Dell TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have bought the TSV.

I was tempted by the pink but decided to be professional and ordered the black.

I am now having an attack of nerves!

Too late Logfire. LOL. We must have been typing at the same time!

I did look on the Dell site. My current and ancient laptop is SO slow that it took ages. There are lots of bells and whistles on the TSV and the fast onsite maintenance is worth it to me as I can't be without email access for work purposes.

I have been dithering for ages, not being able to make up my mind which bell and whistles I do and don't want. I am not at all sure about setting up wireless so that will be a whole new experience.

I want the pink tsv so much. But cannot justify as my laptop is fine -it is a Dell and their customer services are good. This laptop looks smaller than mine so really will be portable. You are lucky Tilly - go for it.

Hi dunlop thanks for you advice. My son is not a student but he wants the mac to plug guitars and things into which i dont think you can do with this one. I am confused now . I texted a question to QVC but they didnt answer to ask about the intruments and also they said you need a wireless N router does that mean our normal router i use for my wireless will not work? if we need to buy a new one then thats adds to the cost too doesnt it.

It should pick up a wireless signal and drop back to the speed of the router otherwise you'll need to go into the laptop settings and alter it to pick up the router. I'd be surprised if you required a new router as the specs say Dell Wireless 1505–N & b/g which means it will pick up the G version of wireless. Unless you have the B version only on your router then no need to upgrade it. The only time I've played with Vista to set up a wireless connection it was extremely easy - just a case of making sure the right encryption key is selected.

Now, one day when I get a guitar I want to do the same thing. Have a look at this website for ideas (note you can get a USB box which is perfect):http://www.etcetera.co.uk/Support/howto/howtoConnectGuitar.shtml
The box has MIDI ports so expandable for keyboards etc.

EDIT: no wonder they mentioned you needed to upgrade your router. They've got one for sale on the website. I think the term is called "upselling"!

Last edited:
Hi dunlop thanks for you advice. My son is not a student but he wants the mac to plug guitars and things into which i dont think you can do with this one. I am confused now . I texted a question to QVC but they didnt answer to ask about the intruments and also they said you need a wireless N router does that mean our normal router i use for my wireless will not work? if we need to buy a new one then thats adds to the cost too doesnt it.

If he is in to music he should definitely get a mac - instruments work really well with Garageband which comes with any new Mac, and is a great tool till you are ready for Logic Express or Pro. Macs and PCs which are 'N' compatible will also by default work with b or g wireless networks too so there would be no need to upgrade unless you wanted the faster speeds.

Hope that helps

Jon

I really wanted a pink laptop too, but decided it wouldn't look very professional, so I ordered red instead. I still get comments on my laptop looking lush when I get it out, it's sooooo stylish!

I really wanted a pink laptop too, but decided it wouldn't look very professional, so I ordered red instead. I still get comments on my laptop looking lush when I get it out, it's sooooo stylish!

My next one has to be green. Are we just being girly and shallow? Do I care? :rolleyes:

I am regretting not getting the pink now! I just kept thinking of the raised eyebrows when I use it at work.

Next time...

Yeah, next time I'm getting pink for sure. And I'm getting my next car in yellow, the fact that Chris and the kids are already refusing to get in it with me can only be considered a bonus :)

Yeah, next time I'm getting pink for sure. And I'm getting my next car in yellow, the fact that Chris and the kids are already refusing to get in it with me can only be considered a bonus :)

If you wear leopardskin leggings they won't go anywhere with you. Ever.;)

Well he decided to give this laptop a try so has ordered it in the black but we found that QVC do not accept visa electron so mummy has had to pay on her credit card! Lets hope he hates it and sends it back;)

Haha, good mummy!! My mum bought my last laptop for me too, but told me I'd have to pay her back if I failed my course haha

Latest posts

Back