Claire Sutton..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lemonsqueezy

Nice 'n Easy...
Gosh- haven't seen her on air for some time, quite shocked as she seems to have aged a lot and is so heavily over made up...not a good look.

It makes watching her childish, giggly down with the kids presenting even more embarrassing. I noticed she hasn't said "wicked" for a while now, maybe she thought she was pushing getting down with the kids just that little bit too far. To be honest I could put with all that, it's her constantly interupting and her low cut tops that make me switch over.

It makes watching her childish, giggly down with the kids presenting even more embarrassing. I noticed she hasn't said "wicked" for a while now, maybe she thought she was pushing getting down with the kids just that little bit too far. To be honest I could put with all that, it's her constantly interupting and her low cut tops that make me switch over.

I agree with you, sometimes her laugh and giggles sounds so artificial and she talks as if she is talking to a room of children. It is a put on act as sometimes she has been observed (by members here as well as me )talking in a normal manner. Low cut tops do not suit her .
She is a good looking woman with lovely, amazing hair and I have always seen her well dressed (except when wearing low cut tops).
I wonder if she got into talking like that when she had her son Tom.

Claire was on quite late for her yesterday - including the last hour of the day. Perhaps she was looking particularly tired because of the late hours she was doing?

I agree that her eye-makeup in particular was very dark and unusually heavy for her. That combined with her tan (whether faux or real) did make her look older.

I've never been keen on Claire "Mutton" Sutton. That voice IS totally fake and not at all what she sounds like when the camera isn't pointing in her direction. I think she just found the bimbette format worked to an extent and didn't see any reason to change it.

I agree Claire S can be annoying with the silly girly voice, but I also think she must have a pretty hectic home life, I think she has got three children... and I believe her eldest child has down syndrome which must be very demanding/ worrying at times. I certainly wouldn't want to change places with her...Imo if she had her hair cut it would take years off her, it is too long and brassy looking.

I also thought she looked older suddenly when I saw her yesterday. Her hair is lovely and she is one of the very very few presenters I can watch.

I have never been overly keen on Claire's presenting style, as someone put it previously, as if she is treating her viewing audience as children. I think some of this comes from the nature she has, and personally, I have a friend who has a Downs Syndrome child, so I give a lot of credit to Claire because although these children are very loving, they can also be very stressful on parent's and family life, and can be a handful and very strong when annoyed about something, I've seen this at first hand. So, unlike some of her co-presenters who have a relatively easy home life, I give Claire a big thumbs up - so if she talks to me like a child, I simply shrug it off.

Regardless of her personal circumstances, I simply cannot tolerate her or her presenting style.

Claire's OK if she'd cut out all that shrieking and giggling around. I've always thought she looks very glamorous but I think it's her hair, she definitely needs it for her image. I wish she'd stop saying "juicy bottom" as well as I imagine someone taking a big bite out of such a thing - shudder!

CC

I think her hair is awful.

I also don't believe the way she talks has anything to do with her personal family circumstances.

She's like a number 145th runner in a Farrah Fawcett lookalike contest from 1977 who hasn't changed style. I can't stand her awful simpering, baby voice. Her voice is like a can of Lyle's Golden Syrup with a tin of Johnson's Baby Powder mixed in! She behaves like a spring chicken when she's more of a sinewy old broiler!

Last edited:
I admire her if she is coping with a very demanding family life for whatever reasons, and I wouldn't say she's someone I just cannot watch, but I do find her giggly "little girl" act silly and sickly, and she comes over as rather full of herself. A pity, because she may well be a very nice lady in real life outside QVC. I always think of her as someone who was a very pretty teenager and young woman, with a career as a dancer and her head turning with all the attention. I know from examples in my own circle that women like this can find it extremely difficult to adjust to getting older and seeing other younger women taking up the role they once had, with all the attention involved. In short, they struggle with the natural process of getting older which we all have to go through and are reluctant to 'pass the baton' to the youngsters and let them be the silly, giggly ones! They are so used to being the one in the limelight that they find it hard to let go of their look at me, me, me attitude. The babytalk and simpering does her no favours.

I must be the only one on here who loves her hair.

No dark roots showing, no shimmer block, well turned out- if they were all as good as Claire it wouldn't be so bad.

I would quite like to see a new style but that Is just for a change. In the trailer for the style channel where she has her hair in a very grown up style and looks fab, but I think it is always in very good condition.

AND most of all NO hard sell. Perhaps a wee bit too jolly hockey sticks but at least it is not simpering or rolling eyes.

All in all, far from being the top 10 to push of a cliff.

She had shoulder length hair and no harsh eyeliner around the eyes when I first started watching - a very attractive girl, but since she took to wearing top & bottom eyeliner these past few years, its made her (as it does a lot of others) very 'hard' looking and she's lost a bit of fullness in her face too.

Latest posts

Back