Debbie Does Devon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DF was with Ideal World at the beginning, but don't hold that against them, and it was funny because I remember her slagging off QVC at almost every available opportunity, the thing was though, they didn't like her at Ideal World, the bosses couldn't stand her (shock! :mysmilie_17:) so she was left/pushed and voila! for her, all of a sudden she must've thought that QVC wasn't so bad after all. :mysmilie_15:

Sorry, by the time I'd finished my last post above, you had posted this so you answered the question!

A year or so ago someone posted a video link to a documentary about Flinty Bint starting up IW.

maybe someone can post a link if anyone is interested.

A year or so ago someone posted a video link to a documentary about Flinty Bint starting up IW.

maybe someone can post a link if anyone is interested.

Was it this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN7aefs9P4A

There's also a DF Showreel if you are up to it! Go on, you know you want to and you are dying to see her Sheena Easton impersonation and hear some smutty comments ... and it's only 4 mins 40 secs long: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J8PC7QGmHQ

I only lasted 1 min 33 sec of the showreel. I thought they were supposed to be,your best bits. I thought it was awful. Can't face the other one after that.

I'm confused. Is the Retreat the coffee shop venture, or a separate business project but both in Devon ? I read the blurb for the Retreat and for 80 quid a night I wouldn't want to share a bathroom -- be it upstairs or downstairs !!

I'm confused. Is the Retreat the coffee shop venture, or a separate business project but both in Devon ? I read the blurb for the Retreat and for 80 quid a night I wouldn't want to share a bathroom -- be it upstairs or downstairs !!

I'm not sure the tea/coffee shop is up and running yet, is it? The Retreat is an existing B&B business and DF has gone in with the woman (another Debbie) who has been running it, with a view to taking over completely at some point. It's aimed at writers who will be encouraged and advised by a renowned, prolific author of popular novels - that's Debbe Flint, in case you were wondering.

Ooh it's just like the Bloomsbury set or the Inklings meeting at the Eagle & Child, bouncing ideas over a hot Vimto and a jammy scone to produce some of the century's greatest written works!

NOT!

I watched it for the first couple of minutes, I've seen it before. Two things strike me one is why doesn't Claire Sutton act and talk like that when she's on air if she did she'd be lovely and relatable instead of the sexy, girly, airhead she likes to be perceived as, I don't get that, the other is how clear from the start it's been that QVC want desperately to be so much more that a shopping channel which is unfortunate because simply, that's what they are. They must'nt have appealed to Paul Lavers though, the runner up personality for many years, chose Ideal World before it had even started.

Has the Chief Groupie made an announcement yet on Fakebook that she's moving to Devonshire???????? :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

Latest posts

Back