Catherine Huntley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What makes me laugh about this thread and the previous one referring to how crude CH is, is the utter hypocrisy of some posters.
Feigning shock at her comments. When reading back through some very base posts on ST made by the same posters who criticise CH for her crudeness. Come on, most of us like a bit of vulgarity and will join in on here when it suits us and this is a public forum too don't forget.
I have no feelings for CH one way or another but "people in glass houses etc":bandit:

I don't care what she says in her personal capacity, it's just now i know about the tweet I can't bear to watch her as I found it distasteful (I would if it were anyone posting on here or any acquaintance of mine). It just doesn't "gel" with the pretty, girly, flirty presenter she portrays.

I've read though her tweets and was shocked, but prefer to comment about her on air presentations.
Though I did think it was strange she had not had any problems before posts on here.
In her own words in making comments about fellow train passengers she said, "What if they are following me on tweeter ?"

I agree that what CH tweeted was a tad childish however the reaction by some is a bit OTT IMO.
Why get outraged and upset?.

I'm guessing it was when she realised that even many of her loyal fans were not devoted enough to want to share her preoccupation with her farts and toilet habits. She has not been criticised for something she didn't do or say very publicly. She got it wrong.....

But she didn't, did she? She used her twitter account. Fair enough. People criticised. Fair enough. But some people (and I'm not accusing anyone in particular) decided it was time to make very personal and, to be honest, quite nasty comments about her without it occurring to them that she might have feelings just like the rest of us. And that's really not fair at all.

catherine is lovely looking lady but her twittering and her gushing and now her deep sadness is too much for me.
she is actually a good presenter but gets carried away something she has no control of in public when presenting or takling nastiness on public forums.everytime i see her now i feel qeasy...:mysmilie_460:
I don't care what she says in her personal capacity, it's just now i know about the tweet I can't bear to watch her as I found it distasteful (I would if it were anyone posting on here or any acquaintance of mine). It just doesn't "gel" with the pretty, girly, flirty presenter she portrays.
Every time I see Catherine, I'm reminded of her tweet about her log disappearing down the toilet.:smirk:

Catherine should have thought through the consequences of seeking attention and then not being happy when inevitably not all the attention will be postiive or flattering.
Yeah its not like anyone forced her to start talking sh!t.:grin:

Isn't that precisely what she has done?

I thought she'd said she was going to stop tweeting or twitting or whatever it is they do on there. Is that not more like sulking than getting over? or alternatively hoping as many people as possible to twit twoo her saying 'aw please come back, we luuuuuurve you', to make her feel better.
Observations - not judgments. I personally couldnt give a rats either way.

I would imagine she's upset about any threads criticising her qvc presenting because she'd fear the bosses seeing it - that would be more worth worrying about I suppose. But you never know, maybe she's a big softy who would be more upset about the twittering stuff. Either way, I don't know if I'd be able to read ST if I were a presenter unless I'd had a stiff whisky first!

I couldn't really give a monkeys about what she wrote on Twitter but I have to say, I agree with previous posts about the utter rubbish she has spouted about diets on QVC.She was fanatical about Paul McKenna when he was on, absolutely swore by his system, even saying that at one point she did it a bit TOO well and lost too much weight. Then when he disappeared off QVC (anyone know why???) she went onto Diet Chef and started raving about that, which basically goes against everything the Paul McKenna system stood for!
Obviously, it is her job to present a wide range of products, but I wish the presenters would have a little more integrity and stop 'swearing by' one thing one minute, and then 'swearing by' something else the next.

I couldn't really give a monkeys about what she wrote on Twitter but I have to say, I agree with previous posts about the utter rubbish she has spouted about diets on QVC.She was fanatical about Paul McKenna when he was on, absolutely swore by his system, even saying that at one point she did it a bit TOO well and lost too much weight. Then when he disappeared off QVC (anyone know why???) she went onto Diet Chef and started raving about that, which basically goes against everything the Paul McKenna system stood for!

I'm certain he made a brief appearance on IW with that diet thing of his. Chuntley has done the same raving when Wayne Dyer has been on. That shes such a follower & devotee etc

I thought she'd said she was going to stop tweeting or twitting or whatever it is they do on there. Is that not more like sulking than getting over? or alternatively hoping as many people as possible to twit twoo her saying 'aw please come back, we luuuuuurve you', to make her feel better.
Observations - not judgments. I personally couldnt give a rats either way.

I'm not sure that stepping back for a while and refusing to get involved further for a while could be called sulking. Catherine has a lot of conversations with people on Twitter. I imagine the reason she mentioned that she was not going to tweet for a while was so as not to appear rude (by just disappearing) to those people and not necessarily for the benefit of those who have criticised her.
Also I believe from what she tweeted that some of the comments on twitter to her were less than kind. I doubt she regards everything that happens over here as the be all and end of of her existence. As, I'm sure, none of us do.

Latest posts

Back