Cockney Julia flogging the B&W TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Laura L'occitane Earle

Registered Shopper
Anyone else notice how cockney Julia was while selling the B&W watch at midnight? Her usually plummy tones were nowhere to be seen. It was all "I wanna", "it's gettin' busy on the phones", "item numbah", "gonna", "faverit" and "blaaack". At one point, she even did a little cockney rendition of the hokey cokey! It looks like DF's market speak has rubbed off on Julia. Oh well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, eh Julia?

she often changes the way she speaks the other week she suddenly started talking in a very posh plummy accent. she seems to change according to who she's talking too at the time or who's she's trying to impress

she often changes the way she speaks the other week she suddenly started talking in a very posh plummy accent. she seems to change according to who she's talking too at the time or who's she's trying to impress

Pleased I'm not the only one, thought I was going mad last night as Julia seemed to be speaking differently. She does get over excited when Simon's on, she likes to give the impression they have some kind of special relationship :rolleyes:.

I sometimes unconsciously start to talk like the person I am speaking to, especially when I am on the phone and especially especially when its an accent that I like. People in the office notice it but I honestly dont realise that I am doing it!

Bet

Often people who are musically trained end up mimicking people's accents as they are trained to tune their ear into what they hear. i know I do it all the time much to my friends amusement! And of course people do sometimes think I'm taking the p!ss out of their accent but I'm really not!

Isn't Jules always on about how musical she and her family are? It could just be that. Or she could be a social climbing spanner who tries to sound posh but ends up slipping into her real accent...haha!

Latest posts

Back