General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like that she has the nervous vunerability and everything doesn't sound rehearsed or like she is re-telling a story from autocue.

also steve mac is a credit to his profession.

What a stupid rule this is, Sally was just selling this agent provocateur and said buy it from us, go somewhere else and see if you like the smell of it, If you don't you can return it to us BUT if you break the seal you can't return it to us

Looks like a new policy for all perfume

Last edited:
What a stupid rule this is, Sally was just selling this agent provocateur and said buy it from us, go somewhere else and see if you like the smell of it, If you don't you can return it to us BUT if you break the seal you can't return it to us

Looks like a new policy for all perfume

been the case since i have been watching

Just saw an advert for the Alan and Barry craft and the graphics said Tuesday (it usually says Tuesday and Thursday) but the voice over said Tuesday and Thursday, How do they not notice these things when making them?

As for the purfume policy other than the odd 1 in the past I've not heard them saying that you can't open any of them, they used to say get it, try it, if you don't like it return it

Just saw an advert for the Alan and Barry craft and the graphics said Tuesday (it usually says Tuesday and Thursday) but the voice over said Tuesday and Thursday, How do they not notice these things when making them?

As for the purfume policy other than the odd 1 in the past I've not heard them saying that you can't open any of them, they used to say get it, try it, if you don't like it return it

That trailer has been running for absolutely ages too, I mentioned it a while back.

Have you seen the 'Oscar & Lewis' trailer that must have been on for around a year? It says the jewellery is designed by Bill Lewis when it's actually Bill Skinner!

That trailer has been running for absolutely ages too, I mentioned it a while back.

Have you seen the 'Oscar & Lewis' trailer that must have been on for around a year? It says the jewellery is designed by Bill Lewis when it's actually Bill Skinner!

The trailer has been on ages but the bid graphics usually say Tuesday and Thursday 12-2, I noticed it looked different straight away and thought oh they must only be doing it on Tuesday now, then the voice over said Tuesday and Thursday and so did the text on the slate, My point is they have obviously edited it for some reason but not changed the voice over or end slate, I don't see how they don't notice these things when watching it back in the edit suite

The trailer has been on ages but the bid graphics usually say Tuesday and Thursday 12-2, I noticed it looked different straight away and thought oh they must only be doing it on Tuesday now, then the voice over said Tuesday and Thursday and so did the text on the slate, My point is they have obviously edited it for some reason but not changed the voice over or end slate, I don't see how they don't notice these things when watching it back in the edit suite

Ah Mega I just seen the trailer you refer to, with Jenny Topp doing the voice over and the Bid graphics on screen highlighting £1.99 p+p?

That isn't the trailer I was referring to, I haven't seen that one before. It does seem a bit daft.

yes they have changed it because before alan and barry had free p +p and now all products it is 1.99 p +p

tbf if they had not changed it they may have been in breach of something

yes they have changed it because before alan and barry had free p +p and now all products it is 1.99 p +p

tbf if they had not changed it they may have been in breach of something

It's an entirely different trailer to the one I originally referred to, I have never seen it before.

fair enough

they are hideous trials to be fair

they have changed them all recently so they can be used on price drop as well as bid, this makes sense as obviously cheaper to do but it shows

not that it probably has a massive effect i am doubtful how much in channel adverts make people aware of anything they were not already tbh

peter's s and s were selling modelco glow baby glow, they were screaming about how its £89 on modelco website, they werent screaming that on another site it was 5.99 when they were selling it at 9.99 plus 7.99 p&p. fair enough the online site didnt have the mascara included but that could be bought for another 5.99..they were screaming that it would sell out in the next 20 minutes...surprise surprise it didnt. what credibility do these two have?

peter's s and s were selling modelco glow baby glow, they were screaming about how its £89 on modelco website, they werent screaming that on another site it was 5.99 when they were selling it at 9.99 plus 7.99 p&p. fair enough the online site didnt have the mascara included but that could be bought for another 5.99..they were screaming that it would sell out in the next 20 minutes...surprise surprise it didnt. what credibility do these two have?

Sadly Peter Sherlock has plenty of form in this area. This is the guy who has regularly urged us suckers sorry customers to check out the prices on the Laurelle website and compare them to Bid's.

It's never much of a comparison checking a manufacturers website but in fairness to them I suppose they cannot provide an exhaustive list of websites to compare. However, in the case of a no name 'brand' like Laurelle i'm afraid their prices are clearly codswallop to assist resellers.

Anybody know if that Bijan VIP is any good? PS was saying it should of sold easy for £34.99 but its on various other sites for £5.99 (same ml).

Anybody know if that Bijan VIP is any good? PS was saying it should of sold easy for £34.99 but its on various other sites for £5.99 (same ml).

I didn't know of this brand but in the introduction (which is all I watched) Dirty Peter said Bijan is one of the biggest fragrance brands in the world.

I had a look on Basenotes and even though it's been around since 2008 it only has 4 reviews, it scored 3.5 out of 5.

http://www.basenotes.net/products/bijan-vip-for-men

I didn't know of this brand but in the introduction (which is all I watched) Dirty Peter said Bijan is one of the biggest fragrance brands in the world.

I had a look on Basenotes and even though it's been around since 2008 it only has 4 reviews, it scored 3.5 out of 5.

http://www.basenotes.net/products/bijan-vip-for-men

I too hadn't heard of it but from what they were saying it was a really high end top brand that one simply must purchase. I was tempted but decided to grab the Ipad & check the reviews... but only found the one saying its ok for a cheapy. It surprised me to see the prices of it on various sites £5.99 to 8.99 mostly. It goes to show it should never have been anywhere near the £34.99 price they "supposedly" thought it would easily sell at.

I too hadn't heard of it but from what they were saying it was a really high end top brand that one simply must purchase. I was tempted but decided to grab the Ipad & check the reviews... but only found the one saying its ok for a cheapy. It surprised me to see the prices of it on various sites £5.99 to 8.99 mostly. It goes to show it should never have been anywhere near the £34.99 price they "supposedly" thought it would easily sell at.

As I mentioned earlier I cannot comment on the actual sale as I never watched it however, if they were saying it should have went for £34.99 and there is no evidence it retails at that sort of price then, yet again, that is a case of exaggeration which is of course forbidden.

Sadly I thought it would all start again once Dirty Peter returned, they just don't seem to learn their lesson with him.

mommabear, mason is shilling speakers!!!

i hope his base reflex sound test sheet is brought out of retirement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back