Fabulift Eye Formula - and making a welcome return is...!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think my mum used stuff called Snow Fire years ago, although I may have got that wrong. It came in a small tin and had a silhouette of a woman's face on it. When that disappeared off the market she used Olay (or was it called Ulay?) She used that every day, morning and night, and when she was terminally ill the carers always made sure that it was applied for her - even on the day she died. Her skin was beautiful. Unfortunately, I've got hideous sensitive skin that only seems to cope with Elemis. Believe me, I've tried practically everything.

I've seen him on a fair bit recently and he has well and truly got his feet under the table. How long before IW are selling his perfumes and fragrances?

While I didn't mind him at all on Bid, I find it amazing that Ideal World took the three worst presenters from that channel when it all went to pot. I'm sure Peter Simon has his 'fans' and imagine that plenty of old dears watch him, but I struggle to see what they see in Mason and Jacks and the power that these ex-Bidders seem to hold? Surely Peter Sherlock is in after Sally or someone put a word in for him? What's happened to Rachel Pierman? Sally appears to have gotten all of her shifts with the amount she has been on.

That was me - yes, I think she's got worse, but she's always had a bit of a tendency. She's always got to be the centre of attention, always got to have the first, middle and last word, always knows everything, has seen everything, has done everything. Any time a guest offers an anecdote of something he or she has done, she immediately interrupts to trump it - she's always done said anecdote, but done it better. And she's SO thick: some of the stuff she comes out with comes across as a bit special needs. The sound of her voice makes my buttocks clench nowadays, and can you imagine her and Princess Andy together at home, both talking over each other trying to get some smart-arse comment in before the other. In fact, she's loathsome.

Rant over.

I agree with all the above, so pleased I missed PS

. I don't see much of IW anymore...has Andy done a runner? I haven't seen or heard of him for ages...

I've seen him on a fair bit recently and he has well and truly got his feet under the table. How long before IW are selling his perfumes and fragrances?

While I didn't mind him at all on Bid, I find it amazing that Ideal World took the three worst presenters from that channel when it all went to pot. I'm sure Peter Simon has his 'fans' and imagine that plenty of old dears watch him, but I struggle to see what they see in Mason and Jacks and the power that these ex-Bidders seem to hold? Surely Peter Sherlock is in after Sally or someone put a word in for him? What's happened to Rachel Pierman? Sally appears to have gotten all of her shifts with the amount she has been on.

Excellently put, it's the same with Pervy Pete, he's never off the channel! It's a shame that people are turning off because of the crap ex Bid presenters, because IW will ultimately pay the price, shame that because the majority of their products are really good, I suppose new customers won't want to know if they turn IW on only to find ex Bidders presenting, guilty by association and not to mention poop sticks.

I clicked over in the adverts earlier this evening. I faced the sight of Pervy Pete and Perfume Pete in raptures over some overpriced face cream. I actually turned back to view the adverts, I would rather see the depressing adverts for paying for your own funeral than watch those two.

I clicked over in the adverts earlier this evening. I faced the sight of Pervy Pete and Perfume Pete in raptures over some overpriced face cream. I actually turned back to view the adverts, I would rather see the depressing adverts for paying for your own funeral than watch those two.

It was a show filled with 'con the public' moments.

Perv has been in face creams for 40 years. Shylock is the person, according to Perv, that all the top make up people call up if they want to know something. This is all said without laughter (I was laughing though). In fact while Perv was bigging up Shylock, he took it all on the chin, was loving every word and actually said 'wow, thank you' to PP :mysmilie_19:

Tammy Hollis is suspect, she's supposed to have put together this formula, I thought they bought it in! Google her......nothing.

The before and after pictures haha, go like lightening now, you've no chance to have a good look at them. The only ones they keep up there long enough for you to look at, you'd rather not, if you want your dinner to stay down.

Once the models have been done, they quickly wizz them round in the chair to see their before and after pics, so you can't see what the model looks like.

They've dropped the 'make up artist' *cough* model Lynda, she's just in a shot by a window, applying the stuff to herself, now :mysmilie_19:

Kicking myself I missed this, sounds vintage IW-come-BidUp tactics. I googled a "company" that Perfume Pete was supposedly associated with some time back - the most anonymous website you could find, virtually nothing and no mention of him. Where did this urban myth originate from that he is some Turn-back time age-defying Skin Guru? What exactly are his qualifications for this, I wonder?

It was a show filled with 'con the public' moments.

Perv has been in face creams for 40 years. Shylock is the person, according to Perv, that all the top make up people call up if they want to know something. This is all said without laughter (I was laughing though). In fact while Perv was bigging up Shylock, he took it all on the chin, was loving every word and actually said 'wow, thank you' to PP :mysmilie_19:

Tammy Hollis is suspect, she's supposed to have put together this formula, I thought they bought it in! Google her......nothing.

The before and after pictures haha, go like lightening now, you've no chance to have a good look at them. The only ones they keep up there long enough for you to look at, you'd rather not, if you want your dinner to stay down.

Once the models have been done, they quickly wizz them round in the chair to see their before and after pics, so you can't see what the model looks like.

They've dropped the 'make up artist' *cough* model Lynda, she's just in a shot by a window, applying the stuff to herself, now :mysmilie_19:

I really don't get all this nonsense. At best, if this stuff works(?) it only gives a temporary tightening effect so what's the point? And I don't know when it was decided that Pete was a "skincare guru".

On another subject, I watched a bit of the shapewear demo this evening and I love the before and after pics. In the before the model is sticking her stomach out massively and this miraculously goes when they wear the product. Of course, the model is wearing a bra and t-shirt much too small so all the lumps and bumps are showing. If the model just stood up straight she would look slimmer!

Kicking myself I missed this, sounds vintage IW-come-BidUp tactics. I googled a "company" that Perfume Pete was supposedly associated with some time back - the most anonymous website you could find, virtually nothing and no mention of him. Where did this urban myth originate from that he is some Turn-back time age-defying Skin Guru? What exactly are his qualifications for this, I wonder?

Yeah I wonder too. They never go into detail do they? He once stood behind a shop counter in Harvey Nicks or somewhere, allegedly.

I thought they'd imported a load and repackaged http://www.fabulift.co.nz/info.html

But according to them, Shylock and Tammy Hollis have developed it :smirk:

Yes, of course that world-renowned "expert" Shylock and someone (who's she?) called Tammy. That tells us all we need to know about their "credentials". And I'm darned sure that most of the sales assistants who have served their time standing behind Harvey Nicks beauty counters (or any other reputable store come to that) would know a hell of a lot more than these 2. It's like: let's just pull someone in off the street as our resident "expert". At this rate, we'll all be frightened to walk past a hospital in case they pull us in to do a spot of surgery. Pete seems to be permanently "working with" or "developing a range"......it's apparent he goes from one venture to another. If they want respect they at least need to have done their training and research, stick at a product and know what they are talking about.

Yeah I wonder too. They never go into detail do they? He once stood behind a shop counter in Harvey Nicks or somewhere, allegedly.

I thought they'd imported a load and repackaged http://www.fabulift.co.nz/info.html

But according to them, Shylock and Tammy Hollis have developed it :smirk:

Yes, of course that world-renowned "expert" Shylock and someone (who's she?) called Tammy. That tells us all we need to know about their "credentials". And I'm darned sure that most of the sales assistants who have served their time standing behind Harvey Nicks beauty counters (or any other reputable store come to that) would know a hell of a lot more than these 2. It's like: let's just pull someone in off the street as our resident "expert". At this rate, we'll all be frightened to walk past a hospital in case they pull us in to do a spot of surgery. Pete seems to be permanently "working with" or "developing a range"......it's apparent he goes from one venture to another. If they want respect they at least need to have done their training and research, stick at a product and know what they are talking about.

It seems, and I wonder how they can get away with it, that anybody can walk on there and say anything they like about qualifications, credentials etc.

PP introduced Carolyn Jones as an horologist to the Queen's jewellers Garrards last night. Really?? He says others are mentioned in the glossy magazines, without producing said magazines. The guests don't dispute his sayings but sit there with a smile, a smile which makes me think he's kidding.

I know it's all done to make the public feel as if they're buying from expert, knowlegeable people but are they?

Latest posts

Back