Dennis booming basso

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

shropshire lass

Registered Shopper
Love his coats in snuggly faux fur. Bought one last year. Never worn it. I just look at it in the wardrobe to admire it!! How wasteful. Perhaps he is welcome on Q because he booms and shouts. Is that part of the person specification to get on Q........wanted...shouty booming voiced weird entrepreneur of tat!

He isn`t loved by many people because of his trade in real fur. I don`t mind faux fur but would never buy from him. I`d hate to think my money was lining the pockets of someone who thinks its ok to kill endangered animals to make coats for the rich and famous.
Stepping off my soapbox for a moment, I find his voice and manner totally irritating so I tend not to watch him at all but to each their own.

Although he is gay he still seems to be a bit "handy" as far as the female models and presenters are concerned.

Actually very few of the presenters are able to handle him. Lenny was a lose cannon but not in a creepy way whereas I don't feel comfortable watching DB (which isn't connected to my opinion on real fur)

Maybe he 'gets away' with the invasion of personal space with the models, because as he's gay they might feel its ok, and not a 'pass'.
Regarding his range, I've seen many at TKMaxx, and to be honest, I think they are good quality, I would never buy from QVC when in TKs they tend to be 30% cheaper

Wasn't Dennis the person scolded for breast feeding a baby in the lobby of Claridges recently? :mysmilie_17:

Although he is gay he still seems to be a bit "handy" as far as the female models and presenters are concerned.

Actually very few of the presenters are able to handle him. Lenny was a lose cannon but not in a creepy way whereas I don't feel comfortable watching DB (which isn't connected to my opinion on real fur)

Wonder if being a loose cannon made them get another presenter?

I was interested to see that he was a lot less domineering when on with Dale. When he's on with the female presenters he interrupts & talks over them but with Dale he was much quieter & more respectful.

I was interested to see that he was a lot less domineering when on with Dale. When he's on with the female presenters he interrupts & talks over them but with Dale he was much quieter & more respectful.

Oh so we can add misogyny to his list of charms. I never watch him so didn't see the show, but having seen him previously this does not surprise me.

I didn't know he was gay. That's no excuse for invading people's personal space and disrespecting their bodily autonomy, though. There's not necessarily anything to say a gay man can't be a misogynist, is there? That's a genuine question btw, not rhetorical. Were I a model I wouldn't like to be manhandled by anyone of any gender or persuasion.

Whether they are gay or not,male or female, designers do seem to handle the models and i sippose they would say it is to show off their clothes better .Renee does it and Maria Wynne always gets up with the models and pulls the clothing about.

I think there are degrees though and sometimes it feels excessive.

Basso does handle the presenters quite a bit and putting on coats ,tying bows belts etc he's very touchy feely.Im not keen on it myself and although I liked Lenny,thought he went over the top with the models.

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Dennis Basso! His brilliant white gnashers and alternating hiigh-low voice make him a real character! Remember when he got stuck in a giant letter "O" once?

Couldnt care less if hes gay or not , hes a scum bag!!! I dont watch the vile man nor would i line his pockets. Shame on Q for allowing the beast on air.

He is quite revolting but I know some people like him. I can't stand his voice it's like he is gargling with water and he reminds me of a stuffed sack. And creepy as mentioned in another post on this thread.

He has a terrific comedy value though. He is like a big growling bear!

I used to think that too but the more I see him the less I want to see him! Let alone buy anything !

How long before they replace him like Lenny or maybe he is too much a " designer "for that....

Latest posts

Back