General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever seen a fragrance advert? Smells are well known to evoke feelings - he's hardly saying it's a cure-all or anything like that. Proper fragrance adverts get away with much more - j'adore by Dior is one example, with that advert saying that "gold is cold, diamonds are dead" and that to "feel what's real" you should spray yourself that masks your real smell and contains various chemicals, and artificial colours.

Well whatever mate, Dior ain't AYAMIK! I will give him some credit, you said he claimed Tanzanite was trichroic following a jewellery sale but having watched a recording of that sale, as I suggested at the time, he didn't say that at all. He definitely said it was trichloric, and it is.

Last edited:
Angela just cracked one of those plastic serenity etched pots they sell, Not the best advert when selling them

I like Angela too but have not seen her on for weeks until today, is the bid gardening ending now?

i would assume gardening would get a big push until the autuum

it was quite funny when angela was part of the peter simon entrance/experience a few weeks ago, she didn't at all prance in uncomfortably haha

jesus christ, jennifer topp talks more doing one product than iv seen the other models talk for two months.

I think Jenny Topp is trying to bag herself a presenting job. She doesn't shut up once she's started!

i would assume gardening would get a big push until the autuum

it was quite funny when angela was part of the peter simon entrance/experience a few weeks ago, she didn't at all prance in uncomfortably haha

One time Peter gave his usual entrance speech & then introduced Helen and they proceeded to show some of the upcoming items... then Peter remembered he was supposed to introduce Angela too & she had just been stood behind the backdrop waiting :blush: I've never seen Peter so apologetic lol.

DOTD bras

What's the big deal? Aren't they always £4.99?

Mark Ryes said they wouldn't be sold at this price again for 30 days. No, they'll probably be £3.99. They really do fly out.

I think Jenny Topp is trying to bag herself a presenting job. She doesn't shut up once she's started!

Is she the one with long dark hair and a husky voice like a smoker? If she is, she may well be chopsy but at least she looks as if she eats. Unusual to see a normal sized assistant/model on bid or price drop

Is she the one with long dark hair and a husky voice like a smoker? If she is, she may well be chopsy but at least she looks as if she eats. Unusual to see a normal sized assistant/model on bid or price drop

I'm not her biggest fan but I reckon Jenny could easily present a show, I notice she does a fair few promos right now.

She does have something of a husky voice!

Well whatever mate, Dior ain't AYAMIK! I will give him some credit, you said he claimed Tanzanite was trichroic following a jewellery sale but having watched a recording of that sale, as I suggested at the time, he didn't say that at all. He definitely said it was trichloric, and it is.

Do you know what trichloric means? Let the Oxford English Dictionary assist...

"Of or pertaining to chlorine" is the definition of chloric
The dictionary gives examples of the prefix tri- in chemistry - "e.g. trisodic or trisodium, (a salt) containing 3 atoms of sodium; triethylic or triethyl (a compound) containing 3 ethyl groups; triethylene, containing three non-contiguous ethylene radicals in the molecule. So trihydric or [...] trichloric"

So trichloric means that the material contains three chlorine molecules.

The chemical formula of zoisite is Ca2Al3(SiO4)(Si2O7)O(OH) (forgive the lack of subscript). Chlorine does not form part of zoisite.

So Tanzanite that was sold was neither trichroic, or trichloric. The next time you try and discredit what I say, do your research.

Do you know what trichloric means? Let the Oxford English Dictionary assist...

"Of or pertaining to chlorine" is the definition of chloric
The dictionary gives examples of the prefix tri- in chemistry - "e.g. trisodic or trisodium, (a salt) containing 3 atoms of sodium; triethylic or triethyl (a compound) containing 3 ethyl groups; triethylene, containing three non-contiguous ethylene radicals in the molecule. So trihydric or [...] trichloric"

So trichloric means that the material contains three chlorine molecules.

The chemical formula of zoisite is Ca2Al3(SiO4)(Si2O7)O(OH) (forgive the lack of subscript). Chlorine does not form part of zoisite.

So Tanzanite that was sold was neither trichroic, or trichloric. The next time you try and discredit what I say, do your research.

Sorry, but I still think you are wrong because James didn't say trichroic as you stated, he said trichloric which as you clearly know is a different thing altogether.

Maybe i'm confused because of the language used by so called expert websites, Gems TV says 'Tanzanite is a gemstone that really sparkles under any lighting condition. A pair of Tanzanite Earrings will display colour hues from light Periwinkle Blue through to deep ocean blues. It is also possible to view flashes of pink from gemstones set into a pair of Tanzanite Earrings, as Tanzanite is a trichloric gemstone.

Jewellery Africa say it is trichloric too, maybe they are not being specific and if so I apologise but they both seem pretty clear to the layman, nevertheless I am certain James didn't say Trichroic. Far be it from me to defend him but in this case I don't think he is guilty!

http://jewelafrica.com/tanzanite/choosing-tanzanite/

Last edited:
I'm not her biggest fan but I reckon Jenny could easily present a show, I notice she does a fair few promos right now.

She does have something of a husky voice!

from what i can tell, she used to be a presenter on bid but left and ended up returning as a model (apologies if i'm "mason'ing you by telling you something you already know)

she is clearly proficient on the mic, they just need to give her a presenting job or shut up and model the clothes... plus i can really imagine her and bates wearing their crinkle pallazo trousers everywhere (i can't)

from what i can tell, she used to be a presenter on bid but left and ended up returning as a model (apologies if i'm "mason'ing you by telling you something you already know)

she is clearly proficient on the mic, they just need to give her a presenting job or shut up and model the clothes... plus i can really imagine her and bates wearing their crinkle pallazo trousers everywhere (i can't)

Not at all Mr Tom, I didn't know that.

She certainly has the spiel to present, as you say the idea she wears Cringles and Pallazo trousers on a big night out is a bit of stretch!

Not at all Mr Tom, I didn't know that.

She certainly has the spiel to present, as you say the idea she wears Cringles and Pallazo trousers on a big night out is a bit of stretch!

personally i don't think it's a crime to say a product is good but you don't own it as your house is not the bid stockroom. that and using models that reflect the target audience of the product might help lend a bit of creedence to them.

i think there is youtube vids of jenny topp presenting on bid from a few years back.

personally i don't think it's a crime to say a product is good but you don't own it as your house is not the bid stockroom. that and using models that reflect the target audience of the product might help lend a bit of creedence to them.

i think there is youtube vids of jenny topp presenting on bid from a few years back.

Having the appropriate model is vital for authenticity, i'm afraid Bid often fail miserably in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back