credit to mike mason

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ffs, "hate" is such a strong word. I've never known anyone on here to say they "hate" Mike Mason - all the people want is some truth with the sales pitch... that's pretty much it... and he seems to be getting the drift and selling well now. :up:

Why these fans have to facebook/text etc saying such ludicrous things is utter bolox and just stir up unnecessary trouble.

ffs, "hate" is such a strong word. I've never known anyone on here to say they "hate" Mike Mason - all the people want is some truth with the sales pitch... that's pretty much it... and he seems to be getting the drift and selling well now. :up:

Why these fans have to facebook/text etc saying such ludicrous things is utter bolox and just stir up unnecessary trouble.

Spot on Paul. I wonder if these texts are sent by fans in the singular or plural?

Maybe Mikey didn't read out where the text said 'sent by Ryan on Mike's old Vodafone 354'. :happy:

Last edited:
tbf the text did not say he hated mike

it said something along the lines of "ignore the haters"

I imagine there is a raft of bid customers who felt cheated, lied to and miss sold who haven't even heard of ST.com let alone posted on here. I am sure Mike imagines if he got a text of hate (which I don't think is nice at all or needed) he assumes it is one of us but I am willing to put a fiver it wouldn't be. If only because I wouldn't want them having my mobile number! But I try not to hate anyone in real life let alone someone I am never going to met.

I imagine there is a raft of bid customers who felt cheated, lied to and miss sold who haven't even heard of ST.com let alone posted on here. I am sure Mike imagines if he got a text of hate (which I don't think is nice at all or needed) he assumes it is one of us but I am willing to put a fiver it wouldn't be. If only because I wouldn't want them having my mobile number! But I try not to hate anyone in real life let alone someone I am never going to met.

I can say with total honesty I have never texted any Sit Up channel. Firstly I wouldn't want them to have my mobile number, I get enough spam marketing texts. Second I genuinely wouldn't waste even 10p for a text message on them. Third I would much rather highlight Sit Up's shortcomings on here, if just one person has read that many of Bid's products can be bought far cheaper elsewhere then that will do me.

But most importantly as they wouldn't read out anything negative anyway what would be the point? It would seem far wiser to highlight their many failings on here to a wide audience because let's face it, you certainly cannot say anything negative about them on their facebook pages (as we know it will be quickly removed, do you all remember the tanzanite valuations?), and you definitely cannot even review any of their products on their own website.

Clear and transparent my ..................! :down:

Last edited:
yes, you're right newtobid, the text said something like 'keep up the good work and ignore the haters'
I agree that 'hate' is an incredibly strong word that probably most of us wouldn't use.
I also agree with the person who said Mike seemed upset by it, I think he really was hurt and Kiri didn't help with her childish joking 'you've got haters'
But Mike was absolutely brilliant in the way he handled it, he was so dignified and professional and had to divert Kiri as well.
Mike, if those are your true colours then let's have that all the time, you showed you can handle yourself professionally and with dignity along with managing colleagues, you've clearly got the skills; that and your appropriate fun and humour have made you a pleasure to watch recently.

Thank you for your acknowledgement M&M xxx

I don't think the person was accurate who sent the text to Mike, Mike already knew about the negative comments (hopefully positive ones too) as he's mentioned negative forums comments before. I don't think there is any hate towards him on here or anywhere I have seen so the person texting him saying he has haters really didn't help and was totally wrong. Perhaps a fair minded person who belongs to Mikes FB group could at least pass on a message that the majority of people here actually like him.
People texting him saying he has haters should grow up imo.

I don't think the person was accurate who sent the text to Mike, Mike already knew about the negative comments (hopefully positive ones too) as he's mentioned negative forums comments before. I don't think there is any hate towards him on here or anywhere I have seen so the person texting him saying he has haters really didn't help and was totally wrong. Perhaps a fair minded person who belongs to Mikes FB group could at least pass on a message that the majority of people here actually like him.
People texting him saying he has haters should grow up imo.

Indeed Mr M, people sending those texts is quite hateful in itself. As is people, on their own facebook page, posting blanket insults about everyone on an entire forum.

Some people have very short memories :wink:

Indeed Mr M, people sending those texts is quite hateful in itself. As is people, on their own facebook page, posting blanket insults about everyone on an entire forum.

Some people have very short memories :wink:

Very true, its almost as if certain people want there to be hatred as it gives them an opportunity to run to Mikes defence and no doubt scuttle back to certain fanpages & point out their loyalty. I think that's how the problem started in the first place when certain people went running back to the fanpage & there was a very nasty comment made about the entire forum as you say. Its such a shame that Mike probably doesn't get the nice praise & messages passed on to him that are posted here, perhaps Peter Sherlock may help us out and show certain presenters that we aren't a bunch of haters & actually give praise more often than not.

Very true, its almost as if certain people want there to be hatred as it gives them an opportunity to run to Mikes defence and no doubt scuttle back to certain fanpages & point out their loyalty. I think that's how the problem started in the first place when certain people went running back to the fanpage & there was a very nasty comment made about the entire forum as you say. Its such a shame that Mike probably doesn't get the nice praise & messages passed on to him that are posted here, perhaps Peter Sherlock may help us out and show certain presenters that we aren't a bunch of haters & actually give praise more often than not.

if somebody does send the messages from here to Mike be rest assured the ones referring to him as a wide boy are taken out

Latest posts

Back