Diamonique for Engagement and Wedding Ring

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
A reviewer said that they would blow the money on a honeymoon and buy Diamonique as the engagement ring. I know that I would want the real thing and not diamonique.

Over the years I think the word Diamonique just sounds worse and worse, always sounds like DiamonEEEK.

I am lucky to have 1.5 ct emerald cut diamond ring...but I won't take it on holiday or anywhere risky.
So I bought a similar diamoneek ring a while ago and take that with me.
Only I know the difference really so I guess if you aren't bothered about the real thing, Diamonique looks pretty good in the believable sizes and a honeymoon is more important to some.
(I love my diamond though):59:

It wouldn't bother me one jot. If it's beautiful, and sentimental then it would be fine. Of course, it would have to be a joint decision. If my fella gave me a Diamonique ring and passed it off as real diamond - well that would be just awful!

I have to say that even though l love diamoniqe l wouldn't of wanted my hubby to have bought it to me for a wedding or engagement ring.

When we got engaged real diamonds were out of the question and I have one with sapphire and opals which doesn't fit me now. My replacement is a diamonique trilogy with small stones as we still couldn't afford the real thing. It looks believable and I don't worry about losing or damaging it. Unless I choose to tell them nobody knows.

I can't tell lies whats my problem.

Of course, if no-one asks you won't have to lie!
Rarely does anyone ask whether my rings are real or not - if they do then I tell the truth. It doesn't make any difference, does it? If it's pretty enough, it's fine with me. Some of us wear our Spanks/Magic knickers, colour our hair, wear concealer etc and we don't consider that lying.

I like diamonique, but I just see it as silver and crystal/glass, nice designs and well priced...not to pass off as real diamonds or to have as an engagement or wedding ring.....also the name diamonique is naff.

i guess it is all about the sentiment...i kind of like the idea of having a ring that does not cost the earth if the sentiment behind it is pure...that said, i think if it were a straight choice between an expensive honeymoon or an expensive engagement ring, i am shallow enough to say i'd prefer the ring. obviously, i'd like it to be upon his insistence!!! being contrary, of course, if money were no object then i'd have no issue with it...i guess for me, i like what an engagement ring symbolises but think there is a value that should be attached to it to a degree...

I've never been able to afford expensive jewellery and my engagement and wedding rings came from Ratner's!
Think it all depends on your budget - I'd rather have Diamonique with real meaning behind it than dear stuff on a credit card that I can't afford.

Too many people fund a lifestyle they can't afford on credit now and it worries me.

Ali x

I'd go for the real thing everytime. If you really think about it, it's not relevant now that most couples save doing the biz for the honeymoon which in the past made it a very special event, so basically now it's just a glorified holiday and soon over, whereas a diamond will last your lifetime. If a bloke presented me with a diamonique ring as an engagement ring I'd be extremely pissed off and would tell him where to shove it. Shallow?? Possibly....but I don't care. :SUE: :pPC:

Well my original engagement ring hubby bought me for over £100 12 years ago from samuels, it's gold and has a smallish diamond in the middle and a small diamond on each of the shoulders, about 3 years ago it split on the underside, when we decided to get married I said as I needed a new one and I'd prefer white metal I thought I would go for matching. I couldn't find any that I liked as there were a lot that were samey. I went to an independant jewellers and was just browsing, I saw 2 rings that I loved and thought there's now way we'd be able to afford them, I was really shocked when they told me the price, they were silver and cubic zirconia, I tried em and bought em. People are always admiring them and they presume they are diamond and white gold, and they are still as lovely as the day I bought em, I was up, bath swim with them on.

The most important thing about an engagement ring is what it stands for. Having said that, I would prefer the real thing and would far rather have a tiny real diamond that a larger Diamonique!

In fact that's exactly what I do have as my fiance couldn't afford anything flash and I'd have hated him to end up in debt just by buying my engagement ring. My ring is real diamond, but although small, means the world to me (as does the person who bought it):eek:

The most important thing about an engagement ring is what it stands for. Having said that, I would prefer the real thing and would far rather have a tiny real diamond that a larger Diamonique!

In fact that's exactly what I do have as my fiance couldn't afford anything flash and I'd have hated him to end up in debt just by buying my engagement ring. My ring is real diamond, but although small, means the world to me (as does the person who bought it):eek:

I totally agree hun.

I'd tell him to shove it where the sun don't shine!
I'm not a pricey date lol, but I'd draw the line at a fake. I'd be much happier with an amethyst or something, which would be the same sort of price.
Believe it or not, bling queen Anne has NO engagement ring...

Interesting thread - probably because I look at it slightly differently to a lot of you, well maybe .....

..... personally it wouldn't matter to me at all whether the stone in the ring was the real thing or a diamonique (I would object to a fake being passed off as the real thing though!) - as long as it was given with the right sentiment - I did actually choose my engagement ring myself but we bought it together.

Also confession time - shows how romantic Mr KK is (though he's got better over the years, with careful training!) before I started looking for my engagement ring, I asked him to give me an amount I could go up to, so I knew which rings were in the correct price range - the ring I chose was £5 over the price limit - I put the extra £5 in myself! :lol :surprised

Latest posts

Back