Gail Hayman Hour 08/12/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MIKE040249

Registered Shopper
Absolutely full marks to the Gail Hayman bloke who is coming to the end of an hour of incessant interruptions (usually trivial ones, too) from Alison Young. A great guest wasted.

He's wasted on QVC and with this bargain basement range!

Bargain basement! The last time I bought GH lip lift duo, to no effect whatsoever on my lips, it was £12 for the duo. Now it's £27.

I opened a dvd excerpt at random and found the man saying that we could put one shade of lipstick over another, to make our summer lipstick more suitable for autumn. (I rarely venture outdoors before checking that my makeup is in harmony with the seasons.) Has he learned nothing from QVC? He ought to be selling us a separate 'transitional' lipstick.

I have no idea why this brand is still sold on QVC, they must get the products for pennies.

John used to have columns in newspapers and magazines, even on a TV show years back.

Was it John Gustafsson? (I didn't see the hour)

Didn't he used to work with Prescriptives many moons ago?

Was it John Gustafsson? (I didn't see the hour)

Didn't he used to work with Prescriptives many moons ago?

I think he used to be on something with the BBC about fifteen years ago. It was a fashion thing with a woman who was one of twin, was blonde, quite plump and had a bit of a lisp, doing the fashion, (you can see how dim my memory is)... and he did the makeup section of the programme. Both she, he and the programme were quite well known at the time. It is sad if he is reduced to peddling stuff on QVC.

I think he used to be on something with the BBC about fifteen years ago. It was a fashion thing with a woman who was one of twin, was blonde, quite plump and had a bit of a lisp, doing the fashion, (you can see how dim my memory is)... and he did the makeup section of the programme. Both she, he and the programme were quite well known at the time. It is sad if he is reduced to peddling stuff on QVC.

Was it Lowri Turner ?

I used to use Gayle Hayman when it first appeared on Q.I loved it especially a gel foundation which went on like a dream and really covered redness without looking mask like.As usual though the ingredients seemed to change and it got renamed so I stopped buying.

Ive never tried lip lift, never needed it ,its the one part of my face that seems to be holding up well !

Thanks to the people who named Lowri Turner and therefore gave my brain cells a nudge. John G was always wonderfully well informed about ingredients, types of makeup and the pros and cons of different beauty brands and was a pleasure to listen to.

If only he were the regular presenter on QVC of beauty items!

I use the lip lift in the winter...tbh what I use must be two or three years old, I think it was £22 for two when I bought it. My lips do seem to dry and peel when the heating goes on and when I go out in the cold...

Latest posts

Back