changes in prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lizdelassa

Registered Shopper
Have you noticed that the prices of items has already changed? Most of the items I am referring to are jewellery but could affect across the board. I know that VAT will be rising in January so why hike the prices up now? Is it so that when they put them on special offer we fall for it believing we are getting a good deal?:taphead:

There are items that have gone down as well, but these are mainly in the clearance items range. I don't think QVC is consistent. I got my SIL to order a necklace from clearance for me advertised at £27.00 ish which she did. The next time I looked it had gone down to £19.00 ish. And when I ordered a ring TSV earlier in the year I paid £18.50 approx, my SIL wanted one and I paid £24.00 and it's now on introductory for £21.50 (approx).

BE CONSISTENT WITH YOUR PRICES QVC THIS HARDLY CONSTITUTES VALUE DOES IT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:down:

With jewellery, especially gold it may flucutate hence the rise. Though why have inconsitency of that magnitude is beyond me!

But yes, a lot of retailers are going to disguise a hike in prices with the VAT increase. Especially after the sale season abruptly ends in January.

Have you noticed that the prices of items has already changed? Most of the items I am referring to are jewellery but could affect across the board. I know that VAT will be rising in January so why hike the prices up now? Is it so that when they put them on special offer we fall for it believing we are getting a good deal?:taphead:

There are items that have gone down as well, but these are mainly in the clearance items range. I don't think QVC is consistent. I got my SIL to order a necklace from clearance for me advertised at £27.00 ish which she did. The next time I looked it had gone down to £19.00 ish. And when I ordered a ring TSV earlier in the year I paid £18.50 approx, my SIL wanted one and I paid £24.00 and it's now on introductory for £21.50 (approx).

BE CONSISTENT WITH YOUR PRICES QVC THIS HARDLY CONSTITUTES VALUE DOES IT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:down:

Think the necklace might have moved to last click from clearance hence the price drop.

This could be because qvc only apply the introductory price on the day its is going to be aired after the tsv day. Hope this makes sense!

I have seen a big jump in Honora prices though!!

I suppose like any retailer they will charge as much as they can until they see a fall in sales on specific items, and tweak the prices accordingly.

Latest posts

Back