Exciting News From Alison Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The cover isn’t very enticing is it? For something about the glamour industry I would have expected something a lot more glossy.

On the other hand if it’s practical tips perhaps a wipe clean cover would be better 🤐😇

I thought it looked a bit boring. Then I thought perhaps it was just a working cover.

I tried to post an image but it just would not load for me. Technology being a pain.

Unless it's a book about the history of make up, chapters about Cleopatra's eye liner & Lizzie the first's lead look, surely it'll be out of date as soon as it's printed? I suppose it could be produced in the style of a recipe card folder with monthly additions when new products are released.

Last edited:
I don't get it. There are dozens of sites giving you beauty advice and showing you how to apply skin stuff and make-up on youtube etc for free, so why would anyone pay good money for the same thing?

Or is she going to spill the beans and leave the ones she doesn't rate but makes money out of by selling, out of the book? Personally I'm not interested enough to find out. My money is safe.

Sali Hughes has a book about iconic Beauty products. It is a while since I've read it. You can read it in many ways, start to finish, look for any products you have used, just a random flick through. A good coffee table book for some light entertainment. I would recommend this to a lot of people.

Attachments

• 614SXplzxvL.jpg
    614SXplzxvL.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 94
Sali Hughes has a book about iconic Beauty products. It is a while since I've read it. You can read it in many ways, start to finish, look for any products you have used, just a random flick through. A good coffee table book for some light entertainment. I would recommend this to a lot of people.
I have that!

I don't get it. There are dozens of sites giving you beauty advice and showing you how to apply skin stuff and make-up on youtube etc for free, so why would anyone pay good money for the same thing?

Or is she going to spill the beans and leave the ones she doesn't rate but makes money out of by selling, out of the book? Personally I'm not interested enough to find out. My money is safe.
All these beauty books are out of date almost before they go to print, particularly if they are referencing beauty brands and products, without mentioning the various fashions in beauty routines and tools.
What they are is money for old rope. I wasted my money in the beauty bible flogged by Q, remember when the authors used to come in and sell it? They update annually, and hey presto, there's another best seller for you.

Latest posts

Back