Can anyone recommend a good eye serum on QVC plse?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
Could someone possibly recommend an eye product on QVC that's not a cream (apart from Liz Earle's smoothing line serum, which I used to like but now find too tacky)?

I have been using eye creams but have decided I really don't like them that much as I find them too heavy. I really like eye serums but are the good ones on QVC really expensive?

I know I could have a look myself and wade through the reviews, but when I spoke to CS yesterday, I was told that the Easypay code is still available today, so I'd really like to choose something this evening if possible.

I can't afford an expensive one though.

Any help greatly appreciated, thankyou. :)

:hi:

The only one I have used from QVC is the Elemis Absolute eye serum which is very light but I have always used an eye cream over it although not a heavy one. Have you tried the Elemis Eye renewal cream as this is very light too?

I also liked the Gatineau Diffusance Eye Contour gel which although its for puffiness/dark circles it is very hydrating and worth a try.

I wouldn't dismiss eye creams just yet it's just you've not found the right one to suit you.

:happy:

another vote for Alpha H eye complex here, lovely and lightweight and cooling, very effective too (well it is on fine lines and puffiness, I don't have wrinkles or dark circles so can't comment there but it has great reviews on QVC).

I also use A'kin Rosehip Oil and I pat a tiny bit round my eyes of a night time instread of using a seperate eye cream and that works very well too.

Tend to use the A'kin at night and Alpha H in the morning, but if you only want to buy one thing the Rosehip oil might be a bit much for daytime under make-up, but it's a great multi-tasker and not expensive at all.

Hi Backstreetgirl,
I don't know if you would consider this yourself, but I use serums right under the eye which are not necessarily advertised as 'eye' serums as such, but as face serums. My eyes are very prone to allergies and I have few fine lines too, but I have no problem using the Gatineau Melatogenine Force Collagene Anti-Wrinkle Concentrate which is excellent and very light but it smoothes the eye area perfectly. It's expensive, but I only use the 30ml bottle around the eyes (face gets cheaper serums).

AY has said on few occasions that you can use it right under the eyes (was advising Ameka to do just that for her eyes), although Andrew and Michaella(sp?) try to deny that and say it hasn't been tested for use around the eyes, so they don't recommend it (I think it's just a ploy to get you to buy separate eye products from them). I have been using this serum with the Melatogenine cream on top for few months and no probs at all.

Also Paula Begoun (http://www.cosmeticscop.com/), says it's utter rubbish that cosmetics companies tell us that we must not use creams for the face around the eyes. She says as long as it's not heavily scented it's absolutely fine to use your regular cream or serum around the eyes too (which I've tried and again have been fine).

I will also recommend that if you use A'kin's oil or serum you can take that right around the eyes, too. Another one is the Gale Hayman eye lift (which I personally can't recommend as I've never tried it but is popular on QVC). I also go along with Madaunty's choice of Alpha H, which is good.
My personal favourite is the Gatineau one, though!

Yet another vote for Alpha-H Eye Complex! I've always had trouble with eye serums/gel/creams as they often make my eyes sore or give me headache if they are too scented but I've found the Alpha-H one to be great and you can use it all over the eye area without any negative effects. I've never had any problems with it irritating my eyes and it doesn't feel greasy or sticky either.

Great suggestions, many thanks to you all! :)

I have been using A'kin's Rosehip Oil and just dab a bit under my eyes, but I don't find it easy to 'spread' without dragging the eye area. I do love it for the rest of my face though and it is so economical, as you say.

I love Gatineauproducts and recently sent up for the Aquamemory Moisture Replenish Eye Roll on, which I had high hopes about, but I find it doesn't come out very easily, so I end up having to press the roller ball on the back of my hand and then dispensing the cream over the eye area with my fingers, which kind of defeats the object of having the rollerball! I don't know if I've got a faulty one or whether this is how they are but it's a bit disappointing.

No MsTrouble, I haven't tried any of the Elemis range, so that's worth thinking about, thankyou.
Alpha H & Gatineau Melatogenine Force Collagene Anti-Wrinkle Concentrate sound quite promising too, so I'm off to have a quick look so that I can place my order before bed.

Thanks again! :)

I use a Gatineau Melatogenine one although I'm out and not sure of the name. I've always got it as part of a set as a sample, but it IS rocket science. Love it. Let us know what you decide and how it is.

Well I went for the Alpha-H Eye Complex one (so much for me saying I can't afford an expensive one!) but I had some Quidco money go through so that's paid for it.

I also like the sound of the Melatogenine one but the ones I've seen on QVC are really expensive, so maybe not. :(

Thanks very much for the link SuzyQ, I like feelunique.com. I bought a replacement YSL Touche Eclat from them a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe how quickly it arrived - the following day (no p & p either) - and from Jersey! I was so impressed that I wrote to them and thanked them for a brilliant service and they replied thanking me for my e-mail.

I like decleor hydratensor, and I used to love the gatineau collagen gel eye product-they don't seem to do it now in the expensive eye pads, so I buy it from feelunique.com- initially expensive but lasts me around 9 months.

http://www.feelunique.com/p/Gatineau-Strategie-Jeunesse-Intensive-Eye-Treatment-15ml

Another vote here for decleor hydrotenseur. I also like Boots No7 Protect & Perfect eye cream, although I'm not a huge fan of the pot it comes in as I find it messy to get the product out - and non too hygienic.

Latest posts

Back