Breast Cancer Care Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am fairly sure that in the beginning ALL items where sold at HALF price with all of the money going to the charity as the suppliers donated the items and Q donated the air time etc. They had to take the V.A.T and P&P off but that was it.
There used to be some really good bargains to be had and you had to be quick off the mark to get anything.
Now it has become just another Q "event", I will watch it if I am home and there is nothing better on I won't be buying anything but will donate to the charity directly.
That way I know exactly how much of my money is going to BCC and NOT to Q .

That's exactly how it used to be, MM and the buzz on here was electric; it was a real event. Those who haven't managed to catch any BCC in past years I'd say try again because there have been items listed in the sticky thread which are available before and after the event and still at the BCC price. It's far less competitive on the day so you should get lucky.

During the half-priced years, I loved the way forumites would warn others if they were about to release an item from their basket so someone else could grab it. Sazza and Ian's diligence (since forever) in listing the items and others alerting us to items going live on the website. Dare I mention the Diamonique crown and Stratobuddy's angst that it went for a song to someone else (and accompanying speculation about HRH Queen Julia of Roberts) which kept me chuckling for weeks after.

There are items that have been lurking unsold for years like this http://www.qvcuk.com/Stainless-Stee...-_-IO_ProdDetail-_-3&relType=IO&refLocation=3

and the good old Lee Sands Kukui Nut necklace http://www.qvcuk.com/Lee-Sands-Kuku....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-336199

These are just embarrassing to the cause - QVC should just donate the stock to a BC charity that has high street charity shops to sell for a couple of quid each, it must be pushing 10 years since Lee Sands was even on QVC as a brand, and longer since he actually appeared in person. Come on Q take then off the website and donate the whole stock they're never going to sell. The Lee Sands is still a brand on QVC US I notice.

I remember when the Dawn Bibby auction went for several thousands.
One year they had a tea at the Ritz with Lulu but it struggled by comparison.

Oh YES, I remember the auctions ! 3 or 4 in an evening. Gawd, imagine having ANY meal with Lulu now - if there were candles on the table she would be in danger of melting before you got to the dessert !!!!

I remember the days of everything half price but it seems like a distant memory now. It's only 25% discount now.

If you watch QVC through Sky, have a look at the description on the EPG. It still says half price, and has done since they changed the discount.

The old BCC nights were great fun. Plenty of bargains to be had & lots of fun & banter on ST.

We had page after page here with people giving each other the heads up on what was coming up,item numbers etc etc

I always bought one of the special jewellery items for a friend of mine who had lost her dd to breast cancer,the old B&W ones were really fab & prices were brilliant.

I was never lucky to get anything decent, could never get through on phone even though on constant speed dial until one year all that was available was a c&&p M Hope top and and even c&&per earphones, both straight in bin. I was left feeling that the good stuff was somehow only available to the chosen few. Never bother since then just give straight to charity.

I also used to love the old BCC shows, and I used to get all ready for them and tell the family to leave me to it. I only ever managed to get a silver mesh Michelle Hope scarf/shawl which languished in a drawer and then went to a charity shop, and a half price Liz Earle Eye Product, which I liked. I used to use my sky button and try to guess what the item numbers would be based on the ones that had already been shown and that's the only way I managed to get the two items mentioned. Its not the same anymore, tho I will watch and donate. I do find that QVC fail to grasp the concept of SALE, £2 to £3 off of something is not, to my mind, a sale - it is an insult. I have to laugh out loud at some of the discounts, even in the January clearout they are pitiful!

It was a total frenzy back then. Website went down and we used the red button to try to get stuff. So online and typing numbers in search in the red button at the same time.

Sometimes things popped up the next morning. I got a Santa Maria Aquamarine pendant in 18ct white gold with diamonds for around £43.

kipling one

Kipling Dee Small Cross Body Bag
Item Number: 127483
QVC Price £30.00
Breast Cancer Care Price £24.96

P&P £3.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.127483

This cross-body bag features an adjustable strap, plus a zip pocket at the back, an interior mobile phone and pen pocket and Kipling branding at the centre-front of the bag. Perfect for day-to-day use, this bag will match with many styles of outfit.

Monkey accessory attached
Zip fastening
Strap drop: 30cm - 65cm (11.8" - 25.6")
Measures (h x w x d): 14cm x 20.5cm x 8cm (5.5" x 8" x 3.1")

All measurements are approximate

Breast Cancer Care Celebrity Charm Bracelet
Item Number: 632392
QVC Price £30.00
Breast Cancer Care Price £23.98
P&P £2.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...word=632392&uattrmb=&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

A gorgeous silver-tone charm bracelet featuring the symbolic pink bow, a crown, a bra, a star and a pair of angel wings. Wear your heart on your sleeve and this Breast Cancer Care bracelet around your wrist to show your support for this amazing charity.

Swarovski, rose and clear Czech crystals
Rhodium plated brass
Lobster clasp fastening
Length: 21.6cm (8.5")

All measurements are approximate

This exclusive bracelet features charms designed by Lisa Snowdon, Julien Macdonald and Sharon Osbourne.

Shame that some come up and the others don't yet. Like the dull kipling offering from last year! Will have to be patient!

Shame that some come up and the others don't yet. Like the dull kipling offering from last year! Will have to be patient!

i like to have the item numbers ready so as soon as it hits show time i can q cut lol... its the only way i can guarantee i get the ones i want... i usually get the B&W item.

That's exactly how it used to be, MM and the buzz on here was electric; it was a real event. Those who haven't managed to catch any BCC in past years I'd say try again because there have been items listed in the sticky thread which are available before and after the event and still at the BCC price. It's far less competitive on the day so you should get lucky.

During the half-priced years, I loved the way forumites would warn others if they were about to release an item from their basket so someone else could grab it. Sazza and Ian's diligence (since forever) in listing the items and others alerting us to items going live on the website. Dare I mention the Diamonique crown and Stratobuddy's angst that it went for a song to someone else (and accompanying speculation about HRH Queen Julia of Roberts) which kept me chuckling for weeks after.

There are items that have been lurking unsold for years like this http://www.qvcuk.com/Stainless-Stee...-_-IO_ProdDetail-_-3&relType=IO&refLocation=3

Who did buy the crown in the end I missed that?

and the good old Lee Sands Kukui Nut necklace http://www.qvcuk.com/Lee-Sands-Kuku....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-336199

These are just embarrassing to the cause - QVC should just donate the stock to a BC charity that has high street charity shops to sell for a couple of quid each, it must be pushing 10 years since Lee Sands was even on QVC as a brand, and longer since he actually appeared in person. Come on Q take then off the website and donate the whole stock they're never going to sell. The Lee Sands is still a brand on QVC US I notice.

Who did buy the crown in the end I missed that?

The B&W item is just hidden so that it's still available on the night. The B&W items are usually very popular.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mean to slag off any of the good work done in raising money for this worthwhile cause but a number of the items are several years old and have spent quite a long time in clearance. I know this as I have been looking at some of the jewellery for years and other items have reviews going back a couple of years.

Q should be ashamed of themselves making out that they are being magnanimous when in fact they are using this as an opportunity to get rid of old stock knowing that few will ask for a refund on a charity item.

For that reason alone I will not donate through Q.

Just been reading Alisons Blog and saw this..

Another piece of jewellery that I am sure will resonate with you has been created by Charlie Brook and myself. With the word ‘Forever’ inscribed on the back, it is a beautiful sunflower pendant made in memory of Amica and Beulah, and also two other of our colleagues whom we lost at the end of last year

http://blogs.qvcuk.com/join-us-monday-support-breast-cancer-care/

Latest posts

Back