Exciting News From Alison Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I receive the Victoria Health newsletter Alter Ego - you have saved me from purchasing the iS product. I need to have a few facial skin lesions removed by Cryotherapy (sun damage from years ago] and I am not a sun worshipper.

I had a lesion (on my leg) removed by Cryotherapy by the NHS 2 years ago and that was successful but my face could not be dealt with lol … By the time I found someone to deal with this, lockdown started hey ho.

I shall be using Vitamin E capsules and Baby Bee multipurpose ointment when necessary.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Yesterday I bought a 43g tube of WASABI PASTE from Lidl for 79P, as I like spicy food.

I've just checked the ingredients.

It is 85% Horseradish!!! And also horseradish oil as well lower down in the ingredient list. It also has mustard to make it more spicy.

Only 3.5% of wasabi POWDER so it's not even got real wasabi in it.

I am going to return it ASAP.

But how do they get away with calling it wasabi paste?

My cousin's father-in-law used to make the hottest horseradish sauce. I'm not into spicy food but it would win prizes every year at country fairs for being spicy and tasty.

Isn't it funny that we've had horseradish sauce on tables for centuries but the youngsters come along and decide importing a similar product from halfway around the world makes it the better product.

I've no idea how they get away with it but I assume they've done it legally. I'd keep it. I doubt you'd get a similar sized jar of horseradish sauce for the same price and it might be delicious.

I just had a wander on Tesco. A Polish brand (Smak) has 4% horseradish, Coleman's has 34%. They only have two wasabi-type sauces. Thai Dragon Sriracha (£1.70 for 200ml) has Wasabi Paste 0.7% (Horseradish, Wasabi, Humectant (Sorbitol), Salt, mustard Oil) and Yogiyo Hot & Zingy Chilli and Wasabi sauce has Wasabi Paste (3%) (Horseradish, Wasabi, Corn Starch, soybean Oil, Water, Salt, Flavouring).

I did a quick Google and found a few articles saying that wasabi is so expensive you're probably not eating the real thing.

"Because of its price the "wasabi" you're used to is probably just a mixture of horseradish, coloring, and sweetener. These products often only have 1-5% of the real thing in. Wasabi is known for being the hardest plant to grow commercially in the world."

Reading that I'm glad I just have a large addiction to cranberry and mint sauces!

I receive the Victoria Health newsletter Alter Ego - you have saved me from purchasing the iS product. I need to have a few facial skin lesions removed by Cryotherapy (sun damage from years ago] and I am not a sun worshipper.

I had a lesion (on my leg) removed by Cryotherapy by the NHS 2 years ago and that was successful but my face could not be dealt with lol … By the time I found someone to deal with this, lockdown started hey ho.

I shall be using Vitamin E capsules and Baby Bee multipurpose ointment when necessary.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

You're very welcome. Good luck with your future removal. Do you mind me asking why you don't want to use Vaseline? I looked up the Baby Bee ingredients and they're great - I don't think you'd need the extra E though as a few of the oils in it are pretty high in it plus it has tocopherol (vit E) listed.

I had a granuloma removed on the NHS several years ago as it would not stop bleeding. It took two derms to do it as the first one failed to get the root and it grew back even worse a few weeks later.

I was impressed with the way the second derm dealt with it and the way she explained everything, her recs for aftercare etc. I looked her up when I got home and discovered she has her own skin clinic. I've never actually gone to her clinic for anything but would definitely see her if I needed something done.

If you have a good doctor doing anything for you it might be worth looking them up privately for stuff the NHS doesn't do (more and more these days).

Latest posts

Back