Cozee Home TSV 20/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

[
QUOTE=sharonk;822709]See this is why I love you lot....I was tempted but came on here to check out the colours, to me what theyre calling rose looks more like a strong peachy orange to me and I was was going through the comments on here When i struck gold. Someone mentioned you can't get dog hairs off the material. Thanks chuck, you have just saved me the pain of buying then regretting my actions. I love you x[/QUOTE]

I agree so much with you ...invaluable forum .....our doggy does not shed ...but how handy to know this sharonk...you've saved your self a whole lot of bovver :mysmilie_59: My friend highly recemmeded these ...so i took the plunge ...can't wait as I am a very very cold person ....will give feed back asap xx

Advice please

I received my TSV set this week (I wasn't going to buy it but hey ...). It feels really silky smooth and soft and I couldn't help but notice as I unpacked it on the bed, the difference between the new fabric and the one I bought last year as a TSV (the scroll design) which is on my bed at the moment and has been washed maybe three/four times. The older one is still pretty soft and nice in use but it has definitely lost the exceptionally smooth, silky feel (if it ever had it?). It hasn't gone 'bobbly' as cheap cotton bedding goes but the pile has sort of separated to give a more lived-in or textured look. Both sets are described as 'fleece' not 'plush' or some such.

Can any Cozee fans advise: do you think the new set I just received is a new, improved fabric, or would older sets have been exactly the same brand new (maybe I have forgotten?) and use/washing has taken its toll? If the latter, any clues as to how to keep the new set like it is now? I don't use fabric conditioner when I wash Cozee bedding, as I think they suggest. I live in a fairly hard water area but use a water softener tablet - maybe that's not a good idea. Also, sometimes I have line-dried after washing, sometimes tumble-dried. I wonder which is better? Maybe the change in feel of Cozee Home bedding is inevitable once you use and wash it? But if anyone has managed to keep theirs better, please could you let me know how and what you use, etc.

washing will deterioate the fibres. its only the very very very best stuff that washes repetedly without showing any change and even then you will get some fading of colours.

Fibres may deteriorate but fleece is virtually impossible to wear out. I use my one set of cozee virtually all the time and there has been very little difference in the quality

I have 2 sets of Cozee Homes fleece bedding which have been used throughout the year, yes, even in summer. I wash them with aldi's detergent, tumble dry gently then put into the airing cupboard till the next use and they're as soft and warm as when I first bought them as a TSV the year after they were first introduced. In fact I think the velvety-topped one has become softer with use.

Interesting that you good people have not found any difference in your fleece bedding. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong then? The set on my bed at the moment which has been washed a few times is still lovely and cosy but, as I say, compared to the set which I've just unpacked, it has definitely lost the ultra-smooth silkiness.

Interesting that you good people have not found any difference in your fleece bedding. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong then? The set on my bed at the moment which has been washed a few times is still lovely and cosy but, as I say, compared to the set which I've just unpacked, it has definitely lost the ultra-smooth silkiness.

Some of mine have lost their softness, too - specifically the scroll embroidered ones. I've been more careful with the mink one and have washed on 30 degrees (I used 40 degrees on the scroll ones, so maybe it's my own fault), and this set has kept its softness.

I wish I'd have washed one set of scroll on 30 and one on 40 to see if it was the washing and not the fabric itself.

Some of mine have lost their softness, too - specifically the scroll embroidered ones. I've been more careful with the mink one and have washed on 30 degrees (I used 40 degrees on the scroll ones, so maybe it's my own fault), and this set has kept its softness.

I wish I'd have washed one set of scroll on 30 and one on 40 to see if it was the washing and not the fabric itself.

It's such a shame when you lose that real baby softness, isn't it? I have only ever washed at 30 degrees so I can't blame temperature but I've decided to give liquid detergent a go as I have an idea my washing machine may not rinse as well as it used to and maybe there is some powder residue in the fibres after washing. I do sometimes get those white patches on black fabric and that is apparently caused by poor rinsing (either from the machine generally or from over-loading so the rinse water can't circulate properly). I am optimistic that liquid detergent will help by Cozee bedding and it's definitely worth a try.

I have an early scroll set. I wash it in detergent without fabric conditioner on 30c. It seems soft to me. But if I compare it to my much washed plush fleece dressing gown, the dressing gown is softer. My plush slanket is softer too but that has not been washed. I do notice that if I stroke the fleece dressing gown in the wrong direction it appears rougher.

I bought the first set sold - completely plain. It's been washed a lot more and at 40 degrees quite a few times and it's much, much softer than my scroll set.

However, I have to be careful as it bobbles where my lower legs are if I have shaving stubble!

I bought the first set sold - completely plain. It's been washed a lot more and at 40 degrees quite a few times and it's much, much softer than my scroll set.

However, I have to be careful as it bobbles where my lower legs are if I have shaving stubble!

It does seem that a few people on here are finding the scroll design set less soft, as I have. Well, I have washed the new TSV set for the first time with a liquid detergent and I think it has helped but I'll have to see how it fares after a few washes.

Interesting - Cozee Home is a relatively new brand to QVC, and at first everyone noticed the superior quality compared with other fleece bedding. Seems that recently the quality of some sets (maybe particularly TSVs?) is less than others...

Interesting - Cozee Home is a relatively new brand to QVC, and at first everyone noticed the superior quality compared with other fleece bedding. Seems that recently the quality of some sets (maybe particularly TSVs?) is less than others...

I fear that's right. I am not someone who thinks nail polishes, designer bags, etc specially made for QVC are necessarily of lesser quality (although I am sure it is sometimes the case) so I take every item as I find. I am prepared to accept that the increased roughness of the scroll Cozee set I have is down to using the wrong detergent and/or the harder water where I live, but it's weird that that scroll set, my most recent purchase until the TSV this month, seems worse than others.

I called customer services to ask to be put in touch with someone from Cozee who could at least answer my specific queries about detergent and using softeners but, nice as the QVC guy was on the phone, I got no joy. The query was passed on to the CS people 'behind the scenes' but I just received an unhelpful email which was the copied and pasted "Easy care" wording from the description of the TSV on the Q site. I am determined to keep the new set as soft as it was on arrival but not getting much help from QVC in the way I would from John Lewis and M&S (as I know from experience).

I have found with later sets (I tend to give my older sets to family/friends that want to try CH and never get them back!), that washing with a non-bio liquid has helped. The enzymes in bio, liquid or powder, seem to stiffen the fabric up.

I've had the best results with the TSV with the scroll design all over one side (not embroided), with Tesco's own wool wash. And I only used it because I'd bought some wool items and loved the smell of my washing (no fabric conditioner).

I have found with later sets (I tend to give my older sets to family/friends that want to try CH and never get them back!), that washing with a non-bio liquid has helped. The enzymes in bio, liquid or powder, seem to stiffen the fabric up.

I've had the best results with the TSV with the scroll design all over one side (not embroided), with Tesco's own wool wash. And I only used it because I'd bought some wool items and loved the smell of my washing (no fabric conditioner).

Thanks, I'm going to buy some of that!

Is anyone else being driven mad by the shedding of fibres from this TSV?
Not sure whether to return it :down:

Good old miracle Acdo is the best for softness and it cleans well too. Vegetable based and even though the box looks small compared to other washing powders it`s because it`s also suitable for twin tubs ( do people still have them ?? ) and handwashing, so you only need 35 ml of powder per load for an automatic machine. I buy mine from Home Bargains but I daresay supermarkets have it too but it will probably be tucked away on a top or bottom shelf.
I used it when my children were babies for their terry nappies and baby clothes and even though the packaging has changed, the powder is much the same.

Is anyone else being driven mad by the shedding of fibres from this TSV?
Not sure whether to return it :down:

I washed my set when it arrived and it's been on my bed since Sunday but I've not noticed any shedding at all. Sounds like you have a faulty set so ring for a return label.

Latest posts

Back