Christmas is coming music straw poll.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sleepydove

Registered Shopper
As I was talking about music the other day, I was wondering what other people think of the Christmas promo music which QVC have dug out of their (what can we do to annoy Sleepydove) cupboard from last year.
I personally think it is annoyingly,creepy and not that Christmassy and snippets of it are being played constantly :mysmilie_1:
Is it just me that hates it so much??

Yes .......if you like it
No.........if you hate it.

Never heard it to be honest. But really hate it in stores from ****** November usually. Just a hint of The Little Drummer Boy and I want to beat everyone over the head.

Hate it .Its very irritating.Surely they are not going to play it from now to Christmas Day.

Oh yes they are!

Gets on my nerves. And do you notice that very few of the items are actually sold by Q. I'm pretty sure that the small peddal car with tree on top isn't. It's like the promos for "fashion" but we can never find the handbags.

If JLP or Marks run a promo I sort of expect the items to actually be on sale in their stores.

I think it's a beautiful piece of music, but it was irritating by November last year, so it's going to get seriously irritating for a second year in a row.

As I was talking about music the other day, I was wondering what other people think of the Christmas promo music which QVC have dug out of their (what can we do to annoy Sleepydove) cupboard from last year.
I personally think it is annoyingly,creepy and not that Christmassy and snippets of it are being played constantly :mysmilie_1:
Is it just me that hates it so much??

Yes .......if you like it
No.........if you hate it.

I actually quite liked it last year!! Heard it too much this year already and probably best to change the tune...as they say!!? :mysmilie_61:

LOL Donna! Being in touch with my puerile self it makes me smile as I remember at school singing "rub a bare bum", but only for the first half dozen replays! By December it's already doing my head in too!

And poor Beth, that awful bit with the terrible hairstyle. Bad enough 1 year but imagine having to look at it every year Q roll it out.

I am rather enjoying it, especially the xmas surprise jingle! However, I can't believe it's xmas from here on in? Mind you, I bought 3 gifts today - so I guess it has started for me.

I will be driven away if it is Christmas from here on. Especially since Christmas has now become a particularly emotionally painful time for me. I might save the money and book an escape from christmas this year. Anyone any good ideas on where you can go to escape Xmas?

I don't watch it often enough for it to get on my chesticles, although I am surprised they've used the same Christmas promo as last year, but let's put it this way, I wouldn't like to hear the "arrrrrrrrhh" after I've just watched Halloween on my own...........message to self, never channel hop over to QVC in case you catch the Christmas promo having just watched Halloween on Sky home alone because your husband is on a works night out.

I will be driven away if it is Christmas from here on. Especially since Christmas has now become a particularly emotionally painful time for me. I might save the money and book an escape from christmas this year. Anyone any good ideas on where you can go to escape Xmas?

Christmas is universal, despite mad local authorities thinking that people from Muslim countries will be offended. So if you can't get away from Christmas, why not totally reverse your ideas of Christmas, get rid of all that snow and robbins nonsense, and spend some time in a hot climate? Thailand is cheap, Dubai and other Arab countries closer.... all of them have Santas walking the streets of the shopping malls, but when the sweat is running down between your shoulder blades, it is a blessed change from fog and damp Christmases.

I think any song, at any time of the year, can quickly become detestable if you cannot escape from it! I feel for all the staff in shops who have to endure an autorepeat of festive music - one of the many reasons I don't believe they should start Christmas until November.

I can't stand it, but then I can't stand any sort of choir music.

When Boots had that 'Here come the girls' song as their advert tune a while ago, I was shopping in there just before Christmas one year. I was in there about half an hour or so, during that time the song must have been played about 4 or 5 times, it was irritating beyond belief. I mentioned it to the girl who served me, she told me it was played almost on a loop, all day every day, all the staff had complained but were told it was their ad song so customers expected to hear it whilst Christmas shopping.
Do companies think we are gluttons for punishment?

And I forgot to add, as you will be feeling emotionally low, you may be wonderfully surprised at the kindness of strangers in foreign lands at Christmas...I am always alone, and have met wonderful people. So have a pre-season hug through the ether to start your holiday searching, chin up, and walk into the future knowing that happy surprises and pleasant new emotions may well await you in a complete change of scene from the Christmases you are familiar with.

You will be glad you had the courage to get away from QVC's and other advertisers nauseating commercial jingles!

I hate almost all Christmas music. I actually despise the naff old records that are trotted out year after f***ing year. Some of those songs make me want to vomit, particularly Jonah Lewie (dobba, dobba dom dom, dobba dobba dom dobba dom dom dobba dom dobba dobba dom!) and that horrible "Step into Christmas," and perhaps most of all, Slade. The bit where the kids start singing "I wish it could be Christmas...." makes me feel queasy. Oddly enough I don't mind some of the Cliff Richard ones - "Saviour's Day" was bearable (although I doubt Cliff's sincerity). I hate it when on QVC they have sleigh bells chinking loudly on promos. Eugh!

I've had enough of it already and we're still only in October. At least it's easy enough to channel-hop to escape it.

I hate it, it sets my teeth on edge. I despair at how early Christmas promotion is getting every year to the point where I'm starting to hate it. I'm not religious so I use Christmas week to spend with my family and take time to appreciate what I have and who I have in my life. It troubles me that people feel pressured into spending lots of money to have the perfect Christmas.

Latest posts

Back