Do You Think Any Presenters Read This Forum

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julian Ballantyne. I liked him. After he was emptied or left QVC he was on Ideal World for a while with that wrinkle freezing product but haven't seen him since. I hope he's doing OK.

CC
He was involved with the crafting channel Debbie Greenwood launched & after that folded, no origami pun intended, he moved to www.yangashop.tv.

Catherine Huntley was a member here when she first joined QVC but didn't stay very long. I remember we all assumed that she'd been told not to post which was a shame cos the forum was much less hostile to the presenters in those days and it would have been fun to have a presenter as a member. I can also remember Julia once years ago saying something about 'You rotten lot on Shopping Telly' but I can't remember why lol.
I have vague memories of Queen Julia making snide remarks on air & also on her blog.

I don’t think they read them anymore and if they do they probably laugh it off as jealousy, which is a huge narcissistic trait. Nobody is jealous of the QVC shop assistants, or their lives, but is it too unreasonable to ask for total honesty about a product that you can’t touch, smell or taste they want your money for, instead of going off tangent and start to talk about curry, mini cheddars and cheese..........on a clothes hour. 😜

I have learned so much over the years from reading all the comments on here and felt a friendship although I do not know any of you.We mustn’t forget the most important of all, the laughs! I hardly watch Q these days very rarely a full show and often miss the ‘gems’ but am on & off this site all the time.Long may we continue!

I have learned so much over the years from reading all the comments on here and felt a friendship although I do not know any of you.We mustn’t forget the most important of all, the laughs! I hardly watch Q these days very rarely a full show and often miss the ‘gems’ but am on & off this site all the time.Long may we continue!

Aw yeah SF........ditto ❤️ xx

The forum may have been less hostile to presenters back in the day because they did their jobs better then. Social media and the perceived troubles at Q have made most presenters thoroughly obnoxious to watch, or read about, imo.
I think that's true of some of the presenters. I also think that in the early days of QVC, and of this forum, there was no Facebook and consequently there were very many more members posting regularly so that there were inevitably a much wider variety of opinions which I'm sure many of the original members will remember with affection. I know that I hardly watch QVC anymore so don't feel qualified to comment on the presenters which is why I rarely post nowadays, although I still have a fondness for the forum so still check in regularly.

Although this is called a QVC forum very few actually watch it much, a few buy on line their favourite brands but it’s so much more that a selly telly forum it more of a virtual (without vision) coffee morning where we chat, moan, laugh and ask and get support so never ever think that not watching/buying precludes anyone from putting their 2p into the mix,the more the merrier.

Although this is called a QVC forum very few actually watch it much, a few buy on line their favourite brands but it’s so much more that a selly telly forum it more of a virtual (without vision) coffee morning where we chat, moan, laugh and ask and get support so never ever think that not watching/buying precludes anyone from putting their 2p into the mix,the more the merrier.
Hit the nail on the head there LATI, I used to waste a lot of my time watching Q but grew tired of the same old thing, but its always good to have a catch up on here and I must have saved hundreds of pounds in reading reviews/comments on here and resisted buying bits from Q, working from home for almost a year it has been a little lifeline to me as whilst I may not post a lot i like catching up with what's going on, and you feel you are among friends and not going to get shot down in flames for voicing an opinion

I hope they do read this forum but I doubt any of them take anything we say seriously. They`re all so up themselves it will be like water off a duck`s back. To perform on screen as they do and say the things they say I have no doubt they have skin thicker than a rhino.

Back in the we.used to.sit.up to watch the TSV live worried.it.would sell.out.

I used to.have.QVC on in the.backgroind as.I could.do.stuff online. Then a few.years back it was.just annoying me. I moved to the History channel, let's just say I can name very battle from the American Civil War. 😏 I have sat through them enough and the Medieval Dead

Medieval Dead - the new name for the Q and all the presenters 😇
Coming soon to a QVC screen near you. Makeup by Ali Young courtesy of Laura Geller and Tarte and costumes by Marla Wynne, Yong Kim and Anttony with 2 t`s as modelled by presenters and accessories by Butler and Wilson with a little bit of "stoilests" free range madness chucked in for good measure.
The-Walking-Dead-Season-10-Finale-1280x720.png

I would happily pay to be able to tell the QVC shop assistants what I think to their face, they won't be arsed of course, but at least then I'd have the satisfaction of letting them know that, no we aren't interested in them their family, their marriage or their lives, no we don't believe a word you say or that someone came up to you to question were you got your top, shoes and coat, and most importantly no, we're not gullible or stupid or easily reeled in...........ahhh that's better 👍

Coming soon to a QVC screen near you. Makeup by Ali Young courtesy of Laura Geller and Tarte and costumes by Marla Wynne, Yong Kim and Anttony with 2 t`s as modelled by presenters and accessories by Butler and Wilson with a little bit of "stoilests" free range madness chucked in for good measure.
View attachment 20330
I'll look like this if lockdown3 lasts until the summer.

Latest posts

Back