Candles

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snowstorm

Registered Shopper
Are they good value and good quality? I’m watching the Black Friday deals. Hattie is super excited so just looking for a sense check.

I bought a candle once. I am experienced in candle care so to speak but immediately, the candle did not burn to the edges and after 6 hours it was midnight and I had to give up and extinguish it and go to bed. Needless to say, it tunnelled and I got little burn time. Add to that, the fragrance was poor to non existent, it actually smelled stronger before I lit it and the rim was chipped. No, I would not recommend them. Hope this helps, ignore Hattie, she is pushy and loud.

I bought a candle once. I am experienced in candle care so to speak but immediately, the candle did not burn to the edges and after 6 hours it was midnight and I had to give up and extinguish it and go to bed. Needless to say, it tunnelled and I got little burn time. Add to that, the fragrance was poor to non existent, it actually smelled stronger before I lit it and the rim was chipped. No, I would not recommend them. Hope this helps, ignore Hattie, she is pushy and loud.
Yes it does. I adore candles but want quality. I know people say it’s burning money. I love the ambience candles create.

Yes it does. I adore candles but want quality. I know people say it’s burning money. I love the ambience candles create.
I would PM Donna255. I know she has a rand she uses who are great quality and affordable. I just can't remember the name off the top of my head. Donna will put you in the right direction. I love candles too but don't burn them as often as I would like. Good hunting!

Just been reading a review from a lady who paid £59 for a large candle with four wicks. I think I remember seeing that.

She returned it as she said it smelled like petrol! They said it was ok when lit so they were slinging it back at her 😮

Why didn’t they just refund her? It’s only their opinion it smells ok when lit and her opinion is it smells of petrol when not.

Typical bully boy behaviour and it doesn't surprise me in the least. They tried emotonal blackmail (verging on bullying) on me to get me to accept a repair on a pair of earrings that were over £2000 from the Lorique range. The earrings arrived with a stone loose in the bag and when you felt the other stones, through the plastic you are forbidden to open, I felt at least 1 other stone that was wobbly. t took me 4 phone calls to eventually demand a refund and not a repair. They don't care about their customer's opinions or satisfaction, all they care about is the money and believe me, they will do all they can to keep hold of it.

I feel bad for this lady. She is out the cost of the candle, which was no bargain at all, plus two-way postage costs. I very much doubt she will get her money back from them but I really hope she makes a big stink (no pun intended) on social media and review platforms.

Ellis is raving about a reed diffuser today. However, she said if you like He, you will like this. Having bought one of the He diffusers, that is enough warning for me. So strong, I couldn't stand it in the house and had to put it in the garden and even then you could smell it when you opened the back door. Had to chuck it away in the end!

To be honest, TKMaxx is a great place to get great deals on candles. Prices candles are UK based and do some lovely fragrances. QVC does the odd TSV for them, but they are always in TKMaxx.

The crème de la crème of candles is a brand called Diptyque hand poured and going since 1963, now expensive I only buy if I can get an offer or save my points at SpaceNK.

The best candles will have soy or coconut wax which burns at a lower temp so will last longer.

I only burn candles on the weekend, so from 6-11 pm I don't do reeds as I have a cat who would be chewing the damn things.

I get candles from TKMaxx/Homesense too in fact Homesense is my happy place lol. I haven't seen a Diptyque candle in there for years though. I did like the Spring candle Gemporia did a couple of years ago, but when I bought it again last year, it wasn't as good. In a fit of insanity, I bought the expensive 4 wick Autumn candle last year too. It was ok, but it was very strong smelling (my husband hated it :LOL: )

No, they really can’t. Everything is a sales ploy to make customers feel like they have got an even better deal. After you’ve seen and heard the same waffle over and over again it means nothing. If any of it was actually true, you’d wonder how they could still be trading, given all the ineptitude.

Latest posts

Back