Damaged item. My mum is so disappointed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

FreyjaMidnight

Registered Shopper
I got my mum a candle as a late Easter gift because she loves her candles. Gemporia isn't somewhere I'd normally get candles from, but I saw one she would like as she was raving to me about the ones she had bought from there. Arrived today damaged. So disappointed.

I was also shocked to find that they don't send a postage label paid for to return an item! I don't often buy from them so haven't returned anything before.

I'm now worried after seeing some people in this thread have issues with their returns process and them denying something was returned. My mum said she'd never had any issues before buying homewares from there so I'm wondering if things arriving broken is a new problem?

I got my mum a candle as a late Easter gift because she loves her candles. Gemporia isn't somewhere I'd normally get candles from, but I saw one she would like as she was raving to me about the ones she had bought from there. Arrived today damaged. So disappointed.

I was also shocked to find that they don't send a postage label paid for to return an item! I don't often buy from them so haven't returned anything before.

I'm now worried after seeing some people in this thread have issues with their returns process and them denying something was returned. My mum said she'd never had any issues before buying homewares from there so I'm wondering if things arriving broken is a new problem?
Hello I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I love Gemporia candles too and have never had any issues. I would just contact the call centre to explain. Legally they need to replace a damaged item, if they have stock, allowing you to return the faulty item, refunding your original postage and cost to return. Or if you prefer a refund for the candle they should refund the original postage and cost to return as well.

I've always found them very good at replacing items and they will refund the postage too if something is faulty or broken in transit. I send things back by special delivery so I can track the item. I've never had an issue

Thank you so much. I have emailed customer support and they let me know ow they'll look out for the return and will refund the postage and replace the candle.

My mum may get her easter present yet (even if it's a bit late)

Latest posts

Back