Fashion brands dropping like flies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meanwhile, Joules deliver for free if you spend over £49.00 and returns are free (and quickly processed).
Marla Wynne is terrifyingly over-priced, Monsoon seem to use QVC as an outlet, and every other 'fashion' brand is over-priced, frumpy and/or down-market, or can be bought direct from their own website for less or without incurring crazy postage costs. I genuinely don't know why anybody would even consider buying clothes from QVC and I'm sure I'm not alone, which is why brands are ditching them in droves.

I used to buy a lot of Together clothes (not from QVC) and Q didn't stock all the really nice things, just one or two and the rest pretty ghastly. Same with Joe Browns who have some really great cotton clothes yet QVC had all the really ugly things (probably that didn't sell in the JB catalogue).

CC

It was mentioned here about Michelle Hope, I believe she is retiring?

I hold my hand up and say I never pay attention to QVC fashion overpriced.
I'll be honest, I just assumed that Q had dumped her and this was a nicer way of saying she was leaving because if the range was that successful, surely someone else would have taken over the business?

I used to buy a lot of Together clothes (not from QVC) and Q didn't stock all the really nice things, just one or two and the rest pretty ghastly. Same with Joe Browns who have some really great cotton clothes yet QVC had all the really ugly things (probably that didn't sell in the JB catalogue).

CC

Kaleidoscope still feature Together, and sizes up to 26. Joe Browns can be found at JD Williams and size up to 32. One parcel of clothes can be £3.99 instead of per item that qvc charge. I've just received some lovely 'stuff' from Klass with just one amount for postage.

I'm getting a stocked up wardrobe, before clothing starts going through the roof price-wise, and before the heavy energy bills arrive on the door mat.

Meanwhile, Joules deliver for free if you spend over £49.00 and returns are free (and quickly processed).
Marla Wynne is terrifyingly over-priced, Monsoon seem to use QVC as an outlet, and every other 'fashion' brand is over-priced, frumpy and/or down-market, or can be bought direct from their own website for less or without incurring crazy postage costs. I genuinely don't know why anybody would even consider buying clothes from QVC and I'm sure I'm not alone, which is why brands are ditching them in droves.
I totally agree. Just look at the price of a basic T shirt on Q and when you factor in the postage, the cheapest you could possibly get away with is £12 and that's because the t-shirt is in clearance having been reduced from £26! Come on folks - that's ****** ridiculous! The cheapest full priced t-shirt is £16 + £2.95 postage. (It's plain white cotton). A plain cotton T-shirt from M&S is £7.50 in fact you can pick up a patterned/slogan T for the same price. A slogan on a T shirt from Q will throw it into the £30-£40 price bracket and then there's the postage on top of that! A basic T from Primark is about £4 and the Very catalogue when they're having a sale will usually sell t shirts for about £3-4 and that includes the more fancy styles. P&P is £3.99 per order and if you spend £30 click and collect is free. As there's a click and collect point very close to work I often throw a t-shirt into the basket to make up the cost as it works out cheaper than delivery! Like you say why on earth does anyone buy clothing from QVC? It's a blinking rip off!

I liked the brand rep for Together, 5' tall lady with v dark brown hair in a bob. I ordered a few items because she had them on on air and being a similar height and shape. They're still going strong and I feel good in them. Some of their stuff last time I looked in Kaleidoscope was a bit over-embellished for no good reason! Mind you that was probably 15-20 years ago !

I’m no fashion guru, I dress quite plainly, I’m 66 and overweight. I buy my clothes from JD Williams (and Yours). Decent quality for the money, mainly cotton for tops and summer cropped trousers. Colourful trainers & sandals in E width. I pay JD Williams £10 per year postage fee and this gives me “free” delivery for 12 months, no limit to the number of parcels. Often 2 day delivery. Free returns via Asda store near me. So easy.

QVC are falling behind

I’m no fashion guru, I dress quite plainly, I’m 66 and overweight. I buy my clothes from JD Williams (and Yours). Decent quality for the money, mainly cotton for tops and summer cropped trousers. Colourful trainers & sandals in E width. I pay JD Williams £10 per year postage fee and this gives me “free” delivery for 12 months, no limit to the number of parcels. Often 2 day delivery. Free returns via Asda store near me. So easy.

QVC are falling behind
I also paid for the “free” delivery.
Ordered 2 tops from JD Williams (using a 25% off code) last night at about 8.30.
They were delivered today before 2pm.

Kaleidoscope still feature Together, and sizes up to 26. Joe Browns can be found at JD Williams and size up to 32. One parcel of clothes can be £3.99 instead of per item that qvc charge. I've just received some lovely 'stuff' from Klass with just one amount for postage.

I'm getting a stocked up wardrobe, before clothing starts going through the roof price-wise, and before the heavy energy bills arrive on the door mat.
Love Klass. Get it from Boundary Mills outlet.

I seem to remember that Michelle Hope has two daughters who work with her. Maybe they want to take the business in another direction. Don’t they design for M&S? I suspect there’s something else in the pipeline.
I’ve never heard about paying for free delivery. That sounds quite interesting.

Latest posts

Back