Do you remember your "first time"?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What a blast from the past! I joined back when we only had QVC and felt the need to share my addiction :grin: It was an introduction to online buying and as such I've broadened out and don't even know where the shopping channels are on the EPG these days! Well done to Graham for keeping here alive and thriving!

Hi guys,
I am Surabhi and I am new to the forum. I will always remember my first post because I am posted my first post in this thread ;)

Hi guys,
I am Surabhi and I am new to the forum. I will always remember my first post because I am posted my first post in this thread ;)
You'll have no excuse then, not to remember it :) Hello Surabhi, and a big welcome from me. Enjoy your time here x

hi-de-hi

Surabhi, it's a W-E-L-C-O-M-E from me, too. Appropriate for you to join in this thread. Maybe OtherLurkers will FollowYourLead?!?

What was your first ever post on ST.com?

I can't remember mine, I wish I could. We've had about 3 database rebuilds since then aswell. I do know that I didn't mess about lurking, as soon as I found the site I was signed up and got stuck in.

There was a lot of FM fighting back then!

I remember your first time, i remember you posted a picture of yourself as well, you were well gorge hairy and beefy - ah them were the days

:mysmilie_486:

I have my theories Barkly (!) but could not possibly comment. As well as stragglers there are "the aristocracy" as well as the serfs! Throw in a few paupers, revolutionaries, intelligensia, ahem.. idiots, sh*t stirrers, fruit loops, criminals.... the list goes on. You name it, if society has one so does a forum.

A role for all of us then! :mysmilie_845:

:mysmilie_61:

I joined in 2002 pretty much the day or so I found the forum, well I did once I'd read all the posts (OK there weren't many shopping channels back then) My first post was part of a "who do the presenters remind you of" discussion and I commented that Mike ?? (white hair been on infomercials for nano hair fibres but can't remember his name) reminded me of "Smashy & Nicey" (Enfield and Whitehouse characters who did a lod of gread work for charidy) I was soundly rebuked by someone who told me in no uncertain terms what a nice chap he is IRL, someone who I think is still a member but rarely posts these days. I won't out them but happy if they want to out themselves.

QVCKing got me started selling on ebay to rundown my QVC stockpile. Other highlights include meeting the lovely LipstickCherry and Ol'Blue Eyes (JBD). Snoopy was my go-to guy (via PM) if I'd missed something juicy on here

There have been a few schisms over the years, making the recent Facebook defection seem like a teddybears' picnic. I remember Jean appeared as a guest presenter on Factory Outlet / Snatchit before that particular fracture.

Was Helena Doodah? the rest of the names are all v familiar. I sold the gel eye liner from the Ariane Poole TSV to Laura (Welsh science teacher).

I got flamed in a PM from someone for posting the wrong colour of tulip for Neville...well no one told me it had to be white! But when I look back at these snippets of forum life I'm reminded how little significance these things really have in my life after the event. I love the banter, I sometimes fan the flames but mostly I don't get involved in the politics of forum life. Is it called storming and norming? There's been plenty of that!

A trend I've noticed is members join and post prolifically for a few months before fading without trace or flouncing away, I call it the "empty vessels make most noise" effect. "Hi I'm a Newby" threads get on my tits, but not as much as "Farewell threads" - we used to see these a lot!

Jude xx

PS Akimbo? It's because I'm double jointed!

Latest posts

Back