Yankee Candle Coming Back?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sazza

Staff member
There is a Yankee Candle show listed on 29th October at 3pm. It is less than two years since they left so quick comeback if they are indeed returning.

Well, they have been closing their own brand shops in the UK. I noticed they disappeared this year from two large shopping centres here. Strangely, the Molton Brown shops are doing well, so people are will to spend. I see YC in the loyal chemists on offer all the time and not the Home whatever ones, the real YC. Moving back to QVC might be they want to continue to make money? I have said many times never a fan of the brand.

love yankee candles (also woodwick too which is a part of them) but i dont believe nothing till i start seeing new items & dont get me started on the stupid home inspirations range they make for supermarkets & other places (they are nowhere as nice or good value) but the normal housewarmer range is fantastic

also check out there new signature soy wax ones they look amazing https://www.yankeecandle.co.uk/yankee-candle/candles/shop-by-type/signature-large-jar-candles/

I would be beyond excited if they came back, and Rosa with them. However, although the new format looks lovely, I noted that the burn time has gone way down whilst the price has gone up. Although they still work out cheaper than some candles which sound great but have a ridiculously low burn time for the money, they are still an expensive purchase, plus the tarts and tea lights have both, I think, been discontinued. (I replaced those with crumble pots from Wax Addicts, excellent). I still have a huge number of housewarmer jars with matching tarts/crumble pots and tea lights/votives to get through so my plan is to finish all those before buying more candles. Of course I know this plan will come under severe pressure if they return to Q!! 😂😂😂

Last edited:
I’ve just been looking at that link SCW kindly provided and noticed these latest Christmas scents are also in the old housewarmer formats. They were getting rid of that for the bulk of their scents, and I wonder if the new, dearer soy format caused a slump in sales from the diehard fans who felt ripped off, or if it is for Christmas only. I wish I hadn’t spotted that now or my plan to abstain from purchasing may be derailed. 😂😂

I would be beyond excited if they came back, and Rosa with them. However, although the new format looks lovely, I noted that the burn time has gone way down whilst the price has gone up. Although they still work out cheaper than some candles which sound great but have a ridiculously low burn time for the money, they are still an expensive purchase, plus the tarts and tea lights have both, I think, been discontinued. (I replaced those with crumble pots from Wax Addicts, excellent). I still have a huge number of housewarmer jars with matching tarts/crumble pots and tea lights/votives to get through so my plan is to finish all those before buying more candles. Of course I know this plan will come under severe pressure if they return to Q!! 😂😂😂
If true I sadly dont think it will be with Rosa. She commented to someone on X or Instagram last week that she no longer works for yankee. Obviously sticking with the bears 😊

I used to like some of the Yankee accessories they sold on QVC, but there are jars I bought years ago that are still in the cupboard that I've used once or twice and then stored away. The reviews were shocking before they left Q so it was no surprise when there was a parting of the ways, with the same complaints about uneven burning, sooting and lack of fragrance. And the price now of one large candle direct is absurd (£28 or something). Rosa was great though, and always good company to have on in the background.

Boots have the YC star gift out at the moment…..

I usually get this but I really don’t like the medium jars….
You used to get a couple of small jars, votives, and some tea lights. Its a shame as they were good quality

Latest posts

Back