Disapointed...... :o(

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think you have made the same or similar point, Glinda on a number of occasions, but I have not had any problems with Rocks.tv unlike QVC, Sit-up, Gems and Ideal World as well as British Gas and my local Chinese Take away lol. On the other hand I never criticise a Company I have never used. You have a right to your opinion but I would suggest to anyone who hasn't tried Rocks to do so with the reassurance that if owt goes wrong they will sort it. :33:

I agree entirely, the subject has been mentioned a number of times now, and I too would NOT criticise a Company that I have had no dealings with. I have made several purchases from Rocks.tv, with no problems whosoever. I can only sing their praises. Very fast delivery, top quality jewellery items at bargain prices with 5 star Customer Service.

I think you have made the same or similar point, Glinda on a number of occasions, but I have not had any problems with Rocks.tv unlike QVC, Sit-up, Gems and Ideal World as well as British Gas and my local Chinese Take away lol. On the other hand I never criticise a Company I have never used. You have a right to your opinion but I would suggest to anyone who hasn't tried Rocks to do so with the reassurance that if owt goes wrong they will sort it. :33:

I am just saying what happened on that occassion, Not really my opinon just what i witnessed.For me personally that did put me off as i have never brought jewellery and had stones missing of falling out. I am sure that plenty of rockstv items are fine though. I can only form an opinion based on what i have witnessed. The lady i work with had her order delivered to work, so i got to see the items first hand. I do however read all the comments on here and see that there are also alot of happy customers. :1:

I agree entirely, the subject has been mentioned a number of times now, and I too would NOT criticise a Company that I have had no dealings with. I have made several purchases from Rocks.tv, with no problems whosoever. I can only sing their praises. Very fast delivery, top quality jewellery items at bargain prices with 5 star Customer Service.

Really happy you have are happy with rockstv sevs mum, I can only go by what i personally have witnessed, though it is good to read of people also having positive experiences. Isn't that the good thing about forums such as this one, you get to read of lots of different experiences people have had.

Probs etc

Hi everyone, & thanks for the welcome.

I have to agree 100% with the general consensus here, its not so much about the problem per se, but how it is dealt with.
Having never bought jewellery 'unseen' before, rocks.tv gets a huge thumbs up from me. I have had many questions, both before & after buying, which have been answered (promptly) both by the customer service team & the people in the 'chatbox', and I feel, honestly too.
I have yet to be disappointed by the quality of anything I've received,(and I'm certainly more than happy with prices I've paid) although a couple of items have simply not 'been me' when they have arrived.
I buy lots (too much!) online,mostly because I live in a very rural area, & time is very tight, so a shopping trip is planned with military precision, & I dont really get a chance to 'window shop'.
As a newbie to buying jewellery, have to say that its the 'real' interaction that I like. Even the auctioneers will say at times that something is not to their taste! plus you can 'see' the items live, rather than a perfectly staged picture.
Anywayyyyyyyyyy, if someone wants to nominate this post for the booker prize as a new novel, I will happily cut them into any money made!:4:

I have to agree 100% with the general consensus here, its not so much about the problem per se, but how it is dealt with.
Having never bought jewellery 'unseen' before, rocks.tv gets a huge thumbs up from me. I have had many questions, both before & after buying, which have been answered (promptly) both by the customer service team & the people in the 'chatbox', and I feel, honestly too.
I have yet to be disappointed by the quality of anything I've received,(and I'm certainly more than happy with prices I've paid) although a couple of items have simply not 'been me' when they have arrived.
I buy lots (too much!) online,mostly because I live in a very rural area, & time is very tight, so a shopping trip is planned with military precision, & I dont really get a chance to 'window shop'.
As a newbie to buying jewellery, have to say that its the 'real' interaction that I like. Even the auctioneers will say at times that something is not to their taste! plus you can 'see' the items live, rather than a perfectly staged picture.
Anywayyyyyyyyyy, if someone wants to nominate this post for the booker prize as a new novel, I will happily cut them into any money made!:4:

Sorry what did you say? :1: you are spot on - Steve Bennett loves being in touch with his customers and that is so rare.

repeats

Just in case anyone missed this work of art 1st time!! hehehe:18:

I've bought loads from Rocks, have lost count (is that a bad thing?) and the only items that have gone back are because they weren't to my taste, no quality issues whatsoever. However, if there had been a problem, I am completely confident that it would have been sorted out smoothly, with a minimum of fuss and an apology. I have total faith in this company and can't recommend them highly enough to anyone who might be unsure of buying from them.

Oh my gosh, is this thread still going lol :11:

Just updated myself with posts added after my last one and i'm glad to hear that most people haven't had any issues with their jewellry - other than those of "not suiting" etc. I have had issues with 2 pieces of jewellry out of my stash - 1 being this item and the other being a man's sandblasted ring, which comes off to easily. Both issues, i'm pleased to say have been dealt with, quickly and easily.

At the end of the day, issues can and do happen and if your one of the lucky one's to not have them then that's great, but if you do then its about how the issue is dealt with!!! It is disheartening when you do have problems, especially if you love the item that has it - like me and my marcasite bracelet - WHICH I LOVE AND NOW MISS :31: (Can't wait for a replacement :1:)

I was impressed with the lovely educative posts that Meeshoo and other members added, as to be honest i've never owned any gemed jewellry other than diamonds - and my most precious piece i don't take off my diamond engagement ring for anything and its still fab since having it for around 13 years :1: If i love something i want to wear it all the time - is that so wrong? Another thing is my hubby did read in "the book" that marcasite is quite hardwearing - but again in what context??? So via this thread i know now how best to look after it/wear it and what to look out for etc.

This subject i was at first hesitant to add as said before, some people don't like talking about the negative side to buying, but unfortunatly it is a fact of life no matter where you purchase from. But from threads like this we can all learn something - I know i have :1:

Oooh by the way - HELLO BLINGBIRD :D

Last edited:
Not happy

Hi

I have had to send a diamond ring back as one ofthe diamonds fell out and have just heard from a jeweller who was doing a valuation for me that a diamond has fallen out of another ring. Am not too happy.

Hi

I have had to send a diamond ring back as one ofthe diamonds fell out and have just heard from a jeweller who was doing a valuation for me that a diamond has fallen out of another ring. Am not too happy.

Oh No Sacol, that must be so annoying. Are Rocks dealing with it for you?

First i would like to welcome Blingbird to the mad house here sorry a bit late with this post so hiya lol
I seen a post about gems tv and there marcasite jewellery being claw set or glued
Well i clearly remember in the days when i bought from them on a regular basis they always made a point of saying their marcasite was all claw set but like a lot of things with gems things have probably changed now but worth asking them i would of thought.
Hi Sacol sorry to hear your having problems with a couple of your rings but I'm sure it will be sorted for you let us know what happens but very disappointing i agree so far i have had no problems with what i bought so far

Oh dear Sacol....that's so sad:(

I'm sure that Rocks will sort things for as their CS is very good.

Whilst it is very disappointing these things do happen........my eternity band which cost a considerable amount,bought from a well known high st jeweller has also lost a diamond ....twice!!(out of the guarantee period of course!!!) so I have had to pay for it to be replaced on two occasions because there is never any recourse with these places!!

I bet if I had bought it from the Bennetts they would have sorted things to a greater satisfaction.

I hope things get sorted soon xxxx

Oh how disappointing Sacol. I'm sure it will all be sorted out with the minimum of fuss, Steve Bennett is well known for ensuring his customers are happy, so whilst it's annoying, don't stress too much, it'll be alright in the end.

:doggie:

Hi

Oh how terrible Sacol, and for it to happen to 2 items! I hope it is sorted out soon for you. Perhaps rockstv could give you some money back for the inconvenience?

I dont post here very often as I'm not too confident about my grammer and spelling but my first buy was a marcasite ring and i remember asking at the time if they were prong set (like Gems) or glued...and the response I got in the chatroom were that they were prong set...

I've had this piece for two months and wear it everyday (I also bought one for my mother) and it is still my fave piece of jewellery.....(it is noticable that they are glued and not prong set INRL) don't let this put you off as Rocks don't just offer good quality, value etc... but also good CS which is the most important IMHO.

On reading appleby's first post I examined my marcasite bracelet (the same one as appleby's) and there is actually a stone missing - it was bought as a present and is still in its box, unworn. I e-mailed Help about this and said I'd looked closely at the bracelet through a magnifying glass (my eyesight isn't good at close quarters) as a result of reading a post on here, and asked about marcasite settings generally. This was well over a week ago and I got no reply.

So I e-mailed Seve directly with this issue, also that of refund of return p&p if an item is faulty upon receipt (there's no indication of Rocks' policy on this -if an item is faulty we shouldn't have to pay return p&p, as well as queuing in a post office if you can get there in opening hours) I also think we shouldn't need to examine items under magnification, especially as a result of chance reading of a post on another forum! I said it would be useful to see the settings in the item description - it's there on scheduled items, but isn't on the auction page, and doesn't appear at all on extra items.

Steve e-mailed back and said he'd ring me - someone did, but I couldn't get to the phone in time - I rang back and spoke to someone called Barry (not the auctioneer) - he said Steve was busy...He did however, say that Rocks would refund return p&p if items were faulty on receipt, which is fair enough. Barry told me to forward my e-mail to Tony in CS, who would deal with the other issues, which I did. That was 2 days ago, and I still haven't had a reply...

Hi everyone,

Jacky, Tony has had a long weekend off this weekend (we've been working him very hard!) but he's back in the office today.

If you'd like to forward your email to me, I'll make sure it gets dealt with today. I'll also look through the help email transcripts and find out why your email wasn't answered.

Kind regards

John

Latest posts

Back