Diamonds(?)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Some 'Salt and pepper' Diamonds look quite nice - but they need to be priced for what they are, relatively cleanish diamonds but with some VERY noticeable black inclusions (not to be confused with heavily included white diamonds with white inclusions that give the stone a 'cloudy' appearance ie, like those that Gemporia use as accents stones or in their cheap silver ring).

They only become a problem when they use the 'salt and pepper' name to make it sound like a special variety of Diamonds - and then try to price them up the same as 'normal' transparent colourless diamonds.

I've seen both. I saw a retailer recently selling a 1ct 'salt and pepper' diamond for just £50 recently. It looks really nice - and was priced really well.

Then i've seen others selling S&P Diamonds for ludicrous prices simply because of the word 'Diamond'.

'Diamond' should not automatically mean "expensive".

I paid 255.69 PLN (circa £50) for my ring. Gemporia used to accept Polish currency when they had a Polish-language TV channel (and for a week after it stopped broadcasting). Good old days.

Many don't want real diamonds now because of the Blood Diamond connect.
I remember watching a documentary, might have been Discovery Channel? About them, it was Tiffany who did the whole a diamond is love and pushing the engagement ring must be a diamond. Seems way back early 20th century diamond sales dropped as the ultrarich being the only ones who bought them. So the idea of diamonds are a symbol of love and everyone should buy a diamond ring to prove how much you loved your future wife.

Have to say I prefer coloured stones and find diamonds quite boring. Well, I have seen a real untreated pink diamond ring in a very high-end jeweller. The colour was a pale peach/pink, they have quite a few yellow diamond jewellery.

Agree. Much prefer a natural zircon, like this (juwelo). 6mm, nice modern and wearable design. Love the arts & crafts hammered look too.
Screenshot_2024-01-25-16-31-57-016.jpeg

Many don't want real diamonds now because of the Blood Diamond connect.
True - which is why it's important to buy from a seller that works with the Kimberley Process.

Rubies, Emeralds and Sapphires are as bad too.

Yianni Melas is often exposing companies, CEO's of mining companies and corrupt politicians. He despises Gemfields and they way that they operate - and he calls them Bloodfields for a reason.

Depends on the location - Cambodian zircon, yes
Singhida, no.
Or Nigeria. The white/clear ones are better than Cambodia in my opinion - especially when unheated and precision cut, they have a real soft "champagne" (ok, brown 😀) which somehow warms the dispersion. Like the difference between led strip lighting in a commercial building and the soft, subdued light thrown by a candle stuck in a wicker-clad Mateus Rose bottle in an underground Italian bistro. 😀

Latest posts

Back