Fashion brands dropping like flies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Years ago I bought several Klass items which were lovely but unfortunately shrunk in wash even though I am extremely careful when washing so I was put off but they do have some lovely items and good sizes. I might give them another go despite not really needing dressy clothes any longer

I seem to remember that Michelle Hope has two daughters who work with her. Maybe they want to take the business in another direction. Don’t they design for M&S? I suspect there’s something else in the pipeline.
I’ve never heard about paying for free delivery. That sounds quite interesting.
Sounds odd doesn’t it, but it’s just paying up front for 12 months of deliveries. I pay JD Williams £9.99 which is tremendous value.

Suspect Joe Browns ditched Q as it probably doesnt fit with their recent rebrand and Insta friendly marketing methods now (not to mention Joe Browns seem to sell ****** everywhere these days). Joules always seem to have sales even on their own website not to mention they have an eBay outlet, so even Joules on Q doesnt seem overly attractive or exclusive.

I think Ruth Langsford is going to be the ‘top range’ now. They certainly push the range, it seems to be popular, and of course Ruth has her loyal band of followers who are happy to splash the cash. She has been very successful in creating a little community, which suits QVC down to the ground. I sense a little tension with Julia though, as Ruth is fast becoming Q’s ‘top dog’! Ruth is wearing an awful jump suit on tonight’s show, which doesn’t suit her at all.

I think Ruth Langsford is going to be the ‘top range’ now. They certainly push the range, it seems to be popular, and of course Ruth has her loyal band of followers who are happy to splash the cash. She has been very successful in creating a little community, which suits QVC down to the ground. I sense a little tension with Julia though, as Ruth is fast becoming Q’s ‘top dog’! Ruth is wearing an awful jump suit on tonight’s show, which doesn’t suit her at all.
I noticed on a previous occasion when JR was on with Ruth that it was rather strained. Clash of egos?

Ruth is wearing an awful jump suit on tonight’s show, which doesn’t suit her at all. yep, have to agree. In fact her 'precise' way of speaking and hand sweeping really p......ses me off, coupled with how dopey Jackie decides to change the conversation to anything other than the product, and its switch off time for me.

Has Annaliese been coupled with Ruthless at all ? thought not.

Ruthless has played a blinder with her involvement with QVC. Funny how she has the same Agency representing her - YMU as Ambitious Holden !!! A negotiating dream for YMU then !

Ruth is wearing an awful jump suit on tonight’s show, which doesn’t suit her at all. yep, have to agree. In fact her 'precise' way of speaking and hand sweeping really p......ses me off, coupled with how dopey Jackie decides to change the conversation to anything other than the product, and its switch off time for me.

Has Annaliese been coupled with Ruthless at all ? thought not.

Ruthless has played a blinder with her involvement with QVC. Funny how she has the same Agency representing her - YMU as Ambitious Holden !!! A negotiating dream for YMU then !
I agree! I cannot bear to watch Ruthless . I find her condescending . Not for me at all.

Years ago I bought several Klass items which were lovely but unfortunately shrunk in wash even though I am extremely careful when washing so I was put off but they do have some lovely items and good sizes. I might give them another go despite not really needing dressy clothes any longer
I bought this dress below from Klass last year and love it. It`s a great length, very comfortable and an added bonus is it never needs ironing. I did order another dress a few weeks ago but when it came it obviously had the wrong size label stitched into it. I couldn`t get it over my shoulders which was hardy surprising because when I measured it, it turned out to be a size 10 and my nappies were a size 10 !

Never even heard of ‘Klass’?!

Is it a catalogue? (Always avoided anything that began or is still a catalogue like the plague! Not entirely sure why..!)

Just had a look at their website.

There are some nice dresses and tops and it looks quite well made...
But there is a LOT of lace!

Can’t decide if it’s a bit old for me?
And prices are quite high but I think I will check out sale section ;)
Thanks!

Speaking of catalogues, keep seeing TV advert with Ali for Cotton Traders!

My carer is going to Thailand on hols and saw they do tankinis (none anywhere ATM apparently!) so she went off to our local CT outlet.

No swimwear there but made me laugh she said it was all SO old fashioned in there!
(She’s 72 years old!!)
Not sure who it would be age appropriate for then?!
Ali makes it look okayish although I have a bit of a thing about (most) cropped trousers!

I don't wear t shirts because I don't like myself in them. However, is it true that, for example, Ruth Langsford's pricey t shirts are worth the money because the cheaper ones on the market go out of shape, fade, etc after washing, and in the long run, buying a more expensive t shirt will save you money? Same question for her and Marla's vest tops. Do you save by buying quality?

I don't wear t shirts because I don't like myself in them. However, is it true that, for example, Ruth Langsford's pricey t shirts are worth the money because the cheaper ones on the market go out of shape, fade, etc after washing, and in the long run, buying a more expensive t shirt will save you money? Same question for her and Marla's vest tops. Do you save by buying quality?
I have one of Ruths t-shirts, the one with the stars on the sleeve. It is extremely good quality and when I bought it, it was at a reduced price but it is expensive for what it is. I love it but I won’t be buying another one as the price is now £39! Plus postage which is ridiculous. In my experience t-shirts with a high modal content are much better quality, I recommend Kettlewell Colours, not cheap by any means, their vests are £29 plus P+P. The colours are lovely and the quality is second to none, as it is with all their clothes

Never even heard of ‘Klass’?!

Is it a catalogue? (Always avoided anything that began or is still a catalogue like the plague! Not entirely sure why..!)

Just had a look at their website.

There are some nice dresses and tops and it looks quite well made...
But there is a LOT of lace!

Can’t decide if it’s a bit old for me?

And prices are quite high but I think I will check out sale section ;)
Thanks!

Speaking of catalogues, keep seeing TV advert with Ali for Cotton Traders!

My carer is going to Thailand on hols and saw they do tankinis (none anywhere ATM apparently!) so she went off to our local CT outlet.

No swimwear there but made me laugh she said it was all SO old fashioned in there!
(She’s 72 years old!!)
Not sure who it would be age appropriate for then?!
Ali makes it look okayish although I have a bit of a thing about (most) cropped trousers!
Me too and I'll be straight up honest - I wasn't keen. Too much lace, embellishment and "fussiness" for my liking. I don't know if it's an age thing though. I think it's more a case of once you've stopped caring about what the latest fashion is, it's finding what you like and what suits you (or at least what you think suits you). As I said in a different thread I'm not a fan of really bright colours in my clothing, over bold patterns or embellishment, I'm okay with a slogan T-shirt or sweatshirt, as am I to wear trainers with a dress or skirt, but many people don't.
It's great when people find what they like and don't have to pay through the nose for it - You will always pay through the nose with Q with very few exceptions!

You made me think of school friendship groups! You can be in my gang until we drop you. Q is of course the playground bully. I shudder just thinking about it.

Yep totally agree - I only buy QVC clothes when they're on clearance. Silly prices for a lot of items.
Welcome SpiralGalaxy! Great name, btw.

I used to buy Q clothes on clearance a lot until I realised how much of it I was sending straight back, or worse, missing the return period for sending back!
It's even more expensive when you rately or never wear it and send it off to the charity shop.

Good question. I think there's a lot of luck involved, and buying from a quality brand or designer doesn't guarantee it will be better. I would never spend big bucks on a t shirt, but I have bought expensive brands at sale prices. I bought 2 t -shirts and a sweat shirt from the brand HUSH a few years back and the quality was terrible - They faded, went out of shape and were difficult to iron. Yet I've got a Primark t shirt I bought about 10 years ago that's kept it's shape and colour perfectly.

Thete used to be a Jaegar outlet near me and Mr L bought many suits from it but anything I I bought washed really badly and even in the outlet the prices were awful. Marks is involved now but I don’t even look at their offerings.

Good question. I think there's a lot of luck involved, and buying from a quality brand or designer doesn't guarantee it will be better. I would never spend big bucks on a t shirt, but I have bought expensive brands at sale prices. I bought 2 t -shirts and a sweat shirt from the brand HUSH a few years back and the quality was terrible - They faded, went out of shape and were difficult to iron. Yet I've got a Primark t shirt I bought about 10 years ago that's kept it's shape and colour perfectly.
Luck of the draw

Latest posts

Back