FAO Sheepdog (or any other clever computer techies)!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
I seem to have b***ered up the BBC Good Food website on Firefox, I think I accidentally clicked something (somewhere!) a while back & ever since have lost all the background info, so have no stars on the recipe ratings (ratings still visible), no top logo, no side pics or side info & it is seriously doing my head in now!

I am using Ubuntu & have no way to access Windows on this PC as HD crashed & burned a while back!
Problem is with Firefox, site is visible as normal using Chromium.

I have tried to compare the 'view page info' on both browsers but this is minimal on Chromium, so no clue as to what I've done or how to get it back! (All other sites on Chromium are OK, just this one affected so whatever I've done is specific to this!)

I can, as said, use Chromium to see the site as normal but I'd love to know how to fix the blasted thing on FF, so any help or ideas appreciated! xx

:headbang:

p.s. I am not tech savvy at all so any instructions need to follow the k.i.s.s. approach! LOL

I did something similar when looking at a sellers page on ebay a few months - I was panicking as I thought I had broken ebay lol. I'm trying to remember what it was I had done and how I rectified it.

Do you have adblocker with your firefox, I've got a niggling feeling it was something to do with that , that I had clicked on but can't remember properly. I'll have a look in my saved searches to see if I can find what I did to sort it out..

Thanks Dollydimple - sorted! LOL

I initially thought of Adblock but dismissed it without further investigation :doh: as it (Adblock) was still functioning normally everywhere else! I will have a poke about in Adblock later & see if I can sort it more permanently but for now it is working with the relevant doodah unticked!

Thanks again DD, I could kick myself for my denseness, it is nearly always the most obvious things that are worth investigating first, particularly dense of me when I knew I had clicked something somewhere on the page that caused the problem initially & knew it was only that site that was affected!

:mysmilie_504:

I'm glad you sorted it. I am always inadvertently clicking on things and then worrying about what I have done and it takes me ages to sort out ( and I get mad at myself for causing me extra work lol ).

ps - I am not at all techy, it's all trial and error with me.

I would have suggested a reset of preferences though I'd advocate dumping Firefox and using Comodo Dragon. Based on Chromium and a lot more stable not to mention better security.

Latest posts

Back