Can I start a ridiculous thread?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I watched a bit of that video and thought it looked very uneven, especially across the fringe. And she was right it did look like a wig! And the “swatch” she had in her hand looked synthetic to me. But she said this was her hair as she had already removed the extensions. So I’m not convinced either.

Is it just me or has MH range got very expensive - i had always assumed it was one of the cheaper ranges on Q aimed at the older lady who usually buys from a market stall but with a bit more lace and chiffon. Same with Frank Usher, I was astounded at the prices as it used to be as cheap as chips in comparison to Kimmy etc

Stupid ****** Alexthfis telling us how she insists that her nine-year-old uses only £20 handwash and shower-gel.

In the same vein, stupid Abby Cleeve telling us that we will die if we are so irresponsible to even let a shaft of sunlight fall on our skin EVEN THROUGH GLASS!!! unless we slather ourselves with her overpriced suncream, even in the winter at 55°N... Yeah, OK love.

Last edited:
Stupid ****** Alexthfis telling us how she insists that her nine-year-old uses only £20 handwash and shower-gel.

In the same vein, stupid Abby Cleeve telling us that we will die if we are so irresponsible to even let a shaft of sunlight fall on our skin EVEN THROUGH GLASS!!! unless we slather ourselves with her overpriced suncream, even in the winter at 55°N... Yeah, OK love.
2 women who really get on my chesticles .

I always think of a wee pensioner invited to a wedding splashing out on a MH outfit as a treat and being delighted with herself
Awww, the wee pensioner was my Gran and she was invited to some garden party at Holyrood Palace. She didn't wear MH though. As if!! My Gran was a proper lady you know 😁 I think my mum's got a photo of her and Gran at said party. I'll see if I can get a copy and post. Do you do real photo's on here? I actually don't look like a bent stick of rock.

CC

Well I watched a bit of that video and thought it looked very uneven, especially across the fringe. And she was right it did look like a wig! And the “swatch” she had in her hand looked synthetic to me. But she said this was her hair as she had already removed the extensions. So I’m not convinced either.
So how did she remove her extensions?

She did not have the cheap clip in sort they were the bonded ones, and she had real hair. Those need to be removed professionally, or you will damage your hair. So I am calling her a lying stunt. We do know that so-called live videos can be edited before being released.

I also see MH aimed at the older lady, but the one who's still mourning the loss of Brentford Nylons from the high street and that Pippa Dee parties are no longer a thing. Failing that it's for people that want to look like they've bought their clothes in a joke shop, masochists who like the feeling of itchy lace next to their skin, whilst simultaneously sweating buckets, and enjoy getting an electric shocks on a regular basis - Her prices are as "shocking" as the her clothes. ****** awful!

Another rant about ridiculous claims.

When garden weeding tools are used on fresh just planted soil to show how easy it is to remove ”weeds”.

Yes you Grumpy Gardner - a tool using a tool.
Similar to the fake ground in dirt they use to demonstrate cleaning products..Love the washing product ones - eg pair of dirty white socks where only one of them is genuinely filthy and of course that's the one that gets steeped in the solution of brand x, whilst the clean one that's been dirtied in the last few minutes before going on air gets the "oxy magic" treatment - and guess what? The latter comes out sparkling and the other doesn't!

Oh, there was a few complaints on QVC Facebook last week about the IT Works Sponges, the white ones that take everything off pots and pans etc. Well shouts of fake demos. The people complaining saying they bought and did nothing for their pots and did not remove the burn on parts as shown in the demo. Others saying for the demo they just put on dried gravey which looks dark and removes easily.

Oh, there was a few complaints on QVC Facebook last week about the IT Works Sponges, the white ones that take everything off pots and pans etc. Well shouts of fake demos. The people complaining saying they bought and did nothing for their pots and did not remove the burn on parts as shown in the demo. Others saying for the demo they just put on dried gravey which looks dark and removes easily.
Ages ago on the Ideal World part of this forum someone who claimed that he prepared the demonstrations on Ideal World said that they used gravy browning, it's probably still on there somewhere if anyone want to have a search.

I saw a “hack” (my most detested word of 2020] the other day where a tea bag left to steep in a pan or casserole dish will remove all baked in stuff. I’m assuming they mean items without non stick or other coatings.

I don’t suppose it would do any harm to try although knowing how tannins stain tea cups I’m not sure how reliable it is.

Imogen Connolly, who normally waxes lyrical over Joules & its British heritage, now trying everything she can to promote this awful range. Katy P looked a real mess in her sparkly lurex/animal print combo.
I agree, Katy P looked so frumpy ! black ankle boots with an ordinary length pleated skirt and an ageing sparkly purple top. Who the hell wears sparkly tops anymore ???? I'm over 70 and wouldn't wear one - ever.

Ages ago on the Ideal World part of this forum someone who claimed that he prepared the demonstrations on Ideal World said that they used gravy browning, it's probably still on there somewhere if anyone want to have a search.
I've always thought they use brown gravy powder - generally its when tiles and toilets are being cleaned with those steam clean gadgets.

Cant beat a drop of bleach in getting tannin out of teacups - done it for decades.

Every time they suggest giving pricey toiletries as gifts for all and sundry, whether it's L'Occitane or Molton Brown or some other...
Following on from that, when they suggest that an item is 'grandparent friendly' (cost wise) an it is around £20+, if you have several grandchildren on a basic pension the £10 (remarkably it still exists) Christmas Bonus isn't going to be of much help is it?! No, I know they are 'sellers', but sometimes they have to be venture into the 'reality realm' if only occasionally!

Latest posts

Back