Debbie Flint on the news.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gone very quiet on the jabs army,she got the third jab booster very early, job done for her and her cronies.
No mention of going back to help I wonder whyšŸ¤”
Iā€™ll get on the phone to The Sun šŸ˜‚
Considering all her pontificating when she was a volunteer she really should know better than to wear that horrible Made In China mask under her chins.

Reckless and feckless in sales tat patter the other day,buy the hotel chocolat machine and while your about it add the dyson hairdryer all on easy payments.
Who knows how many of gullible actually did it from her suggestion.
Qurio is just the tip of the iceberg and delboy and her numpties know it.
Shame on them and QVC some people will go into debt šŸ’ø because of this.

Hi, Debbie. It's Labour by the way.
;)

Or, is it Sharon?

Or just a super fan from her various groups who she bans at the blind of an eye for having your thoughts?

You seemed to have joined today in the early hours to defend the Fat Controller who is making a dog's arse of the country. And Market Stall Flinty.

Debbie can support who she likes, but when she puts up her political views on her QVC blog, which is a work blog really. That is out of order. The left wing lovies as you call them don't suddenly in the middle of a TV show or film start or when doing promotion tours. They do it in their own time.

I hope you did read about Flinty wrecking the Breast Cancer auction by breaking the rules, which as someone who has been with QVC a very long time would know about. Thus depriving the charity of a large amount of money?

You need to calm down, you'll give yourself high blood pressure. Not good for your retreat.
If you have any ā€˜insideā€™ info on what happened to the diamonique crown - we would love to know - especially Stratobuddy šŸ˜‰ šŸ‘‘ šŸ˜‚

If you have any ā€˜insideā€™ info on what happened to the diamonique crown - we would love to know - especially Stratobuddy šŸ˜‰ šŸ‘‘ šŸ˜‚
I'm a newbie to the forum (though a 20+ years Q customer), and joined specifically to find out if there was any resolution to the Diamonique / Diamond Jubilee Crown Mystery/Scandal.

A wonderful member called Stratobuddy did some sleuthing way back in 2012 and got confirmation from customer service that it sold for a mere Ā£1,000 - despite QVC promos valuing it at Ā£10,528. But the Q were tight-lipped about the winner's identity. The last forum entry I read failed to find out if a 'QVC customer' got the crown, as Charlie Brook later claimed when asked online, or if suspicions remain to this day that a certain female presenter with a movie star name was the actual 'winner'.

It seems the 'Breast Cancer Care' auction for the crown specifically was strangely quiet and poorly promoted on the day and in the run up, despite a lot of national media publicity (Daily Mail etc). I'm with Stratobuddy - it stinks to this day! Ā£1,000 is peanuts for a one-off, bespoke replica of a world famous royal relic, comprising 1.5kg of solid sterling silver. The scrap value and the expert labour to make it would have cost more than a grand!

Had I known bids were so low I too would have had a go, and I believe many people would have done. QVC has its share of serious jewellery collectors who would love an ornament like this, and the channel sells pieces up to Ā£10k (usually their boring Tanzanite rings!) So I simply do not believe a paltry Ā£1,000 is the highest bid they'd have got for such a unique and glamorous item, had it been properly promoted. It could easily have gone for Ā£5k IMO and probably more. That it wasn't smacks of an inside job. I would love to know the current whereabouts of that crown, worth even more I suspect since Queen Elizabeth's demise! Did anyone contact the Daily Mail about this at the time? I think that was the only way the mystery was ever going to be solved.

Ooh I so want the definitive answer. Could we find out from a Freedom of Information request do you think. Although names would be redacted - would QVC be bound to tell of it was a member of their staff who won?
I thought with these type of competitions employees or their family members were exempt from taking part - due to potential allegations of wrongdoing

Ooh I so want the definitive answer. Could we find out from a Freedom of Information request do you think. Although names would be redacted - would QVC be bound to tell of it was a member of their staff who won?
I thought with these type of competitions employees or their family members were exempt from taking part - due to potential allegations of wrongdoing
Which is why the silence has been deafening from the QVC front. Its either JR or DF who probably got a mate to bid for it. I'm surprised it wasn't Simon Wilson - perfect for his glittery shop.

Which is why the silence has been deafening from the QVC front. Its either JR or DF who probably got a mate to bid for it. I'm surprised it wasn't Simon Wilson - perfect for his glittery shop.
ā€œā€Promoters are expected to provide winnersā€™ names for transparency and to provide public accountability ā€“ essentially, to prove their promotion was genuine, with a real winner.
To make sure they are compliant with both the CAP Code and GDPR, promoters should ensure their T&Cs include something along the lines of ā€˜the winnerā€™s full name and winning entry will be published, unless the winner objectsā€™ . When the winner has been informed, and accepted their prize, the promoter can ask whether they are happy for their details to be shared.ā€

ā€œā€Promoters are expected to provide winnersā€™ names for transparency and to provide public accountability ā€“ essentially, to prove their promotion was genuine, with a real winner.
To make sure they are compliant with both the CAP Code and GDPR, promoters should ensure their T&Cs include something along the lines of ā€˜the winnerā€™s full name and winning entry will be published, unless the winner objectsā€™ . When the winner has been informed, and accepted their prize, the promoter can ask whether they are happy for their details to be shared.ā€
That's true for competitions - but this was an auction and not a competition so I cannot see this is relevant.

Sheā€™s just incredibly ambitious with very sharp elbows. Itā€™s not a crime to be a Tory but this particular bunch is scraping the barrel imo. Bojo is a loose cannon who kicked out all the experienced level heads and look at us now. How anyone can look adoringly at Priti Patel is beyond me šŸ¤¢ but del is doubtless fawning over anyone she can, hoping to be invited to drinkies. Itā€™s a pity the opposition is so troubled. I canā€™t see myself voting at all next time around.
My Civil Service department comes under the remit of the Home Office and the Home Secretary. Priti Patel was utterly disliked. Now we have been informed that Suella Braverman is massively to the right of heršŸ™ˆšŸ˜±šŸ˜³

I'll vote for anyone who can end all the illegals pitching up on these shores just because we are Treasure Island ! over 2 years there have been almost 100,000 mainly men arrive, that's the population of 2 small towns without their relations coming over in the future. Glad I'm at the winter of my life, because forget climate change, its migration that's going to concern the younger generations in years to come.

Latest posts

Back