General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike should sue for libel - I don't think anyone would want to be falsely branded a liar!, maybe the threat of legal action is the only way to get an apology out of some people. :grin:

Last edited:
Mike should sue for libel - I don't think anyone would want to be falsely branded a liar!, maybe the threat of legal action is the only way to get an apology out of some people. :grin:

I just dont understand how you CAN call him a liar? if it was a contentious statement, or he emitted something from his pitch or even added something. but he gave an accurate description of the product. it had 7 bits and he said it had 7 bits. its not a lie. its a fact! because you dont like they way he sold it isn't grounds to call him a liar.

i think its really important this forum DOESNT lose its credibility by accusing people willy nilly of being liars and trying to cheat the public. this forum has played a key role in righting the wrongs at BID and although i am pro BID (obviously) i still recognise that there has been great change and for the better and much of that was ignited by this forum.

Its easy to throw mud bat someone. but much harder to wash it off. if your wrong be a big boy and apologise. its the RIGHT thing to do!

it does not matter what side of the fence you sit

based on the information given he cant be called a liar on this sale

I think some people need to calm down a bit, banter is fair enough but its getting a bit unpleasant now.

I think it is interesting that even the most regular and hard nosed forum members have avoided this thread like the plague. 'its hard to defend the indefensible' as i once read on here... cant remember who by.

AGAIN you accuse him of telling lies. PJ. can you please substantiate this accusation? how is he a 'liar'? you keep accusing him of it. you wont apologise for it so please can you explain? you are the first to demand M&M explain themselves and are happy to goad them relentlessly so i think it is only fair you explain HOW you think he 'lied'.

to help - here is the dictionary definition for a 'liar'

li·ar [lahy-er]
noun
a person who tells lies.

I know you have pointed you on a number of occasions that you dont have some sort of vendetta against Mike. but im concerned that this doesn't really back up your claim. not if you arnt prepared to acknowledge your are wrong and at least offer some sort of apology. its the least he deserves.

I think I have explained myself well enough. If you don't agree fair enough I am not trying to tell everyone to agree with me.

For me it is black and white, when it is not 100% truthful it is a lie. It could be 50% or 95% truthful for me that is a lie. I don't believe in white lies or bending the truth I call that a lie. Okay you don't. I respect that. Can you not respect my view? I have been wrong in the past and despite what some posters say I never portray myself as someone who is perfect and always say sorry if I am wrong.

On the subject of being wrong. Have you received your bargain ring yet? Care to show us the invoice? ;-)

I think everybody concerned here's got a valid point. Yes when you buy a product in a container, or just a container for that matter, one would expect the lid to be classed as an integral part, however, in this instance I would say it's pretty immaterial because you're not really being charged for the extra part, and as for Mike he's just reading the description he's been given, and it's listed as a 7 piece set..can we just leave it at that?

Pj

If you are calling the presenter a liar (and you appear to be) then i am unsure why you are not reporting this

yes it is quite apparent how certain posters have not backed up there old mate here

I think it is interesting that even the most regular and hard nosed forum members have avoided this thread like the plague. 'its hard to defend the indefensible' as i once read on here... cant remember who by.

Ah Bing Bong, were you missing me my love?

I have nothing to add to the discussion but i'm happy to say 'HIYA' :heartbroke:

compared to when you were all happy to hunt through past sales to try and catch out bingowings

very very apt

you are on your own pj

OK everyone, settle down
I think PJ is commenting on the irony of 'over egging the pudding' by including lids, nozzles etc. as separate components of the product which takes honesty and transparency to the ridiculous
Certain forum members are very quick to jump down his throat when he passes a comment; these members need to look again and see that PJ is always polite, courteous, gives credit where it's due and apologises readily when wrong, he never makes personal or insulting comments (unlike some forum members) he respects others' opinions and is due the same respect in return.
I've been working for the last few days so have been too busy to post, I wasn't avoiding the thread, I hadn't even read it until now
Yes, you'll notice I said I've been working, I have a professional career so don't you dare suggest that we don't have 'proper jobs', that is extremely insulting
So, bingo, whilst you are entitled to your opinion and to have it respected (and you've contributed some valid and entertaining posts) you are not entitled to be personal or insulting, I am sick of you coming on here and winding things up, lay off attacking individual forum members, you're verging on bullying troll - like behaviour.

I agree. but i would be really interested in your opinion Mr Mobo?

Hello Bingo, I didn't see the item in question but I will use my ocean Tv dongle to record the next time the item is sold.... then we can all view the product & sales pitch and make an informed opinion on it.

Oh & I hear the ASA appreciate video footage :devil:

oh here they are excellent news

bullying, troll like all the comments are coming out

it appears the "hunting in packs" brigade are very happy giving it out but not so much when there posts are questioned

what a lovely open forum this is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back