thinking they are celebrities. If any of them worked in a shop I would avoid it. I can rest easy knowing my money is not going to contribute to the endless, expensive freebies which find themselves into presenters homes. Goodbye qvc.'
I don't know about an undercurrent, it happens on every show ! I had 5 minutes of Kabler the Gabler and she went off on one and started giggling inanely. Then the utter show off Chloe doing the shoe outlet, made mention that she went to University !!! words fail me at what those once great institutions are now churning out - and then made a great production of knowing what a certain part of the heel was called - (learned in anatomy at Yuni) fine, but then she went into overkill, mentioning the word at every opportunity. Does no-one control these ****** idiots ??????

I don't know about an undercurrent, it happens on every show ! I had 5 minutes of Kabler the Gabler and she went off on one and started giggling inanely. Then the utter show off Chloe doing the shoe outlet, made mention that she went to University !!! words fail me at what those once great institutions are now churning out - and then made a great production of knowing what a certain part of the heel was called - (learned in anatomy at Yuni) fine, but then she went into overkill, mentioning the word at every opportunity. Does no-one control these ****** idiots ??????
University standards have dropped since they started to offer ‘Mickey Mouse’ degrees.

Apologies for “resurrecting” this thread 😉, but I’m wondering if they’re trying to “up” their game. I ordered a Frank Usher top but didn’t like it and so I posted it back last Monday (23rd August) and the refund appeared in my account this morning, including the P&P. That’s a few hours less than a week since it left me, which is far better than the usual 10-14 days. It was probably a blip though 😉 and they will no doubt adopt their “snail speed” returns policy again.

The beauty shows bore me rigid lol … I see a cream or face pack and run for the off button 🤗😂
You and me both! Just saw a presentation for a set of Elemis goodies that were supposed to packed full of ingredients such as bullrush serum and some kind of honey that nobody's heard of and it cost a flipping fortune, followed by a small looking tub of goop that's suppose to tighten sagging skin and bring contour back to your face - I'm sorry folks, but I very much doubt it. I believe in keeping skin clean and moisturised, but once you've started to get wrinkles and sagging - it's downhill from there. A £70 skin serum won't help but a 7k procedure will ! and like you say boring as hell!

You and me both! Just saw a presentation for a set of Elemis goodies that were supposed to packed full of ingredients such as bullrush serum and some kind of honey that nobody's heard of and it cost a flipping fortune, followed by a small looking tub of goop that's suppose to tighten sagging skin and bring contour back to your face - I'm sorry folks, but I very much doubt it. I believe in keeping skin clean and moisturised, but once you've started to get wrinkles and sagging - it's downhill from there. A £70 skin serum won't help but a 7k procedure will ! and like you say boring as hell!
Bull rush serum??? Are you sure the second word was rush? 😉

Was that the 'show' where Ms. Everton did a bit of moonwalking at the beginning of the hour? I could hardly believe my eyes. Someone needs to stand in the sidelines with a shepherds crook and drag her off screen. Unbearable!!!

I was channel hopping while adverts were on and have just seen Zommos mattresses on QCV. Never heard of the brand I Googled it and, low and behold, when you find their site and rootle around on it, you get “sent” to QVC. I’m assuming that the featured mattress is a brand that’s made especially for QVC.

(Abbie Horne is presenting it and has said that she had the baby last week, so her maternity leave was short!)

I was channel hopping while adverts were on and have just seen Zommos mattresses on QCV. Never heard of the brand I Googled it and, low and behold, when you find their site and rootle around on it, you get “sent” to QVC. I’m assuming that the featured mattress is a brand that’s made especially for QVC.

(Abbie Horne is presenting it and has said that she had the baby last week, so her maternity leave was short!)
Even though low and behold even just given birth Abbie Horne has managed to grab the gig. 😲

I wonder if anyone else feels as I do. We all know that using QVC can , ndeed be very handy. I personally for the most part like using it because let’s face it we get the deliveries sometimes quicker than 3 to 5 days, and no quibble to return. I do find it very convenient mainly because of where I live which is rural.

All of that said, I haven’t bought anything other than Harry’s jar candles and plants for a very long time.

I turn on every day at some point, and look at the TSVs and their TV guide, then turn over because frankly I am very fed up with the same old, same old, very boring shows and presentations, yes seen it all before.

Take Kelly Hoppen as an example, apart from odds and ends, rugs etc the bedding is almost always the TSV, she does far more than bedding, but I am so bored with it all.

I cannot stand At Home with Alison Cork’s cheap (over priced) junk, so I no longer watch.

I find now I am watching QVC less and less—————anyone else feel like me?
I totally agree. I’ve been a member of QVC from the start & now couldn’t tell the last time I purchased anything. It’s went downhill big time. I keep tuning in to see what’s on, but between Marla Wynne shows on at every opportunity & sorry but the new presenter Annalise I just can’t watch at all.

I've asked for a full printout from day 1, it may take 2 weeks to arrive.

Shall I open a book on how much the grand total is?

Place your bets now!

Be interesting to see who is closest. I have no idea myself, but I expect I will be shocked.⚡⚡⚡

I've asked for a full printout from day 1, it may take 2 weeks to arrive.

Shall I open a book on how much the grand total is?

Place your bets now!

Be interesting to see who is closest. I have no idea myself, but I expect I will be shocked.⚡⚡⚡
I’ll start the ball rolling with 30k!!

Don’t do it unless there is a good reason you need that info. It is in the past the money has been spent, you have had the goods (some good/OK/ awful but not returned) you can’t get it back, leave it be!
I am just curious to see what worthwhile things I bought and what was tat and rubbish.

It doesn't really matter what the total is, as whatever it was, I could afford it, and still can if there's something I want and I can't get it cheaper elsewhere.

I still use most of the "good" items daily, but also have expensive items that were a five-minute wonder and are stored away somewhere in Strato Towers ;).

The main benefit of QVC was to introduce me to new gadgets, such as tools, electronics, cooking items, household items, etc. I'm listening to my Bose Wave radio as I am typing this, but it has never blown out any candles yet, despite their demos, and it hasn't been on QVC for years.

Last edited:
If it is just curiosity OK but I think we who have been around Q for years take the info. & then do a Google to see if we can get a better offer elsewhere.I have just done a clear out and reorganisation of my wardrobe and jewellery in the last couple of days and said ‘did I need that/ have worn it’ ? but at the time a) I wanted it and b) could afford it, but could I be spending my money in other ways?A lesson to be learned? But on the defence if it makes you happy and importantly can afford, why not? I have worked hard to be in the position I am today and when I am gone will mostly go to those who never knew me.So if it gives you pleasure go for it!

Last edited:
I’m trying to declutter so am I finding it relatively easy to ignore any notions I have to buy more stuff. Now it is only if it’s needed.

Once the decluttering and redecorate has been completed no doubt it will be business as usual. Often it’s just boredom not need.

Latest posts

Back