Christmas candles/Yankee Burning

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am the worst person in the world at describing fragrances I'm afraid TLL, so I've just copied and pasted this from google, I hope it helps....?

• Top: Solar Cinnamon, Sunshine, Lemondrop.
  • Mid: Solar Accord, Coconut, Sandalwood, Sugared Musk.
  • Base: Amber, Praline, Handwritten Letters.
Thank you that’s helpful :)
Though still bit stuck on some - as per Twilight’s post 😉

I have purchased liz earle small rose and ginger candle. 18.00 free p and p at Q or 13.50 direct with free p and p, however I can't seem to get myself to light it so might have to order a 2nd one but I want the beekman ex tsv and my money for Christmas is quickly running out after buying last week's liz earle and l occitane tsv..

I've got Holiday Hearth and Twinkling Lights on the go from the earlier TSV (both gorgeous) as well as Christmas Morning Punch from last year - love me an Xmas candle 😍 have also got Harry Slatkin's White Birch plugin going in the hall 🤩
hi Tarketta. I've got the Harry Slatkin White Birch candle in the pottery Christmas tree shape ( it's massive btw🙄). Is it a good scent, smells ok cold sniff but still unsure. Thanks

I have tried YC but also could only smell the paraffin but have that with most candles, even Neom for me are not great.I would love a home with fragrance have a Neom Reed diffuser in my livingroom right now & it needn’t be there.Is it my nose & sense of smell?
No disrespect intended, but sense of smell declines with age. However you may be in your twenties, in which case, it's the diffuser that isn't strong enough.

How does the letters to Santa smell, it’s such an esoteric/ mysterious name?!

I like the name but don’t remember that one!

I’m quite surprised people are burning Christmas type scents already?!
I still think 1st December is way too early! (Though I like decorations up about 1 weekend before Christmas!)

Maybe it would help me feel remotely festive this year to burn some more wintry and festive scents sooner?

Atm I have YC dried lavender and oak burning - first time - which I got for £10 so risked it!
I adore the scent - but it is the sootiest candle I’ve ever owned! (Maybe burning too long too!)

White Company do some lovely winter fragrances but so £££ and not the best throw still.
Lavender Oak from yankee is one of my favourites. I can't get enough of it along with Snow in Love

I am burning Golden Chestnut and Autumn Gathering together as I am trying to get through my stash and determined they aren’t going back in the cupboard. They are very autumny. I can’t wait to get christmas candles out, maybe this weekend 👍 My favourite christmas candle is currently Glistening Star - it is gorgeous.

Lavender Oak from yankee is one of my favourites. I can't get enough of it along with Snow in Love
Oh that’s funny, they’re both my faves!
Not sure what it is I like about them but both have both freshness and a musky or woodiness?
(Alongside Midnight Jasmine which I’ll always love!)

Love fruity and spicy Christmas candles - and some of the pine-type ones - but I hate anything baking related!
Or sweet and vanilla based... Ugh!

I don't really like the baking ones either but Yankee used to do one called Merry Marshmallow and I just loved it. Reminded me of Granny's house at Christmas. Discontinued of course. I liked the Jack Frost one as well but that's no longer around. I might try and sneak in some Slatkin candles to try and then once I've half burned them and no longer want them I can sell them on half price to the Qurio lady :LOL:

I love scented candles but they do have to smell of something but not cinnamon, I've developed a horrid sick feeling when I smell it and it's overpowering.

CC

hi Tarketta. I've got the Harry Slatkin White Birch candle in the pottery Christmas tree shape ( it's massive btw🙄). Is it a good scent, smells ok cold sniff but still unsure. Thanks
Cashers, oh I've got the tree in green, they're gorgeous aren't they, can't wait to burn mine! The white birch plug in is my favourite of all the ones I've tried so far - ok I know I'm a bit of a sucker with these things, but to my nose it really does make me think of walking through a snowy forest and just taking in all those lovely cold clean scents, reckon you'll love it 😍

I am burning Golden Chestnut and Autumn Gathering together as I am trying to get through my stash and determined they aren’t going back in the cupboard. They are very autumny. I can’t wait to get christmas candles out, maybe this weekend 👍 My favourite christmas candle is currently Glistening Star - it is gorgeous.
Oooooo Glittering star I forgot about that scent I have loads. Gorgeous!

Cashers, oh I've got the tree in green, they're gorgeous aren't they, can't wait to burn mine! The white birch plug in is my favourite of all the ones I've tried so far - ok I know I'm a bit of a sucker with these things, but to my nose it really does make me think of walking through a snowy forest and just taking in all those lovely cold clean scents, reckon you'll love it 😍
ooh thanks Tarketta, I really want to start burning it! Love all the ozone fresh scents. They are massive aren't they? God knows where I will put it after Christmas 🎄!!😄

Can any of the YC experts on the forum name a Christmas fragrance that was lavender coloured? A couple of years ago I was given a collection of Christmas tealights, it must have been a US import because I didn't recognise many of them, & this one was gorgeous.

ooh thanks Tarketta, I really want to start burning it! Love all the ozone fresh scents. They are massive aren't they? God knows where I will put it after Christmas 🎄!!😄
Uh Oh, I've got FOMO here and I'm not even on Qurio. Where can I see these trees? Didn't see them on the website although I'm clear blind sometimes. Cant' see things with eyes wide shut.

CC

Latest posts

Back