GHD Style Lounge TSV Sat 20th June

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have never been convinced about GHDs. My hairdresser uses them on me when I am there and my niece has a pair which I have used at times and they don't seem to work any better than my Babyliss ones so I felt I couldn't justify the price of GHDs.

Anyway I decided to take advantage of the QVC's TSV price and their 30 day MBG to really give GHDs a try.

Mine arrived earlier in the week and having used them I am still not convinced. Actually I am wondering if the ones I have are faulty as I don't think they are as hot as they should be, using these is really hard work, much more than whenever I have borrowed my nieces. Also usually if I do my hair in morning it lasts all day, whereas I have been noticing that my hair has been jumping up, curl creeping back in within a few hours, hence why I am wondering if the ones I got are faulty, maybe the heat just isn't there.

Does anyone know what temp GHDs should heat to?

Well since my post earlier I have been doing a bit of digging about online and have discovered that GHDs only heat to 180C http://www.ghdhair.com/customer-care/product-care whereas many others on the market heat between 200C-230C so many GHDs are just not hot enough for my hair.

My babyliss have a heat control dial which goes to 230, i use mine at the hottest but only need to sweep it quicky over my hair and the job is done.

I'll have to double check but I'm sure the instructions on that heat protection that was advised to use on here Kerastase ciment was not to have your stylers hotter than 180.

:flower:

I'll have to double check but I'm sure the instructions on that heat protection that was advised to use on here Kerastase ciment was not to have your stylers hotter than 180.

Yes ideally straightners at 180 it says.

My babyliss have a heat control dial which goes to 230, i use mine at the hottest but only need to sweep it quicky over my hair and the job is done.

I know what you mean Molly, I am used to just a quick sweep with my straightners so was rather surprised when I got the GHDs and found I was having to go over sections several times. :sad:

Yes ideally straightners at 180 it says.

I should imagine companies making these products will recommend certain temps as a get out clause. It means people can't try and complain that their product has not protected their hair, company can turn round and say you must have used styler hotter than 180.

Thinking about it now a while ago when my mobile hairdresser was here, she straightened my hair with my old Compliements styler.
I asked about the heat setting as DD always had them on the hottest, she advised and did mine set on 180.

:emo:

I have never been convinced about GHDs. My hairdresser uses them on me when I am there and my niece has a pair which I have used at times and they don't seem to work any better than my Babyliss ones so I felt I couldn't justify the price of GHDs.

Anyway I decided to take advantage of the QVC's TSV price and their 30 day MBG to really give GHDs a try.

Mine arrived earlier in the week and having used them I am still not convinced. Actually I am wondering if the ones I have are faulty as I don't think they are as hot as they should be, using these is really hard work, much more than whenever I have borrowed my nieces. Also usually if I do my hair in morning it lasts all day, whereas I have been noticing that my hair has been jumping up, curl creeping back in within a few hours, hence why I am wondering if the ones I got are faulty, maybe the heat just isn't there.

Does anyone know what temp GHDs should heat to?

I am in a simialr situation sazza - I have the Babyliss Pro 230 straighteners and bought the TSV Ghds to see what all the fuss was about.

I had read reviews where people were saying their hair was straighter even after they had washed it after using Ghds but like you, I am finding the effect is not lasting very long { could possibly also be because of the very humid weather } and haven't found them to be better than my Babyliss ones. I definitely have to go over sections a few times to get them straight which I also have to do with my Babyliss.

I so wanted to find them fabulous and will give them a bit more of a chance, but my initail impressions are they aren't much, if any better than my Babyliss straighteners.

I am in a simialr situation sazza - I have the Babyliss Pro 230 straighteners and bought the TSV Ghds to see what all the fuss was about.

I had read reviews where people were saying their hair was straighter even after they had washed it after using Ghds but like you, I am finding the effect is not lasting very long { could possibly also be because of the very humid weather } and haven't found them to be better than my Babyliss ones. I definitely have to go over sections a few times to get them straight which I also have to do with my Babyliss.

I so wanted to find them fabulous and will give them a bit more of a chance, but my initail impressions are they aren't much, if any better than my Babyliss straighteners.

Thank goodness it is not just me who doesn't think they live up to the hype. I really think I will be sending them back.

Can anyone help me please that bought the tsv, I can't for the life of me work out how to get them back into the pouch and zip it shut, which end does the plug go? I wished I'd looked before getting them out, I've just spent the best part of half an hour trying to get them back in! lol

Can anyone help me please that bought the tsv, I can't for the life of me work out how to get them back into the pouch and zip it shut, which end does the plug go? I wished I'd looked before getting them out, I've just spent the best part of half an hour trying to get them back in! lol

Your not on your own I'm also interested in a response to your question, I've certainly not tried to zip them away in the case whilst they are hot.

Latest posts

Back