Decleor TSV 08/01/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Usually if they put an spf in a moisturiser its 15 which is like a fart in the wind, unless.

I was told they(the cosmetic houses), don't like putting spf in because of allergies. In other words they don't want people not to buy because they think they might be allergic. I have mild rosacea and my GP said to use a high spf on my face all year round.

When I asked at my local Liz Earle counter I was told it makes moisturiser too greasy and heavy. What is the point of these moisturisers??? I had acne as a teenager and even now at 68 I still get breakouts.

Usually if they put an spf in a moisturiser its 15 which is like a fart in the wind, unless.

I was told they(the cosmetic houses), don't like putting spf in because of allergies. In other words they don't want people not to buy because they think they might be allergic. I have mild rosacea and my GP said to use a high spf on my face all year round.

Yes it's got to be 50. Hence why I use the Alpha-H ones.

I leave the house in the dark in the morning. I sit in an office all day, and leave the office in the dark again. I do not need SPF. I wear it in the spring/summer, and then only on very hot days when I know I am going to be out in it.

Well! It's the day after the TSV so I would love to know if everyone who said they were sitting on their hands actually did, or was the temptation too much? One of my resolutions this year is to stop calling Q Cut so much as I have loads of skincare & beauty products that needs using up. It is quite an eye-opener when you actually look at how many pots & bottles you find. Don't get me wrong, the TSV's are usually great value but this is the year to streamline the beauty products (well, try to!)

Well! It's the day after the TSV so I would love to know if everyone who said they were sitting on their hands actually did, or was the temptation too much? One of my resolutions this year is to stop calling Q Cut so much as I have loads of skincare & beauty products that needs using up. It is quite an eye-opener when you actually look at how many pots & bottles you find. Don't get me wrong, the TSV's are usually great value but this is the year to streamline the beauty products (well, try to!)

I also sat on my hands, have loads of the body lotion and hydra floral to use up and don't like the prolagene gel, micellar water or balm - even so, it was hard to resist as I find it so difficult to ignore a 'bargain'!

I sat on my hands and today put stuff from my stash on ebay! I need to stop buying bargains my New Year resolution is to use it up/sell it or gift it. Need the space! I've so many products and candles I've filled two cupboards

I leave the house in the dark in the morning. I sit in an office all day, and leave the office in the dark again. I do not need SPF. I wear it in the spring/summer, and then only on very hot days when I know I am going to be out in it.

But do you sit near a window? Its been shown sitting in a car or in an office near a window with the sun shining in you can still get skin cancer.

Yep I resisted, on a mission to not spend unless I really really want it.The IT Cosmetics TSV may be a hard one.

Yes, I resisted too.
Made the same resolution to use more of what I have & buy less. I know I'd fail if I vowed to buy nothing so less is the aim.
I'm waiting to see what the IT one is too though as that will at least be different.

I also resisted & much like many people on here I'm going to try really hard to only get products I need this year, instead of buying bargain TSV's. I'm going to let the auto delievers I already have in place stay bur think hard before buying anything.

This one was easy for me to resist, as my one and only Decleor purchase was not a resounding success, but have just checked my account and I haven't made a beauty purchase from Q since 9th November!! That was for one of the Bobbi Brown Paris, London and New York palettes (got the other two direct from Bobbi Brown). They're stunning I love them SO much!! :heart:

Some amazing willpower on here in resisting buying the TSV - although in some cases, by the looks of things, no willpower was required.

Is it my imagination or are many of us spending a lot less on QVC beauty (and other things) the last few months? It's a conscious decision in my case and I've saved a fortune already, but I get the impression lots of us are cutting back and the negative comments on Q Facebook seem to be increasing.

tsv's in beauty are a poison chalice imo. decleor are the best for value as they are high end but if you are buying every beauty tsv you can hardly be using it all up thats impossible. then you are stockpiling and putting money in qvc's coffers.

Some amazing willpower on here in resisting buying the TSV - although in some cases, by the looks of things, no willpower was required.

Is it my imagination or are many of us spending a lot less on QVC beauty (and other things) the last few months? It's a conscious decision in my case and I've saved a fortune already, but I get the impression lots of us are cutting back and the negative comments on Q Facebook seem to be increasing.
I spend a lot less now as I have tried almost every skincare and make up on QVC and made my choice of the brands that I like. I then would wait for a TSV of my favourite brands and get each one that was on offer. I have since reached a saturation point where I have a box of each brand stockpiled and products in the boxes waiting to be used. I may weaken every now and then but not so much often now as I have a mental picture of the boxes and that the products may expire if I don't use them in time.
I still have Emma Hardie both TSVs that are waiting to used, bought two of each.

A few notifications of easy pays have jumped into my inbox very recently and that's a bit of a wake up call in January when money is sparse. So easy to just buy and think "I can pay later", forgetting that later you might be a bit skint. Add to that the mountains of products that have emerged from cupboards over the last couple of weeks, I shall not be buying anything beauty, or in fact anything at all, unless it is a dire emergency.

CC

I love Decleor, but like so many on here it wasn't hard to resist.

I have a healthy stash of their products and I tend to avoid the early TSVs as they always feature cleansers and often toners. I don't find the prices as compelling when the big sizes are the cheapest... I don't want 100ml moisturisers either. With a number of brands I find the gargantuan sizes totally inappropriate... The only one I welcome in large sizes is the ABC skinwash. The one that baffles me is the SBC... How on earth do people get through so much of that gloopy gel??? Bathe in it???

With most beauty TSVs I find myself ignoring the main event and buying smaller-sized kits or men's sets, particularly for Christmas.

I am buying a lot less and returning a lot more of what I buy. Decleor is a brand I like but they don't often get the combination of products right for me so I either return or buy a different set that may not be a TSV.
I have been paring down my collection of make up to just the stuff I will use. And I mean every scrap of product. I hate waste, so if it won't get used up it will be returned.

The Philosophy and Liz Earle Christmas TSV's from Oct/Nov were the best ones as every single item is used. The Laura Geller one was OK but about 80% of it.

Mine arrived yesterday and I'm happy I ordered it (planned, not impulse as I don't watch QVC). I've saud this before, but I am very disciplined in selling off elements if a TSV that I don't want and mine has already been separated into keeping vs selling. I can't remember a time when I've kept a whole TSV as there is usually something in it that I either don't need or don't like :)

Latest posts

Back