General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet every other shopping outlet sells then already screwed in and as one.

PJ

I dare say that if they had not described the item 100% correctly they would
probably be slated on here or reported to the ASA.
Where do they draw the line?? Being totally accurate? Or assuming you
just know the applicators are attached?
I s to recall in a previous post on here that things would not have changed if it was
not for this forum (or words to that effect).
So what's the issue with being accurate?

I dare say that if they had not described the item 100% correctly they would
probably be slated on here or reported to the ASA.
Where do they draw the line?? Being totally accurate? Or assuming you
just know the applicators are attached?
I s to recall in a previous post on here that things would not have changed if it was
not for this forum (or words to that effect).
So what's the issue with being accurate?

Yes of course that's what I would like. My point was it looked a great product and great price so why lie to big it up when it wasn't needed. If you got an air freshener you wouldn't call the lid or nozzle two or three peice?

PJ

I see on the news that President Obama is visiting Tanzania. I wonder if he'll treat the First Lady to a AAAA boulder? :happy:

Yes of course that's what I would like. My point was it looked a great product and great price so why lie to big it up when it wasn't needed. If you got an air freshener you wouldn't call the lid or nozzle two or three peice?

PJ

great point moet and muffins

PJ

How, pray tell did he lie? he lied by telling TOO MUCH truth? this has to be the most hilariously contradictory accusation on the forum! you cant demand they tell you every detail and then berate them for giving you every detail. its just ridiculous!
The point has been made on here a few times that certain members are only interested in moaning and complaining. To me this perfectly illustrates that point, scratching around grabbing at straws in order to find something to complain about. The fact you have had to resort to such hypocrisy to find some 'needle' is a testament to how well behaved BID TV now are!

viva la Crusade lol

How, pray tell did he lie? he lied by telling TOO MUCH truth? this has to be the most hilariously contradictory accusation on the forum! you cant demand they tell you every detail and then berate them for giving you every detail. its just ridiculous!
The point has been made on here a few times that certain members are only interested in moaning and complaining. To me this perfectly illustrates that point, scratching around grabbing at straws in order to find something to complain about. The fact you have had to resort to such hypocrisy to find some 'needle' is a testament to how well behaved BID TV now are!

viva la Crusade lol

It wasn't true that you get 7 pieces. If I get a 7 piece pack I expect to be able to use each independently of each other which wouldn't be the case with this. Just to repeat the point. The product looked good, the price was fab so why not let that be the selling point and call it a 5 piece?

Once again you moan about me picking up on things and yet you go through my posts with a fine tooth comb trying to make a point out of nothing.

Stick to bingo love, you have more chance of a winning line there.

PJ

It wasn't true that you get 7 pieces. If I get a 7 piece pack I expect to be able to use each independently of each other which wouldn't be the case with this. Just to repeat the point. The product looked good, the price was fab so why not let that be the selling point and call it a 5 piece?

Once again you moan about me picking up on things and yet you go through my posts with a fine tooth comb trying to make a point out of nothing.

PJ

do you not think it is the decent thing to do to apologise to Mike for calling him a 'liar'? its a pretty strong allegation to level against someone.i know its hard to admit you are wrong at times, but you are at the forefront of demanding clarity from them and he has 100% delivered you that. i think it would be a noble gesture on your part.

PJ

Because it has 7 pieces?

A car has 100's of pieces but show me a car showroom that sells it like that.

ok. if Ford advertised their new ford fiesta as the 22.340 piece ford fiesta which consisted of 22.340 pieces would you be within your rights to call them 'liars"? 'no'. why? because they HAVENT LIED. neither did Mike. he gave accurate information. to call him a LIAR is out of order.

it takes a man to admit when they are wrong.

as long as the presenter states exactly what the 7 pieces curtail there is nothing to see here

love to see this one go to the asa be laughed out of town

kind of ironic the amount of stick bingo got for there purchasing error and then we get this

please pj go to the asa if you really believe what you are saying then you will

whilst you are there complain to them that the weatherman said it would be sunny here this morning and it is now a bit cloudy

kind of ironic the amount of stick bingo got for there purchasing error and then we get this

please pj go to the asa if you really believe what you are saying then you will

whilst you are there complain to them that the weatherman said it would be sunny here this morning and it is now a bit cloudy

Did I say this was ASA worthy? All I meant and I am gonna repeat this for one more time for those who don't understand.

This product and price were good enough without any lies. I am not saying they breached anything. Just saying I didn't like it. Can't we move on. You don't agree fair play. It would be a boring world if we thought the same.

PJ

Did I say this was ASA worthy? All I meant and I am gonna repeat this for one more time for those who don't understand.

This product and price were good enough without any lies. I am not saying they breached anything. Just saying I didn't like it. Can't we move on. You don't agree fair play. It would be a boring world if we thought the same.

PJ

AGAIN you accuse him of telling lies. PJ. can you please substantiate this accusation? how is he a 'liar'? you keep accusing him of it. you wont apologise for it so please can you explain? you are the first to demand M&M explain themselves and are happy to goad them relentlessly so i think it is only fair you explain HOW you think he 'lied'.

to help - here is the dictionary definition for a 'liar'

li·ar [lahy-er]
noun
a person who tells lies.

I know you have pointed you on a number of occasions that you dont have some sort of vendetta against Mike. but im concerned that this doesn't really back up your claim. not if you arnt prepared to acknowledge your are wrong and at least offer some sort of apology. its the least he deserves.

AGAIN you accuse him of telling lies. PJ. can you please substantiate this accusation? how is he a 'liar'? you keep accusing him of it. you wont apologise for it so please can you explain? you are the first to demand M&M explain themselves and are happy to goad them relentlessly so i think it is only fair you explain HOW you think he 'lied'.

to help - here is the dictionary definition for a 'liar'

li·ar [lahy-er]
noun
a person who tells lies.

I know you have pointed you on a number of occasions that you dont have some sort of vendetta against Mike. but im concerned that this doesn't really back up your claim. not if you arnt prepared to acknowledge your are wrong and at least offer some sort of apology. its the least he deserves.

I hope Mike does not get to see this thread

I was not a fan but he has changed whether some like it or not

BIG BREAKING NEWS!!!

Questions are being asked of London based shopping channel BID TV today as claims continue to be made that they are using THE TRUTH to actually SELL their products!

The claims come from members of a shopping telly forum called ‘shopping telly forum’ where an irate member is so OUTRAGED and DISGUSTED and APPALLED and OUTRAGED by BID TV’s ‘HONEST strategy that they have become committed to exposing both them and their behavior.

It is alleged that a BID TV presenter has claimed that a product containing 7 components actually ‘CONTAINED 7 COMPONENTS’

Forum members have reacted angrily to such disgraceful behavior. P.J from crusadeville said “I don’t know why he had to lie by telling the truth’

How will this end? Nobody can be sure. But if one forum member gets their way BID TV presenters will have a very tricky job on their hands trying to not mislead the public by not telling the truth but telling the truth as long as the truth isn’t too truthful. Not too much truth which is actually now a lie and if you tell the truth you are now in fact a liar who lies!

Your reporter in the field
Bingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back