Doll 10 TSV 16/07/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The foundation and concealer are fantastic but I don't need either. I don't want or need the other items in this TSV so not buying.

Maybe AY is wearing the BB drop foundation booster as well as the foundation. In my opinion it makes an otherwise excellent foundation look like the skin is shiny and sweaty when wearing it. Or it's the blasted shimmer brick again.

I bought the last Doll 10 TSV and loved it, especially the lip pencil and mascara but I am not tempted this time. EP's may have swayed me.

AY looks as though she'd tried to copy the Kim Kardashian under-eye triangle "highlighting" from a youtube video. Or possibly she's layered a heady cocktail of serums, elixirs, moisturisers, and oils underneath her foundation.

I thought she looked really washed out, even in the soft pink top(caught her earlier in a black outfit and she looked the same), I was blaming the famous shimmerbrick overload which really highlighted her eye bags. They were clearer than the up close photos of Pluto!!!:mysmilie_19: But no it was the product in the TVS. She just looked so shiny, the reverse triangle concealer is not shiny, Trish McEvoy was the one who invented it long before KK. She as usual had gone too pale foundation and far too much of the shimmer under the eyes. A good powder down and more blush would have worked wonders.

Completely agree Donna, even the quite elderly models on with Taya (current hour) look better than Alison did last night. This isn't a dig at the models because we know it's difficult to wear layers of telly make up with an softly folded face (read this recently and like the phrase). Please Alison let the Doll10 make up artists do your face for you!
She's doing the TSV a complete disservice with her high definition eye bags. I'm roughly AY's colouring, a tad older, and I mostly go with Fair or Light with Doll10 and use the foundation drops or the Conceal it compact and never look like this so there must have been some other high shine product on top. Alison's skin is dryer than mine but I don't need to powder on top of the foundation which is a bonus as I have laughter lines.

Do we think Q staff are too scared to tell her she looks shocking?

This woman pontificates to us about her 30 plus years in the beauty business, and she cant even get her own face make up right - doesn't she also realise that 'beauty business' is the whole package - not just skincare and cosmetics, its about getting the hair and clothes right too, which she seems to have bypassed on.

Surprised to be home from work to see it is still in stock, I don't know why but I thought it would've been an early sell out. Not a a bad thing of course, they've obviously judged their stock levels better for this!

However, I'd kinda been hoping it would've sold out by the time I got home because I don't need it - but do want it! :mysmilie_17:

Well I changed my mind. I returned my Tarte set instead as I decided I would use the Doll 10 more. Did not like the colour of the Tarte lippy, got a Laura Geller bronze/blush/highlight compact of eBay not yet on Q and this is nicer than the Tarte one. Too many items I would not use in the Tarte. I absolutely love the Doll10 foundation- one of the best I have ever tried. My Mally ones have disappointed on the whole. The concealer beats any I have tried too so even though I don't really need it.... hmmmm!!! Like the look of the lippy colour, don't really care about the H2 glow. Blush may be pretty... the last one was and I use it often. The real plus for me is the absence of a mascara! Glad they left it out this time. I thought I would kick myself if I didn't get another foundation as I use the one in the last TSV almost daily and when it runs out I know I will want another.

My make up tastes are starting to take shape as follows:

Eye make up... Mally
Foundation and concealer... Doll10
Blush/Bronze Laura Geller/Mally/Doll 10
Lips.. Mally/Doll 10

I never get the chance to go shopping on the high street these days so Q it is for the time being.

Go on...you know you want to Ellaa! :mysmilie_59:

I cracked! I bought it! Damn why wasn't it sold out before I got home from work??!
Looking forward to it though, that brush looks good, I love the colour of the lippy, and I've been meaning to try that concealer for ages, mainly cos it's a whopping 12g! Hope the fair really does have a pink base like Doris says.

You gotta hand it to Doris, she's a great saleswoman, happy to highlight her own faults to show us what her makeup can do. I like her backstory too. Nice lady.

Last edited:
She's a great guest, and some of her amusing comments seem to go over the presenters' head! So nice to see a good lip and cheeks colour for a change; TSVs often have a yawnsville nudey pinky shade and I have a hundred of them already. That said it doesn't look quite right on Alison.

She's a great guest, and some of her amusing comments seem to go over the presenters' head! So nice to see a good lip and cheeks colour for a change; TSVs often have a yawnsville nudey pinky shade and I have a hundred of them already. That said it doesn't look quite right on Alison.
Exactly, bring on blushers and lipsticks that actually have colour and pigment! So many nudezzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz. People can look so much more fresh and youthful with a bit of colour on their cheeks and lips.

Is AY wearing the autumn drop lippy? It looks a bit darker than he pinker one in this set. Either way it's not quite right for her. But then with those black frame glasses on nothing looks quite right. Embrace tortoiseshell frames, Alison!

do you think doll 10 will replace mally

The Q beauty buyers will put Doris under pressure to bring out more products and endless variations-on-a-theme kits if she is going to fill Mally's high heels.

I don't need it....but I bought it!
Love the concealer, growing to like the foundation ( from the last TSV) though I'm usually devoted to BM in Fair or B&B Porcelain. The lipstick is darker than the pinks or peaches I usually wear but I'm willing to be converted if it brightens the face...could do with it!
Has anyone tried the finishing powder compact that was in the last hour ?

Exactly, bring on blushers and lipsticks that actually have colour and pigment! So many nudezzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz. People can look so much more fresh and youthful with a bit of colour on their cheeks and lips.

Is AY wearing the autumn drop lippy? It looks a bit darker than he pinker one in this set. Either way it's not quite right for her. But then with those black frame glasses on nothing looks quite right. Embrace tortoiseshell frames, Alison!

I agree about colour and pigment. It's why I like Mally stuff so much. Her liquid lipsticks seem bright colours but when worn they are a gorgeous sheer gloss and the bright colours really lift the face and it takes years off you. Has to be tried to be believed. Although I have some neutrals like "blossom" and "must have pink" one of my faves is the brighter "raspberry" and "life is fuscia". I really think the Doll10 TSV colours will be really flattering once tried on the skin. Never judge by the colour in the compact, stick or tube! When worn it's a totally different story. So yes.... even if Doll 10 does not actually replace Mally she seems to have similar ideas when it comes to the use of colour. And it works!

Yippee mine has been dispatched, hope it comes tomorrow so I can play with it at the weekend :mysmilie_14:

I really wanted this but cannot justify £40 on makeup. If it had been ex pay I would have grabbed it. Luckily qvc decided in their wisdom to have a tsv on beauty day that was a tough cost to justify.

Mine arrived this morning and even though I bought it for the foundation and concealer, which will get used I'm a bit underwhelmed. I already have the full-sized Champagne highlighter so don't really need that. I like the lippy and gloss but haven't tested them yet but not sure I need another blush though the colour is nice enough. It's a toughie because it's still a good price for the products I wanted, but would I have bought them now in the normal course of things? 'Probably would have waited until I needed replacements. Doh! I keep falling for the TSVs...and it's only been 20 odd years, you'd think I'd have built an immunity by now!

Latest posts

Back