Elemis TSV 13/7/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Keeley looks as if she has lost a not too inconsiderable amount of weight. She looks well.

Under the EU rules now in force any beauty products sold in the EU have a ban of animal testing plus they are not allowed to get others to test on ingredients on their behalf.

Scout believes unless they have the Bunny logo or appear in a international list they are not testing.

http://www.peta.org.uk/features/new-cosmetics-law/

Don't you mean, Donna, unless they have the bunny logo they do animal test? (according to Scout). I am extremely stringent re animal testing on any product, and can understand how assuming that the absence of the logo means there is a bit of doubt there. I do research into every company before I patronise it, and I can assure you that there are brands out there without the logo, which absolutely do not test on animals. I know elemis doesn't have the bunny, but I thought Scout had some dedicated information on the brand's practices. I still consider elemis to be a 'safe' brand to use, although I am not currently doing so. I did think that a quandary had been solved for me; I don't buy an item just because it is on EP and, at approx £60 inc postage, although a bargain, it is not an inconsiderable sum to pay. When you split it up into £13.50 a month, it seems a throwaway price. I quite fancy reverting to using toner again, and I like moringa balm, so the balm may be good for my uber sensitive skin. I love frangipani. The only item I'm not bothered about, but would use, is the exfoliator. My skin has been desperately agitated of late, and the ABC skin wash is the only shower stuff I can use, so I don't want to exacerbate it even further. I currently need a new printer and - I look at the total price not the EPs - £60 will go a good way towards paying for it. the elemis tsv is not a necessity, but a treat. Think I'll get my boxers some salmon mousse instead.

Don't you mean, Donna, unless they have the bunny logo they do animal test? (according to Scout). I am extremely stringent re animal testing on any product, and can understand how assuming that the absence of the logo means there is a bit of doubt there. I do research into every company before I patronise it, and I can assure you that there are brands out there without the logo, which absolutely do not test on animals. I know elemis doesn't have the bunny, but I thought Scout had some dedicated information on the brand's practices. I still consider elemis to be a 'safe' brand to use, although I am not currently doing so. I did think that a quandary had been solved for me; I don't buy an item just because it is on EP and, at approx £60 inc postage, although a bargain, it is not an inconsiderable sum to pay. When you split it up into £13.50 a month, it seems a throwaway price. I quite fancy reverting to using toner again, and I like moringa balm, so the balm may be good for my uber sensitive skin. I love frangipani. The only item I'm not bothered about, but would use, is the exfoliator. My skin has been desperately agitated of late, and the ABC skin wash is the only shower stuff I can use, so I don't want to exacerbate it even further. I currently need a new printer and - I look at the total price not the EPs - £60 will go a good way towards paying for it. the elemis tsv is not a necessity, but a treat. Think I'll get my boxers some salmon mousse instead.

Yes without the Bunny logo they are doing some underhand testing, allegedly.

There was a 5 year rule to get the Bunny logo, you had to prove that no ingredient was tested by you or others to get it(also I remember you had to pay to join the scheme), Elemis(not just them) because of new products coming out all the time could not prove and did not qualify. AY once said on air long ago, at some point in time in the past all ingredients had been animal tested.

The China thing is causing problems for many. China though word is out they are going to stop, had a rule all products sold in the country had to be animal tested. The strange thing was products made in China but not sold there but else where did not. So companies who sold products to China had the Chinese test the said products before they were allowed to go on sale.

So where do you draw the line?

Liz Earle has the bunny logo but are owned by Avon who do sell in China.

L'Occitane lost the Bunny as they now sell to China.

Molton Brown are owned by a Japanese company no idea if the Japanese test. But the kill dolphins and whales to eat.

All you can do is pick your cut off point how far you want to go.

All I saw was 50ml of the apricot toner and 20g of the cleansing balm, sorry i can't recall anymore, the quiet time bath stuff might have been there as well!

I am very proud of myself, I switched QVC off and didnt put it back on......I removed the temptation and it worked, I didn't order

mine arrived today too, a little gift for my mum as she's been under the weather lately, i'm hoping this will be a pick me up as she loves the cleansing balm.

Yeah mine arrived too, and in good time because I finished the last of my Emma Hardie Moringa Balm this morning, so I can start on Elemis' tomorrow.

I've put the shower & body creams to one side along with the bag, I might re-gift these at some stage.

mine arrived today too, a little gift for my mum as she's been under the weather lately, i'm hoping this will be a pick me up as she loves the cleansing balm.

What a lovely treat for your Mum. Now down to the serious question .... how would you like to adopt me as your second Mum lol ?

Latest posts

Back